Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

7 hours ago, manpe said:

Heard he's hit the woodwork 5 times this season. With a bit more luck he'd have 6 goals by now, but nonetheless nearly doesn't count, and if they don't go in he becomes a burden to the team.

Even if they go in he’s still not good enough, but them not going in just exemplifies that he performs like this all the time, and him having a ‘good game’ is when he happens to pop up with an assist or goal.

3 hours ago, Strike said:

Agreed. New full backs with Azpi and Alonso for cover sounds great

Azpi will probably have to rotate at CB (with Ampadu and AC, if AC stays) if we don't buy a new one in January and the bans come, as Luiz is going to leave on a free in the summer.

12 minutes ago, ja1 said:

Even if they go in he’s still not good enough, but them not going in just exemplifies that he performs like this all the time, and him having a ‘good game’ is when he happens to pop up with an assist or goal.

Yep, he is not remotely good enough.

The board looks moronic (there is a shock! NOT) for renewing him and Sarri looks a fool for saying he is close to being the best LB in Europe!!

• 2 weeks later...

'WHY BAYERN?'

Callum Hudson-Odoi will not find a bigger club to play for than Chelsea, according to team-mate Marcos Alonso.

"He is a good player, but he is very young," Alonso said. "He needs to have patience and to be hungry and fight for a place in this team.

"That is all he needs to do, he has all the conditions to be a great player, now it is up to him to fight for a place here or try to find more minutes somewhere else.

"Bayern Munich? We are Chelsea, another great team, the Premier League is the most competitive league in the world, I don't know why someone would go to Bayern Munich."

Mmm 2 points Alonso...1 Very well said=We are Chelsea blab blah blah  I don't know why someone would go to Bayern Munich. 2 We are Chelsea , so Alonso start playing like you deserve to wear the great team shirt ...simples, his displays nearly every game lately have been i will say mildly lol embarrassing! Feels nearly like we are playing with 10 men every time i see him on the pitch ,he has been such a handicap going forward and cough cough (grow a set of ballsfc)defending !

20 minutes ago, mccg said:

Predicted XI: Marcos Alonso to be finally dropped by Sarri

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2019/01/predicted-xi-marcos-alonso-finally-dropped-sarri/

Hell yeah if this happens!

Image result for can i get a hell yeah gif

Unfortunately Sarri never rotates his lineup unless the player threatens him with a transfer move. So Alonso stays put

4 minutes ago, communicate said:

He need to run harder, yes he is slow but he need to run harder. 

And no, we cannot play Emerson. We play with only 3 tall players with Hazard as striker. Even barca play with 3 tall player playing in less physical league. 

Liverpool and City have no issues with having a relatively small starting XI. For Liverpool only their CBs + Fabinho if he starts are aerial threats. For City it is literally just their CBs as aerial threats. I don’t think we lose that much defensively if we lose Alonso, Emerson has actually been quite strong positionally for aerial balls in an admittedly small sample size. 

For attacking set pieces Alonso is one of our players with a clear role in our routines, but hey, Emerson also brings many things to the team Alonso doesn’t in other areas.

4 hours ago, ja1 said:

Liverpool and City have no issues with having a relatively small starting XI. For Liverpool only their CBs + Fabinho if he starts are aerial threats. For City it is literally just their CBs as aerial threats. I don’t think we lose that much defensively if we lose Alonso, Emerson has actually been quite strong positionally for aerial balls in an admittedly small sample size. 

For attacking set pieces Alonso is one of our players with a clear role in our routines, but hey, Emerson also brings many things to the team Alonso doesn’t in other areas.

It is a double edged sword. We completely dominated the air when playing City and won every header in their area. But City rarely concede set pieces and always prevent crosses, so it is really the queston if you can afford to play so many short players who of course tend to be better on the ball or more agile.

That being said i am 100% sure that height is not the reasonw hy Emerson is not selected. I think, even if we had Barkley/RLC and Morata/Giroud playing we would also have Alonso starting like vs Fulham or Wolves. He picks Alonso because he thinks he is a better player than Emerson, which again shows how deluded Sarri is. 

50 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

To be fair, the bloke looks fucking knackered. A rest surely wouldn't hurt him. 

Sarri' didn't learn from his Napoli days. Dude just doesn't rotate and his to blame for most of the fatigue that's crept into the squad of late.

On 1/12/2019 at 5:03 PM, Magic Lamps said:

He picks Alonso because he thinks he is a better player than Emerson, which again shows how deluded Sarri is. 

Good post until this bit. 

One can either think Conte, sarri, and most coaches employed by Chelsea are deluded, or that there is a minority here on this site who are completely deluded - not my choice of words.

another puzzlement is how do these folks, who just “know” (literal meaning of being deluded) that Emerson is so much better when we hardly seen him play?! And especially we hardly seen him play against stronger opposition - Alonso always plays against them.

asking for more minutes for Emerson is great and makes sense. But calling a manager deluded because of his starting choices is just bizarre.