Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2
Followers 3

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Still think Christensen has been slightly overhyped. Only a friendly but he didnt wow me today.

If VVD comes, christensen goes the other way, bet my life on it

He's 21 years old never played in 5 at the back so he needs some time. Still, Andreas won every 1on1 situation against Ribery and Lewa today. I can't tell something like that about Azpi and Cahill if we're talking only about CB's. 

1 hour ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Still think Christensen has been slightly overhyped. Only a friendly but he didnt wow me today.

If VVD comes, christensen goes the other way, bet my life on it

Christensen is overhyped, but VVD isn't? Makes sense. :blink:

13 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

He's 21 years old never played in 5 at the back so he needs some time. Still, Andreas won every 1on1 situation against Ribery and Lewa today. I can't tell something like that about Azpi and Cahill if we're talking only about CB's. 

He actually played in 5 at the back for the biggest part of last season.

I can't see us getting him.  I just don't see the need.  Not that he isn't better than Cahill.  But, we have lots of cover at CB and virtually none at CM and WB.  If we are going to spend this kind of money it really should be to shore up those positions.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

Chelsea are preparing a £50m bid for Virgil Van Dijk. (@MattHughesTimes)

Chelsea are optimistic a deal can be agreed with Southampton for Van Dijk this week before the start of the new season. (@MattHughesTimes)

So tired of this window. Wish it ended August 10th

If this is at all still true and we land him - I give up trying to figure out the formation Conte plans on using. 

I don't rate Azpili as a wingback. He's so, so much more effective as a right side CB. But Van Dijk with Luiz and even Cahill next to him makes a formidable tandem. 

It's certainly a good problem to have so much depth in defense and is laying the groundwork for the future. I still believe Zouma will have a place next year too. 

£50m is a good price all things considered.

I really dont know what to think about this, i mean, VVD is amazing, but i want Christenses to succeed so bad that i would be devastated if he blocked Christensen's path to the first team, so because of that its a no from me, for purely emotional reasons.

OK this is an interesting comment that i found on a Southampton forum:

"A Saints team last week, u19's or could have been just an academy team, played Hamble 1sts. Virgil played. Virgil was very relaxed and laid back. Everyone wanted to talk to him and he chatted with everyone. He openly said he was going to Chelsea. Hamble won 5-4....."

50 minutes ago, lucashm said:

I really dont know what to think about this, i mean, VVD is amazing, but i want Christenses to succeed so bad that i would be devastated if he blocked Christensen's path to the first team, so because of that its a no from me, for purely emotional reasons.

Christensen should replace Luiz when Luiz declines. Christensen has been playing in the centre of a back three at BM. In my opinion we recalled him one season too early. This time next year, Luiz is going to be 31 and he will start showing signs of age. That's when he should be phased out and Christensen should be integrated.

Instead, if we buy VVD, we will keep Christensen on the bench for a season and sell him next year for £30m. He will then go on to be the next Hummels and will be bought buy a rival PL club for £70m.

OK this is an interesting comment that i found on a Southampton forum:

"A Saints team last week, u19's or could have been just an academy team, played Hamble 1sts. Virgil played. Virgil was very relaxed and laid back. Everyone wanted to talk to him and he chatted with everyone. He openly said he was going to Chelsea. Hamble won 5-4....."

A link would be nice.
  • Jase locked this topic
  • Jase unlocked this topic