• Loftus-Cheek (sub)

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Not helping my nerves here...

:P

Imagining a situation where the title comes down to the final match week. Spurs play guess who? Man United. José plays the kids and gifts Spuds the title. Then he shows up to his post match presser and gloats about how he gives youth a chance.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Imagining a situation where the title comes down to the final match week. Spurs play guess who? Man United. José plays the kids and gifts Spuds the title. Then he shows up to his post match presser and gloats about how he gives youth a chance.

this actually made me laugh lmao :D

No doubt in my mind that Jose is going to go into this one for the draw, or at least to just slow the game down from the start. We won't flog them like we did last time, but 1-0 could be on the cards.

I am scared as I have always been this season when we have played big teams. 

Costa is not in form. Hopefully Hazard is fired up and maintains his form. Come on Conte please don't mess it up. Hopefully Pochetino doesn't give Mourinho his tactics on how he overcame us :(

8 hours ago, Pizy said:

where the title comes down to the final match week. Spurs play guess who? Man United. 

Spurs are away to Hull on the final match week hope Hull need the win to stay up in that game that means Hull will try their best to beat them if that's the case 

fuck the draw, i want us to win, can´t afford more dropped points

Yes we can afford to lose quite a few points. Getting a draw at Old Drawford wouldn't be too bad. Winning it would be special though, because we will have beaten the special one in all our games.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Remaining matches (away matches in capital letters):

CFC: MAN UTD-Southampton-EVERTON-Boro-WBA-Sunderland and Watford (date not fixed)

SPURS: Bournemouth-LEICESTER-CRYSTAL PALACE-Arsenal-W. HAM-Man Utd-HULL

Spurs have 4 aways, we have 3.
The total strength in points so far of our opponents is 270, for the Spurs it is 266.
The total strength in points so far of our opponents at home is 121 and for the Spurs it is 143.
The total strength in points so far for our away opponents is 149 and for the Spurs it is 123.

Spurs have easier on paper away matches, but it's difficult to cover seven points.

Notice also the difference between the 3-1-0 point system and the old 2-1-0.
With 2-1-0 we 'd be three points ahead. So with a defeat and a draw they could catch us if they took maximum advantage.
With 3-1-0 if we lose and draw and they win two matches we are still two points ahead.

Just a thought, but United have Anderlecht either side of our game. What sort of side does Jose go with? Most would say a full strength team, but if they are down 1-0 or 2-0 in the first leg against Anderlecht, surely he rests players against us?

7 minutes ago, itsbeauj said:

Just a thought, but United have Anderlecht either side of our game. What sort of side does Jose go with? Most would say a full strength team, but if they are down 1-0 or 2-0 in the first leg against Anderlecht, surely he rests players against us?

They will rotate players because Jose does not know his best team anyway. But the key players like Pogba, Ibra, DDG I assume will play. They still have a great chance of reaching top 4.

Can't see them scoring unless we make some major errors in defense, but at the same time I think we'll likely struggle to score as well with Costa's current form.

Basically, it'll probably be down to Eden to win us the points again.