• Fabregas (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Aina (sub)

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Chris Sutton generally can be dismissed, Ruud talks knowingly sometimes and Pat Nevin I find worthy of of attention -seems to speak a bit of sense, and he was saying something about resting players and stuff along those lines coming back from West Brom,  but I was so drunk. How he is on the same R5 programme as Robbie Savage though astounds me...

I was a bit fragile myself today. So fragile that The Bridge has given me a headache. My daughter says I have to learn to sing not shout. Whatever that means.

And by the way, East Stand shame on you for breaking the chain.

Funny game, happy almost everyone got chance to play. I didnt realy care about the result but after 3:1 and then 3:3 I hoped we can score one more.

90points, 29 victories and 80 goals scored with one more game to be played. Not bad season at all.

Willian, Eden and late Pedro were electric for such unimportant match. Great attitude.

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

You're right that 1v1s are very necessary for wingbacks (marcelo, Alves, Mendy proved in champions League) but I wonder why Moses with all his dribbling and experience as a winger is outperformed massively by Alonso this season both in goals and assists. And even Azpi is a far better crosser which is important for a wing-back. 

Hopefully Moses improves his crosses because from what we've seen today, no way should Azpi be moved from the centerback position, none of the rest are good enough to replace him. 

I think part of it has to do with the pressure Hazard puts on defenders when he's on the left as well. They must focus on him at all times, leaving Alonso slightly more space. The same isn't needed with Pedro or Willian. IMO, 75% of focus is put on Hazard and 25% is on Alonso, meanwhile focus is closer to 60/40 (arbitrary numbers, but it makes the point). 

I haven't been able to watch the match yet, just listened to it. I've now listened to 2 straight matches on radio and I have no clue how anyone can draw conclusions based solely on listening :lol: It was great to hear how it seemed like such a party atmosphere and a celebration. I would have loved to be there. 

54 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Funny game, happy almost everyone got chance to play. I didnt realy care about the result but after 3:1 and then 3:3 I hoped we can score one more.

90points, 29 victories and 80 goals scored with one more game to be played. Not bad season at all.

Willian, Eden and late Pedro were electric for such unimportant match. Great attitude.

Eden sometimes reminds me of CR7 fully energetic when not required.

6 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Unimportant match ... I dont think the manager sees it that way. Terry or Azpi mentioned that in his post match interview that the manager mentioned we need to win the next 2 match and have the max number of wins for the season. :)

2 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

Unimportant match ... I dont think the manager sees it that way. Terry or Azpi mentioned that in his post match interview that the manager mentioned we need to win the next 2 match and have the max number of wins for the season. :)

I know but they didnt put such shift in some bigger games this season. But since they were the MAIN guys yesterday among all our bench teammates, it was great attitude from those two to take the responsibility and show good performance. 

Eden's running and tracking was absolutely unbelievable, he is turning into quite a working player. 

Pedro was excellent too after coming on. The more I think, the more I want Grizi here. This season he realy turned to a very hard working player (I always thought he is bit too fragile and couldnt play whole 90min in PL, but this season he improved so much). Never mind his composure and efficiency in front of goal. Imagine Eden Grizi and our striker run on counter attack, its goal guaranteed. And Grizi is such a cool guy too. Chelsea material attitude. 

41 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I know but they didnt put such shift in some bigger games this season. But since they were the MAIN guys yesterday among all our bench teammates, it was great attitude from those two to take the responsibility and show good performance. 

Eden's running and tracking was absolutely unbelievable, he is turning into quite a working player. 

Pedro was excellent too after coming on. The more I think, the more I want Grizi here. This season he realy turned to a very hard working player (I always thought he is bit too fragile and couldnt play whole 90min in PL, but this season he improved so much). Never mind his composure and efficiency in front of goal. Imagine Eden Grizi and our striker run on counter attack, its goal guaranteed. And Grizi is such a cool guy too. Chelsea material attitude. 

I feel Hazard wanted to play in this game because he wasnt particular good in the last game ... maybe he is using this for the Final. I agree that the attitude was superb which is also down to what the manager has drilled within the team ... when your out there u should give your 100%. Watching them play the way they did, got a smile to my face. 

Griezmann would be a terrfic addition along side Sanchez for next season (yes we will give up on the physical aspect up front) but Griezmann is surely United bound. Dont see him coming over. 

24 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

I feel Hazard wanted to play in this game because he wasnt particular good in the last game ... maybe he is using this for the Final. I agree that the attitude was superb which is also down to what the manager has drilled within the team ... when your out there u should give your 100%. Watching them play the way they did, got a smile to my face. 

Griezmann would be a terrfic addition along side Sanchez for next season (yes we will give up on the physical aspect up front) but Griezmann is surely United bound. Dont see him coming over. 

Stay away from griezman his mental in big match is weak, doesn't perform in big match so far

you guys know higuain? he's unquestionably good but horrible in final, some says he's the only human who can successfully restrain messi 

12 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

You're right that 1v1s are very necessary for wingbacks (marcelo, Alves, Mendy proved in champions League) but I wonder why Moses with all his dribbling and experience as a winger is outperformed massively by Alonso this season both in goals and assists. And even Azpi is a far better crosser which is important for a wing-back. 

Hopefully Moses improves his crosses because from what we've seen today, no way should Azpi be moved from the centerback position, none of the rest are good enough to replace him. 

It's why I say someone like Semedo should be our number 1 target in the summer. It's vital we get someone who's influential in attack there. 

I think Alonso can comfortable play CL level, not sure about Moses though. Alonso's the better player