Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Emerson Palmieri

Unionjack
Followers 1

9 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

If this guy can defend with a good standard and get forward and be dangerous with his ability and deliveries, Alonso will be in for a real challenge.

I like Alonso, going forward he is very good, little suspect defensively and I always think he lacks a yard of pace.   Set pieces though, thumbs up

If only we could find some way to merge Alonso and Moses. Would have a decent WB then!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont like counting chickens buy he does SEEM a step up on Alonso. Pretty nippy, good pass and crosser, good with the ball at his feet, good tackler and plays both wings.

Wing wing situation!!!  987bf7b24e6304af9905be306aefdf2d.gif

Good talent. Did not know him at all prior to 16/17 but he impressed me the few times I caught Roma last season.

The only problem I have with this move is the fact that Chelsea is the last place you wanna go after a serious injury. Alonso is an established member of the team (I know, I know) so he'll most likely get a few chances here and there 'to prove himself'. Him not being big and strong, and not a natural work-horse, he'll be tossed out (meaning sent to Loanland) if he doesn't perform.

But I'm happy Chels still seem capable of valuing technique and creativity. Even more so in this case, offensive qualities in a non-forward. I don't know if he's good enough but I like his skillset. More of the same, please.

And please revert back to a back four. Though that's probably too much to ask for.

21 minutes ago, DYC. said:

And please revert back to a back four. Though that's probably too much to ask for.

Wasn’t comfortable with Alonso at LB. not good enough defensively. I’d like to see a back line of Emerson Christensen Rüdiger Azpilicueta though. Pretty good. 

18 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Wasn’t comfortable with Alonso at LB. not good enough defensively. I’d like to see a back line of Emerson Christensen Rüdiger Azpilicueta though. Pretty good. 

Then i hope we sign a RB and put Azpi next to Christensen.

27 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Rudiger doesn't impress me. Solid player but a back-up for me.

I'd like to see Christensen-Luiz. I want to see how Christensen's calm presence affects him.

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

You really think that could work? I've liked the idea of that CB duo for a while but I don't know if this Chelsea team can pull that off.

(City could easily make that work because of their style.)

5 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Rudiger doesn't impress me. Solid player but a back-up for me.

I'd like to see Christensen-Luiz. I want to see how Christensen's calm presence affects him.

You really think that could work? I've liked the idea of that CB duo for a while but I don't know if this Chelsea team can pull that off.

(City could easily make that work because of their style.)

I honestly do, there were also question marks on if he would have worked at LB and RCB but he took to it like a duck to water. I think he could be put in any (defensive) position and pull it off.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

I honestly do, there were also question marks on if he would have worked at LB and RCB but he took to it like a duck to water. I think he could be put in any (defensive) position and pull it off.

In terms of pure defensive ability he's fantastic. But you don't think the team would suffer aerially? And Christensen-Azpilicueta is a combo that can be bullied by power and aggression. Alongside a Terry or Kompany, I'd always go for it. But alongside Christensen? I don't know. Then you have to make sure you win the ball much higher up the pitch than Chelsea currently do.

I know its only a youtube video up there and they only show good things not any mistakes etc but he looks a few yards faster than Alonso and prepared to take risks in 1v1s. Only issue for me is he seems to come infield a lot as opposed to stay wide based on those clips but I reckon this is a Conte driven signing and if we get it done for 20m and get Dzeko too I'd be happy enough to see what like, he can't be any worse than Kenedy or Baba, plus gives Alonso competition and possibility to rotate or take him out if hes playing poorly.

People concerned about his ACL injury should remember Zouma and Rudiger both done theirs in the past 3 years and really haven't lost any speed. Bolasie, Callum Wilson also the same in recent times. I doubt the club would pursue somebody who they imagined wasn't fully recovered or majorly affected by such a thing. 

At some point he'll be one of the best full backs in the world for a while. I think the best player to compare him to in both play style and ability is Marcelo. Main difference being Marcelo has far superior technique where Emerson's is average. I think Emerson could become our 2nd best ever left back if given the chance. He's just productive. He goes forward like a champion. 

I think his only (major) fault is acting like 'the job is done' too early when he gets forward - staying forward when he should quickly track back.
I imagine if we swap Alonso for Emerson, we lose heading ability, & we lose free-kick ability. We gain pace, & we gain more dangerous forward runs (for both teams).
There's a big upgrade in mentality, too; it's clear Emerson wants to be great.

I'd be excited about this; he just needs to mature. Maybe improve tackling.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Emerson  can play both sides like Dave.

1 hour ago, DYC. said:

And Christensen-Azpilicueta is a combo that can be bullied by power and aggression

I'd still like us to get a defender with some  presence and agression you could just say 'sick em' and they would be rolling on the floor in agony.

And if they were a good hoofer and able tohold the ball and dribble that would be a plus lol

Like a morph of Filipe Luis and Bane!

8 hours ago, Artandur said:

Apparently he already played in a Serie A match on 01.12.2017, but didnt get any minutes since then ? Does anybody have some insights about whats going on here ?

First game back since his injury. Kolarov is on form so there’s no need to rush him in. 

11 hours ago, DYC. said:

I'd like to see Christensen-Luiz

When it comes down to it it’s probably our best CB pairing but I’m not sure Antonio will ever try this in the near future. 

4 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Is he registered as part of the Roma Champions League team?

I do not think he is. Would not make sense for them given they can reregister in for the ko stage. Also does bot matter as lonh as he has not played right?

17 hours ago, Tomo said:

Azpi next to Christensen.

Thing that worries me about Luiz tho is hes just so haphazzard at times. You would think with his experience he would be so calm and got his act together plus he doesnt keep his form. He goes from 2 pretty bad games at Athleico and Palace to having 2 good games against Roma and Watford then back to rubbish again against Roma.

I like Luiz and I'd like us to use him instead of Baks.