BlueLyon
Followers 1

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We are in a need of one big transfer, one big buy, to get the other things rolling. I want CHELSEA BREAKS THE BANK FOR A FRENCH SUPERSTAR screaming from the papers, I want them all to talk about us. That will attract other good players too.

Don't know much about him, hope he is good and we can finally do it.

19 hours ago, El P. said:

We are in a need of one big transfer, one big buy, to get the other things rolling. I want CHELSEA BREAKS THE BANK FOR A FRENCH SUPERSTAR screaming from the papers, I want them all to talk about us. That will attract other good players too.

Don't know much about him, hope he is good and we can finally do it.

Watched some of his videos and changed my mind. I don't think he is that good, especially in the last third. Mahrez would be better buy.

I hope that he doesn't arrive, it would be just a huge waste of money.Yes, he is young but he is not much better than Willian and his value is £ 20 - 25 certainly not £ 80-90.I ask you:
1) but after bakayoko are you so happy to take another super overrated player?
2) It's not that if we spend € 90 million then necessarily he has to be strong, we're just stupid to take him !
3) all those who exalt him but over 10 minutes on yt (where you already understand a lot) but 8 - 10 games of the Monaco have you seen?

The main things I'm noticing when watching Lemar's highlights on YouTube are that he seems very one footed (left) and occupies the same space on the pitch that Hazard does (also left). Now obviously players of this ability can likely play anywhere across the attacking positions but it's something to consider. One of Eden's most dangerous moves is cutting in from the left and shooting. Likewise, Lemar looks great at putting the ball in with his favored left foot. So what's the idea if both are in the side?

Im sure Conte could figure it out but I just think it makes more sense to get Mahrez who's used to playing on the right.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The main things I'm noticing when watching Lemar's highlights on YouTube are that he seems very one footed (left) and occupies the same space on the pitch that Hazard does (also left). Now obviously players of this ability can likely play anywhere across the attacking positions but it's something to consider. One of Eden's most dangerous moves is cutting in from the left and shooting. Likewise, Lemar looks great at putting the ball in with his favored left foot. So what's the idea if both are in the side?

Im sure Conte could figure it out but I just think it makes more sense to get Mahrez who's used to playing on the right.

This. One would expect that he plays on the right with his good left foot being able to shoot. His playing style is somewhat strange, I am seeing what his ability is, but I've never seen him doing something exceptional in final third, some dribble or pass that would make a difference. Really wouldn't pay more than 40mils for him.

Buying Mahrez just makes more sense.

2 minutes ago, El P. said:

This. One would expect that he plays on the right with his good left foot being able to shoot. His playing style is somewhat strange, I am seeing what his ability is, but I've never seen him doing something exceptional in final third, some dribble or pass that would make a difference. Really wouldn't pay more than 40mils for him.

Yeah, he looks to have a similar style as Mahrez on the ball when dribbling but doesn't quite have the end product in terms of goals. Definitely has the end product when it comes to assists, though. I'd be glad to have him but there are perhaps better fits for us.

Can certainly see why Arsenal are/were after him. Would be a perfect fit in their team. If Sanchez is off next month you'd imagine they'll try again. Alexis looks like his head is completely gone so he's surely off.

I'd agree that Lemar isn't spectacular, but he's not not great IMO. He's all-rounded, consistent, and for sure not the perfect player for our wing, but he's the perfect player for any squad, presuming he doesn't have to start every game.

He'd blitz any small teams in the cup games, he'd be a really solid alternative to any XI player injured in a big game (solid meaning, small chance of being a game-winner, but equally small chance of fucking anything up.) 
He's already Arsenal starter-material; for us he's definitely bench material. Not a player who raises a team's level, but further solidifies it, whatever that level is - presuming again, he isn't relied upon. I want incredible bench players, and an incredible bench option he would be.

I imagine that for us, he'd be a 6.5-7/10 player in 90% of his games. Never would he have a bad game. Sometimes he'd be the best forward on the pitch, like Willian can manage even after terrible, terrible runs of form. Sometimes Hazard can't unlock a defence, and what we need is a more traditional winger.

I guess for the amount of money he'd cost, it makes more sense to first prioritise upgrading our XI. In that case I'm far more into Sanchez than Mahrez, because while one has a great amount of talent, the other has an extraordinary level of talent.

If we do sign him, the most likely scenario is he's going straight into our XI. In that scenario it's simple. Four. Two. Three. (One). 
Lemar - Hazard - &Whoever - would be strong, presuming the guy on the right is elite (but where are the elite right-wingers?)
I'd definitely keep him in the ilk of a player who offers quite a bit defensively, and aims to cross more than he aims to shoot. Somewhat like Giggs just as Namika said. 
As a starting player this would be underwhelming all in all.

Why are people comparing him to Mahrez ? 

Lemar is a left midfielder. He's a winger. If we bought him it would for the LWB position or to play left wing in a 4-4-2 not to play in behind the striker.

I like him. Got pace, quick feet, ability to beat players on the outside, comfortable on the ball, still young.

Also i don't think he's cup tied in the CL as he only played in the qualifiers this season.

It's a lot of money though. Hopefully we can use Batshuayi to pull the price down.

Are you guys really football enthusiast? Because your description of lemar is shocking omg. If there was a player lemar is a keen to it is MALOUDA. Meaning he will be good on the wing, but his best position and right place in a team will always be LCM. For his attributes he is an all rounder, he is like a clock( keeps things ticking) meaning he will keep the ball circulating. All in all a great player to complement Kante (dm) and cesc ( rcm). This will certainly mean we will be sticking to a midfield three going forward.

9 minutes ago, GhanaBoy said:

Are you guys really football enthusiast? Because your description of lemar is shocking omg. If there was a player lemar is a keen to it is MALOUDA. Meaning he will be good on the wing, but his best position and right place in a team will always be LCM. For his attributes he is an all rounder, he is like a clock( keeps things ticking) meaning he will keep the ball circulating. All in all a great player to complement Kante (dm) and cesc ( rcm). This will certainly mean we will be sticking to a midfield three going forward.

Malouda is actually a great comparison. Lemar is a good player but he isn’t worth £80m. 

If we’re gonna spend £80m on a player then I’d rather us add a few more millions on to that and get a proper elite attacking midfielder. 

He is a left footed attacker which would be ideal for us. The thing is, I am not sure I would replace Willian or Pedro for him, and certainly not for £80 million. I don't think he's worth €80 million, let alone £'s. I would spend that money on a LWB which is the position that needs filling the most. 

Kinda warming up to the signing a bit more if we could drop the price down to let’s say £60m. Maybe Michy on a loan will do it? We did sign Drinkwater and Bakayoko for £40m so £60m for Lemar isn’t that inconsistent in today’s market. Let’s say we somehow got Sandro in January too, our team would actually look really good.

Morata Hazard; Sandro Lemar Bakayoko Kanté Moses; Rüdiger Christensen Azpi; Courtois. That’s an 11 that rivals City’s. 

3 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

We did sign Drinkwater and Bakayoko for £40m so £60m for Lemar isn’t that inconsistent in today’s market. 

Morata Hazard; Sandro Lemar Bakayoko Kanté Moses; Rüdiger Christensen Azpi; Courtois. That’s an 11 that rivals City’s. 

signing Drinkwater and Bakayoko for 40 million pounds was a mistake! so signing Lemar for 60 million pounds is not a fair decision, it's just another waste of money!

Morata Hazard; Sandro Lemar Bakayoko Kanté Moses; Rüdiger Christensen Azpi; Courtois. That ISN'T an 11 that rivals City’s. 

maybe with a upgrade on rudiger, bakayoko and lemar

Are these the same people that said Sane wasn't that good? Glad we didn't get him...

I've actually seen a bit of Lemar, and every time I have, I walked away impressed. I guess people expect us to buy Dybala, Mbappe, Asensio types. Let me know how that goes. 

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

Are these the same people that said Sane wasn't that good? Glad we didn't get him...

I've actually seen a bit of Lemar, and every time I have, I walked away impressed. I guess people expect us to buy Dybala, Mbappe, Asensio types. Let me know how that goes. 

Dybala, Mbappe, and Asensio were all once players that were yet to become who are they are now... Patience.

Wouldn't put Asensio in the same bracket as the first two.
  • Jase locked and unlocked this topic