Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

Can't remember much of his time in England but those highlight reels make him look very technical, great Seems to be an accurate crosser, decent aerial threat, quick and like most tall lanky guys stronger than he looks.I like his first touch and that swagger about him when he moves. Tho YouTube videos are absolutely useless to assess the defensive ability of a player, but hey if it is Ivanovic he is replacing effectively he can only be an upgrade. He even has the same height the which dismantles the only argument Mou defended Iva's selection  continued with.

He was one of the best LBs in Serie A but I've never seen him play ... there is not much quality LB players on the market apart from him, Hector and Rodriguez (worst defender out of those 3). I don't know why are we not pushing for German international ... really good player with even higher potential.

I will repeat it again. He's the best option out of Rodriguez and Hector. Rodriguez is so bad defensively it's a joke. He is very slow too. He scores a free kick now and then and people are blinded by this. Great crosser of the ball tho. But we can't afford to have defensively bad fullback on the left side where Hazard plays. Hector is just average, Alonso is great option.

Marcos Alonso could be returning to England. Conte wants to acquire the Spanish LB. Negotiations continue. (via @DavidAmoyal / @DiMarzio)

Chelsea have submitted a €20m bid plus bonus and have on the table a 5 year contract for Marcos Alonso. #FIorentina requests €25m (GdS) #CFC

3 hours ago, Bir_CFC said:

My Fiorentina supporting friend about Marcos Alonso (I'd trust him over anyone else in this thread):

He's decent, but not really Chelsea starter material if you ask me. He's definitely worse than Azpi. Athletically he's very good, tall, strong, fast. He is indeed a presence in the flank. But he looks lost defensively and lacks initiative offensively. 10M would be a fair price.

If he is good at anything that is certainly defending,he is strong,his positioning is great much better than Azpilicueta's,and + his he is good in the air,really tall and we would get much better defending set piceses.In attack he is also really good his crossing is good and links up great and many Serie A experts are that he is one of the best Serie A left backs.

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Waste of money me thinks. 

If this is not the manager first choice why buy? 

He will not like it and the player ends up eating bench. 

Stupid to waste money on such things. 

Because he's probably better than Ivanovic and Baba

5 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Waste of money me thinks. 

If this is not the manager first choice why buy? 

He will not like it and the player ends up eating bench. 

Stupid to waste money on such things. 

Good that you talked to Conte about his Left Back Targets

2 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

Because he's probably better than Ivanovic and Baba

I doubt that. If the managers doesn't like the player he won't play. 

Look at what happen with Felipe. This is why it's better to just get the target of the manager or get nothing. It's a waste to the player and club getting unnecessary buys. 

2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I doubt that. If the managers doesn't like the player he won't play. 

Look at what happen with Felipe. This is why it's better to just get the target of the manager or get nothing. It's a waste to the player and club getting unnecessary buys. 

Have you seen him play? I haven't, but it's not too hard to look better than Ivanovic or Baba.

Conte seems a little more flexible with players than Mourinho. Mourinho had his favorite, who were the best defense in the league, and unless they weren't able to play, he picked them. Conte seems like he will adapt to what's needed.

Not to mention that first choices aren't always going to work out. There's been enough examples of that this window alone. It's better to find other suitable players that the club can get than just saying "screw it" when they don't get their first choice.