Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

5 minutes ago, manpe said:

How could you tell it was pills not weed or powder or some nasty intravenous shit? :carlo: Tho tbh I'm under one now, but yesterday I took 4.5 and it fucked my mind up badly. Never again. I had my birthday yesterday and when a few people came to congratulate me I couldn't even crack a smile or say anything beyond a tranquil "thank you". Feel like a douche. They brought me food and a box of raffellos (my favs, other than ferrero rocher maybe), so fucking sweet :blush:

Marcos has nothing on Fernando Alonso as far as Alonsos go. But he does have a premier league title so Fernando can stick to playing with cars.

I guessed pills, as you said trip, and dont know many who do straight LSD anymore, lolol.

13 hours ago, Vesper said:

Some points.

Telles (75m euro release clause on new contract) and Jose Gaya (100m euro release clause in new contract) are now off the table.

The only 4 actually available top class LB's at the moment are

1. Ryan Sessegnon (but Fulham want around £80m) Would love him, but cannot see the board dropping that type of money, plus he really wants to be a winger or AMF.

2. Junior Firpo of Real Betis who I think we need to beat Shitty to. He has rocketed up the charts and is the real deal. Big (1.84m) super pacey (Kyle Walker level fast) great tackler and passer. 54m euro release clause and unlike Porto and Valencia, Betis will negotiate and need cash.

3. Alejandro Grimaldo - Benfica 2nd best affordable option but has so many clubs sniffing around.

4. Wendell - Bayer Leverkusen (issue there is we need Bailey and perhaps Tah, plus I would love to eventually pull AMF Kai Havertz, so Bayer will not let all go in a window or a window and a half). They are struggling atm and will perhaps miss out on Europe,  which aids us greatly.

Firpo would be PERFECT. Far better in long run than Alonso. 

As for Emerson, it is not just Sarri not rating him. At this point it is looking like he is still damaged goods from his knee injury at Roma. If he was at pre injury Roma level now, I have no doubt he would starting, or at least playing a lot more.

At that old level the only LB's I would rate over him (in terms of actually buying as Marcelo, Jordi Alba are too old) would be (and remember, many of these are NOT available):

In order:

David Alaba

Lucas Hernandez

Alex Sandro (after this next summer, and maybe even now, too old to justify £70m that Juve want) 

Benjamin Mendy

Jose Gaya

Ryan Sessegnon 

Junior Firpo (he could move above even some here)

Emerson (pre injury)

Alex Telles

If Emerson turns out to be Zouma'd we need to cut him loose. If not, then we still need to move on Firpo. Better player at end if the day. Emerson if recovers finally is worth keeping for rotation/back up.

Alonso needs to go asap, he is not a Sarriball LB, he is a defensive liability and Real want him badly and would pay basically what Firpo would cost.

Image result for junior firpo

Give Emerson a run of games he is far better than all those names above bar Telles and Alaba... 

On 9/24/2018 at 7:18 PM, Robguima said:
but but if you have to take his goals away for him to become average like you say, wouldn’t it make him distinctly not average with the goals? [emoji4]
Regardless I certainly see a hell lot more than “just” important goals from him. I bet Spain sees that too... [emoji6] 

Ok, he is average plus a goal here and there. So he is slightly above average... SCORE mate, I am defeated! :D
Problem in system is Azpi too. Azpi is not good at creating width, is not fast too, he cannot beat his man. We cannot have two fullbacks like that, one must be good at that.

48 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

Give Emerson a run of games he is far better than all those names above bar Telles and Alaba... 

Ridiculous, and Telles is the lowest on the list other than Wendell and probably Grimaldo. Glad you are not making scouting evals for the already fucked up board we have.

Go to any top 50 club in world

offer them

any one of the following

Lucas Hernandez

Alex Sandro 

Benjamin Mendy

Jose Gaya

Ryan Sessegnon

and a CURRENT, post injury form OR even a pre injury form Emerson

I guarantee none of the 50 choose Emerson

Go try and buy any of those for less than £60-70m, now, it wont happen. Alex Sandro next summer maybe you could get for £60m or so, due to his age then. We had £75m turned down by Juve 14 months ago.

If we sold Emerson right now, we would be lucky to get back the entire £29m we potentially spent (£20m pure trans fee plus £9m in add-ons and possible bonuses)

Also, you never addressed the injury concern, which sure are starting to look real.

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

Ridiculous, and Telles is the lowest on the list other than Wendell and probably Grimaldo. Glad you are not making scouting evals for the already fucked up board we have.

Go to any top 50 club in world

offer them

any one of the following

Lucas Hernandez

Alex Sandro 

Benjamin Mendy

Jose Gaya

Ryan Sessegnon

and a CURRENT, post injury form OR even a pre injury form Emerson

I guarantee none of the 50 choose Emerson

Go try and buy any of those for less than £60-70m, now, it wont happen. Alex Sandro next summer maybe you could get for £60m or so, due to his age then. We had £75m turned down by Juve 14 months ago.

If we sold Emerson right now, we would be lucky to get back the entire £29m we potentially spent (£20m pure trans fee plus £9m in add-ons and possible bonuses)

Also, you never addressed the injury concern, which sure are starting to look real.

most of those listed players are playing mid to low level teams where there is probably no much pressure on them...its quite ridiculous you are placing Emerson on market after almost none appearance he made for the club...there is a reason Juventus wanted him but you are the only one that felt no top team wanted him...football is not a fantasy game whereby u just conjure names and feel because of their potential they will click or fit in the club...until Emerson is given a run of  games and fails woefully then we can discuss about any potential or quality left full back in market..

4 hours ago, eemanyooel said:

most of those listed players are playing mid to low level teams where there is probably no much pressure on them...its quite ridiculous you are placing Emerson on market after almost none appearance he made for the club...there is a reason Juventus wanted him but you are the only one that felt no top team wanted him...football is not a fantasy game whereby u just conjure names and feel because of their potential they will click or fit in the club...until Emerson is given a run of  games and fails woefully then we can discuss about any potential or quality left full back in market..

LOL at low level teams

Atletico Madrid

Juventus

Manchester City

Valencia ( in  Champions League, finished only 3 points behind Real Madrid.

Potential???? LOLOL They are starters on multiple CL finalists, crazy amount of league titles, TWO WC winners, all time English season points, margin goal scoring team, etc

You are so far out of your depth, and your attempts to insult me make you look foolish.

You still have not once addressed the injury issue

conjure names?

You really do not know football at all apparently, lol

I do valuation calculations on hundreds of millions, even billions of pounds/euros/USD, etc of M & A deals for a living

figuring out footie players at world class level, with very few numerically to plug into calculations is child's play compared to that

also, if you bothered to bloody read, I said to sell him ONLY if he is found out to be perma damaged

I rate him 8th best under 29yo LB in the world, IF healthy 

Juve look at him as a squad player, they have and had the 2nd best, or 3rd best LB in the world in Alex Sandro, a player we went as high as 75m on and were turned down, we failed to grab him 3 straight windows.much to the damage of those windows, and our team overall

Only reason Roma sold Emerson when they did is because they rolled the dice that he was probably damaged goods, and he was the safest bet to help avoid FFP sanctions

I have seen nothing to dispel this

quit whilst you are behind

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

LOL at low level teams

Atletico Madrid

Juventus

Manchester City

Valencia ( in  Champions League, finished only 3 points behind Real Madrid.

Potential???? LOLOL They are starters on multiple CL finalists, crazy amount of league titles, TWO WC winners, all time English season points, margin goal scoring team, etc

You are so far out of your depth, and your attempts to insult me make you look foolish.

You still have not once addressed the injury issue

conjure names?

You really do not know football at all apparently, lol

I do valuation calculations on hundreds of millions, even billions of pounds/euros/quid of M & A deals for a living

figuring out footie players at world class level, with very few numerically to plug into calculations is child's play compared to that

also, if you bothered to bloody read, I said to sell him ONLY if he is found out to be perma damaged

Juve look at him as a squad player, they have and had the 2nd best, or 3rd best LB in the world in Alex Sandro, a player we went as high as 75m on and were turned down, we failed to grab him 3 straight windows.much to the damage of those windows, and our team overall

Only reason Roma sold Emerson when they did is because they rolled the dice that he was probably damaged goods, and he was the safest bet to help avoid FFP sanctions

I have seen nothing to dispel this

quit whilst you are behind

so because we aint on same page regarding those names u listed makes me look foolish...thats quite great...if u check the beginning of my conversation I said while those names are great and possess potential quality doesnt mean we should go there and spend out and spend fucking insane amount on them when our team is crying out for clinical striker and quality winger...and if and when Emerson is given run of games and he fails woefully then we can go out there and spend on left full back...

Once again all you did is to display  how vast your knowledge of football players is...I guess the club should employ you as the recruitment manager even calling Emerson a damaged good...Lol...I am done with this discussion cos you cant keep a healthy and logical discussion..

1 minute ago, eemanyooel said:

so because we aint on same page regarding those names u listed makes me look foolish...thats quite great...if u check the beginning of my conversation I said while those names are great and possess potential quality doesnt mean we should go there and spend out and spend fucking insane amount on them when our team is crying out for clinical striker and quality winger...and if and when Emerson is given run of games and he fails woefully then we can go out there and spend on left full back...

Once again all you did is to display  how vast your knowledge of football players is...I guess the club should employ you as the recruitment manager even calling Emerson a damaged good...Lol...I am done with this discussion cos you cant keep a healthy and logical discussion..

i said IF, never said he was for sure, but something surely is holding him back, and he has never shown his pre injury Roma form since we bought him

Sarri must have some legitreason for his judgement of not playing him much, Sarri is not a fool, he knows he is running Alonso into the ground

I want to know what is really up, WHY he is doing this

I want Emerson to start, IF he is healthy

I have stated this dozens of times

It certainly would NOT be a lack of talent only as to why he is being ghosted, as a healthy Emerson is, IMHO a better LB (especially for Sarriball) than Marcos is

I rated him 8th best under 29yo LB (soon under 30yo,when Alba hits that age in a few months) in the world, IF healthy, that's HARDLY devaluing him or slagging him out

I extensively have documented for months the FOUR key positions we are in trouble with

RW

CF

LB

CB (IF we have to rely upon Luiz to be one of the 2 mainstays and IF Sarri continues to refuse to play AC and Ampadu,which leaves washed up Cahill as the 3rd option,or even a starter IF ,as he IS now, Rudiger is injured)

to that you can potentially add RB (if Azpi basically fails to produce any sort of acceptable level of offensive thrust to aid an already weak (and preyed upon) right side

and,future-forward thinking you MIGHT be able to add 2 of the 3 MF slots, IF we lose Kovacic back to RM, and if Kante simply cannot adapt to his new role in Sarriball (I have now twice posted a great article on this, here it is  again   https://theprideoflondon.com/2018/09/24/chelsea-sarrismo-ngolo-kante-midfield/  ) he cannot go back to his old pure DMF destroyer role,as it tears apart and deconstructs the entire system) and IF Barkley tailspins and/or gets injured (which is somewhat probable given his past track record in terms of health)

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

i said IF, never said he was for sure, but something surely is holding him back, and he has never shown his pre injury Roma form since we bought him

Sarri must have some legitreason for his judgement of not playing him much, Sarri is not a fool, he knows he is running Alonso into the ground

I want to know what is really up, WHY he is doing this

I want Emerson to start, IF he is healthy

I have stated this dozens of times

It certainly would NOT be a lack of talent only as to why he is being ghosted, as a healthy Emerson is, IMHO a better LB (especially for Sarriball) than Marcos is

I rated him 8th best under 29yo LB (soon under 30yo,when Alba hits that age in a few months) in the world, IF healthy, that's HARDLY devaluing him or slagging him out

I extensively have documented for months the FOUR key positions we are in trouble with

RW

CF

LB

CB (IF we have to rely upon Luiz to be one of the 2 mainstays and IF Sarri continues to refuse to play AC and Ampadu,which leaves washed up Cahill as the 3rd option,or even a starter IF ,as he IS now, Rudiger is injured)

to that you can potentially add RB (if Azpi basically fails to produce any sort of acceptable level of offensive thrust to aid an already weak (and preyed upon) right side

and,future-forward thinking you MIGHT be able to add 2 of the 3 MF slots, IF we lose Kovacic back to RM, and if Kante simply cannot adapt to his new role in Sarriball (I have now twice posted a great article on this, here it is  again   https://theprideoflondon.com/2018/09/24/chelsea-sarrismo-ngolo-kante-midfield/  ) he cannot go back to his old pure DMF destroyer role,as it tears apart and deconstructs the entire system) and IF Barkley tailspins and/or gets injured (which is somewhat probable given his past track record in terms of health)

alright lets agree...just feel like atleast Sarri should give ability to showcase the quality he brings to the team cos alonso is not the way forward and if he fails then fair play...

13 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

alright lets agree...just feel like atleast Sarri should give ability to showcase the quality he brings to the team cos alonso is not the way forward and if he fails then fair play...

I agree with this, and I do feel (I think you will also agree) we are owed an explanation of what is going on. It's baffling and worrisome. Need one in regards to AC, Ampadu,  and CHO as well. If he refuses to play them, we run huge risk of losing AC and CHO (who is refusing to renew contract so far).

AC can walk into all but 11 teams in world football and be pretty much a fulltime starter, and even on most of those 11 get more playing time than he is now.

If Sarri starts Cahill over Amps or AC tomorrow (I am pretty sure Luiz will start, with Rudiger out injured), I am going to go mental.

• 2 weeks later...

Marcos Alonso reveals he will sign contract extension 'in the coming days' as he compares Maurizio Sarri's style to Luis Enrique

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6259997/Chelsea-defender-Marcos-Alonso-reveals-sign-contract-extension-coming-days.html

• 2 weeks later...

Terrible game by him...Made poor passes...Dribbling to no where...Constantly caught up field..

Pissed me off so much with that dropping to ground and still not getting up..If the ref continues the play you get up and defend...not to drop to ground especially in the middle of the box

Cannot rely on him...Need to look for another leftback

no width whatsoever, cant make overlaping runs and crosses like a proper fullback, it showed today his weaknesses, i wish a prime Ashley Cole type of player was playing for us, now that is a world class fullback.