Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

53 minutes ago, Jason said:

When are we going to get a manager who isn't blind to our OBVIOUS weak spots in the team?!

Honestly, I'll take a manager who can offer me that right now over anything. How this fraud keeps getting picked I don't understand....

Let's not be full hypocrites guys, he was tremendous to start the season. He is still one of the biggest donkeys at the club but I still reserve most my vitriol for Willian and Morata.

Alonso's problem is that to me, he looks knackered. Very tired. He's played way too many mins this season for the energy sapping role he plays + he's also got called up by Spain as well.

Sarri must think Emerson is a really poor player to not even give him a look in when Alonso looks half dead. This same half dead Alonso will know doubt be trotted out to start against City again on Saturday.

20 minutes ago, Mana said:

I'm not being a hypocrite. I haven't said Alonso was an awesome player since his goal against Spuds early last season. The reason why he was getting passes because he was scoring. Now that has dried up, he's almost nothing.

Knackered? He's always been slow and limited! Maybe him being tired made him even worse.

Emerson's performances for us shows otherwise he isn't a poor player though. I'm not going to believe Sarri anymore the moment he said CHO is not ready, while youths from other top teams are playing. How can CHO be ready if you never even put him on bench FFS. Back to Emerson, he has something Alonso doesn't have - good potential.

Fair enough, I'll give you that Alonso's not worse than Morata and Willian. When he signed the new deal, I did mention out of all the donkeys we had to choose one to stay, I said Alonso. Bu that's not saying much.

If Sarri wants that top 4, he better stop starting Alonso unfortunately.

Yep

Alonso

Luiz

Willian

Morata

ALL need to go go go go go

wretched players stealing a living

Alonso's modus operandi: Get burnt by pace, fail to recover, hack the legs from behind with no intent on the ball and concede a foul.  Several times. This shit infuriated me yesterday, so fucking slow. You could see he himself was frustrated... Sarri, do him and the whole team a favour and let him sit out some games.

42 minutes ago, manpe said:

Alonso's modus operandi: Get burnt by pace, fail to recover, hack the legs from behind with no intent on the ball and concede a foul.  Several times. This shit infuriated me yesterday, so fucking slow. You could see he himself was frustrated... Sarri, do him and the whole team a favour and let him sit out some games.

dont forget what Sarri said, Alonso can be one of the best full backs in the world, go figure. The guy is smoking too many tainted fags it seems.

25 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

dont forget what Sarri said, Alonso can be one of the best full backs in the world, go figure. The guy is smoking too many tainted fags it seems.

It's akin to our ex-prime minister saying before elections that he'd take us to top 5 richest countries in Europe :lol: It's still a meme here.

I am still a bit bemused by how overrated he is/was. I’ve talked about this before but come on the amount of times he’s described as great going forward, technically brilliant, best LB in the PL/even Europe or perhaps the most cringey, when he’s compared to Marcelo. Or people claim ‘is there anyone out there even better than this guy, what’s the point in trying to improve/spend £60m on Sandro.

Very little has changed about him in 2.5 years. He’s still slow, can’t cross, can’t dribble, iffy defensively. It’s not a sudden thing that’s just happened. His ‘good’ games he’s still generally average in overall performance but he’ll happen to have one of his pot shots go in, or score a free kick. I’m not exaggerating here that I don’t think I’ve ever seen a 8/10 PERFORMANCE from him. Maybe Spurs last year though I’ll be honest I didn’t see that match, I’ve only seen highlights.

If you go back close enough to this time last year, maybe a bit earlier, I’d had enough of this guy. I, then, and still do now, thought and commented that this guy is one of the most overrated players in recent Chelsea history. Lot of backlash over that. Genuinely baffling.

there are some things he’s good at. He’s tall. He does have good shooting technique. He can sometimes be a danger in the box. At his best he is a ‘poacher’ because while I never see any top, dynamic performance from him as a LB there can be games he is a threat in the box at key moments. But what’s wrong with calling a duck a duck. Alonso because he takes a few shots at goal suddenly became a great player going forward and one of the best LBs in Europe, for a while.

2 hours ago, manpe said:

And attacking wise - fail to deliver a quality cross to the box. Either hit the first man or mishit it completely.

15 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

And attacking wise - fail to deliver a quality cross to the box. Either hit the first man or mishit it completely.

And never take on opponents 1-on-1 because he doesn't have the pace to swoosh past them and whip in a sharp cross from the byline (Emerson frequently attempts to do that). It is one of the most dangerous moves a team can do, difficult to defend against. Arsenal did it against us and we were lucky not to concede more. Rashford did it yesterday against Arsenal and Martial got a scrappy goal because it is difficult to defend against. City do it all the time. With Alonso it's either a pass back to whoever is closest, or a bad high cross when the opposing FB hasn't closed him down quickly enough. Azpi also doesn't have this burst of pace in his arsenal to go past players and put in dangerous crosses. This seriously handicaps our attack on both sides, like yesterday, when we kept passing from one side to the other without any penetration. The moment Azpi or Alonso got the ball, you knew it was going back to the middle, from where it was going back to the wing and back to the middle and so on...

10 hours ago, Mana said:

I'm not being a hypocrite. I haven't said Alonso was an awesome player since his goal against Spuds early last season. The reason why he was getting passes because he was scoring. Now that has dried up, he's almost nothing.

Knackered? He's always been slow and limited! Maybe him being tired made him even worse.

Emerson's performances for us shows otherwise he isn't a poor player though. I'm not going to believe Sarri anymore the moment he said CHO is not ready, while youths from other top teams are playing. How can CHO be ready if you never even put him on bench FFS. Back to Emerson, he has something Alonso doesn't have - good potential.

Fair enough, I'll give you that Alonso's not worse than Morata and Willian. When he signed the new deal, I did mention out of all the donkeys we had to choose one to stay, I said Alonso. Bu that's not saying much.

If Sarri wants that top 4, he better stop starting Alonso unfortunately.

I don't think Alonso is anything better than Willian. For what it's worth - Pedro is sure better than Alonso, meaning upgrading LB is more important. Also, Willian on the LW is sure better than Alonso... 

1 hour ago, El P. said:

His value on transfermarkt is 41 million pounds. Conte has fooled the whole world. If we were smart, we would sell this useless player.

It's crazy to think that we could have gotten 100 millions for him and Willian combined.

Around £115m. We turned down £65m for Willian and I believe fully we could have gotten around £45-50m for Alonso. Madness we didn't dump them and Luiz (turned down £30m for PSG). That's £145m total.

Malcom went for only £37m to Barca, after we told them to piss off on Willian. CB Thilo Kehrer (who is also a really good RB) went for only £33m to PSG after we told them no on Luiz.

Thats only £70m for two very young, talented upgrades. That leaves £75m  to go after Lucas Hernandez who is a WC LB AND can also play CB to a high level. Even if he cost £85m to prise him away from AM, that whole deal would have massively improved the team, dramatically made us younger, far more athletic, and improved depth as 2 of those players can play all 4 back four positions. All for zero net cost or only £10m.

Fuck the board. With a rusty shovel.

5 hours ago, manpe said:

He is being targeted by every team because of his weakness. They block the middle and leave space for Alonso to receive the ball, once Alonso gets it in the opponents half, he is swarmed and then Alonso loses it or passes backwards to Luiz. He cant beat anyone 1 on 1 or have the pace to get into a dangerous position before opponents close him down, and most especially he has no recovery pace so this tactics is as easy as pie to implement. 

I would have overlooked all these weaknesses if he at least was putting in dangerous crosses for our strikers to shoot, but he cant even do that too?? I've had enough.

Sarri says he doesn't think Marcos Alonso is tired having only played league games this season. He says the left-back was better in the first half at Wolves but had difficulties in the second half. He will make a decision on selection after training today. #CHEMCI