Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Jan Oblak


Captain Ahmed
 Share
Followers 6

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this aged well, lololol   on the other hand       LOLOLOLOL yep I am pathetic NOT

Absolute nonsense. 1. Buying a keeper based on their ability to save penalties is absolute nonsense. 2. Jan Oblak has a better penalty save percentage than David de Gea, Manuel Neuer, Thibau

Hahaha you swine I never beat you to the news! 

This just seems like such a silly link for me. The equivalent of saying "Chelsea is interested in Neymar," or "Chelsea is interested in Mbappe."

Just an impossible transfer due to the money involved.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Pizy said:

This just seems like such a silly link for me. The equivalent of saying "Chelsea is interested in Neymar," or "Chelsea is interested in Mbappe."

Just an impossible transfer due to the money involved.

I said the same about Havertz when those noises started.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jandomi10 said:

Jamie Carragher tells Chelsea FC to sign 'game-changer' Jan Oblak this summer

Frank Lampard has made an excellent start at Chelsea - adding Jan Oblak could make them title contenders

Under Lampard, Chelsea have become one of the country's most exciting teams going forward, but at the back they are a mess

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/07/24/frank-lampard-has-made-excellent-start-chelsea-adding-jan/

Link to post
Share on other sites

#Chelsea could buy a new goalkeeper this summer. #Blues are not satisfied of #Kepa, who could leave and come-back in Spain. The first choice of #Lampard is Jan #Oblak. Talks opened with agent of #AtleticoMadrid’s GK. The #transfer is not simple, but M.Granovskaia in action. #CFC

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be an absolutely ridiculous transfer window if Marina were to land Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Oblak and possibly some defensive reinforcement too. :lol: 

Not that I believe for a second getting Oblak is even remotely realistic. That said, I didn't believe Werner and Havertz either when rumors of those first came out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jype said:

Would be an absolutely ridiculous transfer window if Marina were to land Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Oblak and possibly some defensive reinforcement too. :lol: 

Not that I believe for a second getting Oblak is even remotely realistic. That said, I didn't believe Werner and Havertz either when rumors of those first came out.

it is Monopoly money at this point if you add in Obak's fees + wages on a 5 year (let alone 7 year) contract

assuming between wages subsidised and the massive hit on the transfer fee, we are looking at a £60m + net loss on Kepa

then toss in the £205m or so (on a 5 year deal at his current salary) cost for Oblak (fees and salary)

that is well over a quarter of a billion quid (£265m or so) for 7 (2 years of Kepa, 5 of Oblak) years' net cost just for our starting GK

that alone is more than all but 29 clubs in the world entire rosters are worth on T-Markt, lolololol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vesper said:

it is Monopoly money at this point if you add in Obak's fees + wages on a 5 year (let alone 7 year) contract

assuming between wages subsidised and the massive hit on the transfer fee, we are looking at a £60m + net loss on Kepa

then toss in the £205m or so (on a 5 year deal at his current salary) cost for Oblak (fees and salary)

that is well over a quarter of a billion quid (£265m or so) for 7 (2 years of Kepa, 5 of Oblak) years' net cost just for our starting GK

that alone is more than all but 29 clubs in the world entire rosters are worth on T-Markt, lolololol

Yeah, Oblak isn't happening unless there is some way Atleti haven't been paying any attention to Kepa and we can pack him off to them as a swap then only pay a vastly reduced fee to top it up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vesper said:

it is Monopoly money at this point if you add in Obak's fees + wages on a 5 year (let alone 7 year) contract

assuming between wages subsidised and the massive hit on the transfer fee, we are looking at a £60m + net loss on Kepa

then toss in the £205m or so (on a 5 year deal at his current salary) cost for Oblak (fees and salary)

that is well over a quarter of a billion quid (£265m or so) for 7 (2 years of Kepa, 5 of Oblak) years' net cost just for our starting GK

that alone is more than all but 29 clubs in the world entire rosters are worth on T-Markt, lolololol

You say this, but if you look at it the other way. We sold Courtois for £35m and bought Kepa £71m, so let's say we bought Kepa for £36m. Bought Werner and Ziyech for the money we got for Hazard with £10-15m left over. Morata we sold. We are likely to sell Bakayoko, Barkley, Drinkwater, Batshuayi, and possibly a couple of defenders too. We have sold Boga, and maybe Jorginho gets sold as well. Willian and Pedro off the pay roll too. I have heard we could do a deal of Kepa & money for Oblak. Who knows. It is either that or we buy Onana and Tagliafico for around £50m, then spend the rest on a CB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, azorahai88 said:

We are likely to sell Bakayoko, Barkley, Drinkwater, Batshuayi

wish I had your positive crystal ball

 

and my maths are stand-alone and based on what happened and what could happen (and will happen IF we buy Oblak and sell Kepa), not some revisionist history

 

BTW, by NOT using smart contractual management (one of my biggest beefs with the board and Marina) with Cuntois (he said over and over he wanted to go back to Madrid) and selling him for at least £75m (Real would have dropped that at least in 2017) we shit away another £33m plus (we sold him for £31.50m, 35m euros, there were a bunch of shit sites who confused GBP with EUR)

2001e6328add4da1a2eb77341895abd7.png

d7d53e902e414227d4722a3fd8acd6ed.png

 

We then could have bought one of my top targets that summer Alisson (I was very much sold on him especially based off 2 of my best friends' reccos. They were living  (one still is, a Swedish/Brasilian girl, whom I went to  independent school with in Hammersmith, the other was her English BF, who broke up with her a while back and returned to London) in Porto Allegre when he was at Inter They were Gremio fans, but said he was the real deal, so I knew it was a good recco, as Rebecca especially HATES Inter (she grew up in Porto Allegre), I also was very impressed with him as the Roma backup in 2016-17. We could have bought him for peanuts compared to what he went for the next year.

All that doesn't even begin to count the difference of buying Alisson for £20-30m or so (easily done in 2017, as he was their backup keeper then and Roma was in deep shit financially) versus the insanity of the transfer fees alone for Kepa and Oblak

it was a massive, multiyear cockup

 

Alisson (who, in summer 2017 was 1 or 2 months or so away from turning 25yo, so not some teen noob)

14268f169628ddfb87991c9266086961.png<<<<<<<<

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/07/2020 at 11:52 PM, Jason said:

 

the difference between

1. us with another GK (but one better than what we have now) other than Oblak plus us WITH Havertz

versus

2. Oblak and NO Havertz, plus Havertz ending up at Manure or Liverpool or Shitty (EPL and CL threats) or Bayern or RM or Barca or PSG or Juve  or even Inter (CL threats)

is massive

No.1 is clearly the better position to be in, as a another good keeper and still having Havertz blocks our main competitors far more and improves us on balance far more

 

also, Oblak's wages are insane, so his total cost is probably £70+m over 5 years versus Havertz's total amortised cost when fees + wages are tallied up (plus Havertz  will end up on a direct or indirect rival)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Vesper said:

the difference between

1. us with another GK (but one better than what we have now) other than Oblak plus us WITH Havertz

versus

2. Oblak and NO Havertz, plus Havertz ending up at Manure or Liverpool or Shitty (EPL and CL threats) or Bayern or RM or Barca or PSG or Juve  or even Inter (CL threats)

is massive

No.1 is clearly the better position to be in, as a another good keeper and still having Havertz blocks our main competitors far more and improves us on balance far more

 

also, Oblak's wages are insane, so his total cost is probably £70+m over 5 years versus Havertz's total amortised cost when fees + wages are tallied up (plus Havertz  will end up on a direct or indirect rival)

I agree. Looking back, we should have signed a cheaper stop-gap keeper in 2018  instead of triggering Kepa's release clause

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Strike said:

I agree. Looking back, we should have signed a cheaper stop-gap keeper in 2018  instead of triggering Kepa's release clause

summer 2017 to winter 2018/19 was a disastrous 18 month, 4 window nightmare on almost ever level to do with transfers, sales, buys, botched buys, refused sales, and contractual management

shameful, damn near club wrecking if not for the fact Roman was there to bail us out (and also our youth came good or soon will)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

lol, half the sites say we are done chasing Oblak, the other half say he is the number one priority after we close out on Havertz

some are also saying we will drop £50m on POPE, who had 35 total league topflight games before this season, all from one season, 2 years ago (out of 9 seasons) 

85cb9b4c6ce8d4f2cdd96e598237cc4f.png

pile of tosh from every angle

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...