Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2
Followers 3

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Van Dijk and Sandro are absolute quality players. If we pull those 2 off regardless of the price it will be a very good summer. I'd rather we pay a crazy amount for real quality than a reasonable amount for average players.

The tweets from Liverpool fans comforting themselves that he only wants Klopp so they dont need to worry about our bid, is hilarious.   I'll bet them 200k a week, playing for the champs and London lifestyle, that he'd join us

If Soton accept that offer, he will be the most expensive defender, right? The sum is HUGE, but Bonucci won't leave Juve for sure and our other target seems to be VD, also Soton don't want to sell their main CB again as they have problems on that position after they sold Fonte, that is the reason why they won't sell cheap.

1 minute ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Is this guy worth the doe? Seriously never watched him and don't recall him against us. 

I'd love to have him here. Every time I saw Soton he impressed me, very classy and composed defender. Would be excellent to have him playing it out from the back. Money has just gone mental though, I don't think the vast majority of big signings are worth the money eventually paid but its just the way footballs going.

VVD, Bakayoko, Alex Sandro, and Lukaku. That would be one hell of a summer. Cherry on top of the cake if we signed anyone else.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

VVD, Bakayoko, Alex Sandro, and Lukaku. That would be one hell of a summer. Cherry on top of the cake if we signed anyone else.

I would be very happy with VVD, Bakayoko and Sandro. Buying Lukaku back I can't get behind at all though.

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I'll be very happy with that. Remember when we were all complaining about the slow trio of MATIC-ALONSO-CAHILL on one side? Seems like Conte noticed it too and is trying to improve all 3 players there. Hazard will have better players on his side after years if we pull all these transfers off.

45 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

I'll be very happy with that. Remember when we were all complaining about the slow trio of MATIC-ALONSO-CAHILL on one side? Seems like Conte noticed it too and is trying to improve all 3 players there. Hazard will have better players on his side after years if we pull all these transfers off.

100%. 

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Please be nonsense. Where is the value nowadays?!

The market was forever changed when United made it okay to pay whatever it takes for Pogba. Now big clubs know it's okay. People have to accept this reality. Even fucking Liverpool and Everton are spending huge now.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The market was forever changed when United made it okay to pay whatever it takes for Pogba. Now big clubs know it's okay. People have to accept this reality. Even fucking Liverpool and Everton are spending huge now.

They went for one of the most sort after players in Europe. Paying big bucks for Sandro is one thing, but when on earth did VVD fall under that bracket?

In addition, Everton are spending Lukaku's incoming payment early and Liverpool spent around £70m combined for Mane & Salah (not crazy IMO).

15 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

They went for one of the most sort after players in Europe. Paying big bucks for Sandro is one thing, but when on earth did VVD fall under that bracket?

In addition, Everton are spending Lukaku's incoming payment early and Liverpool spent around £70m combined for Mane & Salah (not crazy IMO).

John Stones just went for £50m and he isn't nearly as good as a healthy VVD who's only a bit older. Not only is VVD super comfortable and elegant on the ball, but he's also dominant physically. He's got world class potential.

I'd much prefer us spending crazy money for a sure thing like VVD than around the same for Koulibaly who would be a massive risk. What's 60-70m if he gives us 8-10 years of to class service? He's a can't miss target for me.

Hope he doesn't go to a rival if a move here doesn't work out because he's a beast.

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

John Stones just went for £50m and he isn't nearly as good as a healthy VVD who's only a bit older. Not only is VVD super comfortable and elegant on the ball, but he's also dominant physically. He's got world class potential.

I'd much prefer us spending crazy money for a sure thing like VVD than around the same for Koulibaly who would be a massive risk. What's 60-70m if he gives us 8-10 years of to class service? He's a can't miss target for me.

Hope he doesn't go to a rival if a move here doesn't work out because he's a beast.

We all know why Stones, Sterling cost as much as they did. I seriously don't believe he's improved massively from his Celtic days to justify such a fee and he isn't HG.

I'd much prefer us to spend half of that on someone like Laporte. Technically superior, younger and has more potential. We don't have to give in to such demands when we aren't desperate.

No clubs outside of England will even look twice at VVD for that price. 

• Jas locked this topic
  • Jas unlocked this topic