Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

3 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

I actually think he is pretty poor at shooting. Obviously scored two goals and had nice volley yesterday, but he's been very poor at shooting this season.

Agreed. Obviously delighted he's got those goals, but he's still quite bad a shooting :lol: 

6 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Agreed. Obviously delighted he's got those goals, but he's still quite bad a shooting :lol: 

um no? he hardly shoots. Remember his stunning free kick 3 weeks ago or so that hit the crossbar?

On 2017. 01. 15. at 0:01 AM, volfan89 said:

Fiorentina doesn't play in the premier league...

So? Serie A is not an U15 girl league either. Yes, used to be the Premier League was a very tough league, but now every league is full with short, creative players, every PL-team is filled with South-Americans..

16 hours ago, Kieran. said:

um no? he hardly shoots. Remember his stunning free kick 3 weeks ago or so that hit the crossbar?

I recall a fair few times he's been in good positions but poorly shot. Can't recall right now cos I'm quite stoned but when I do, I'll come back to this :lol: 

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Did you basically just say Marcelo is solid defensively? :blink:

how many years have it been since you last watched Marcelo play consistently.... if you ever did, that is.

He has improved immensely his defensive abilities and he has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of about it nowadays.

So yeah, he IS solid defensively. Might not be an Azpili, but definitely solid enough.

12 hours ago, Barbara said:

how many years have it been since you last watched Marcelo play consistently.... if you ever did, that is.

He has improved immensely his defensive abilities and he has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of about it nowadays.

So yeah, he IS solid defensively. Might not be an Azpili, but definitely solid enough.

If you say so, Barbara.

Back to normal I guess. Lucky to not get a pen awarded against him. The thing about him is that he is neither particularly good on the ball in tight spaces because of his lack of pace and mobility and not a reliable tackler or marker either. Also for his height he is rather weak aerially and physically. What, however, he does bring to the table is his relentless running taking up positions everywhere on the left side of the pitch. That offers Conte a lot of tactical options. Also this wears out his marker so the opposition will have problems. double teaming Hazard. Apart from the simple passes and the occasional crosses and goals he offers nothing on the ball but so much when the ball is nowhere near him. Curious player.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, the wes said:

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/alonso-explains-why-he-snubbed-barcelona-to-join-chelsea

According to alonso himself he turned down a Barcelona move for chelsea move 

That's not quite what the quotes say. He never says he turned Barca down. He never even says there was an offer from them. Only "conversations".

This doesn't mean he didn't turn them down. It just means he hasn't said it. If he did say no to the Spanish giants, I reckon playing time probably had something to do with it. What do you think?

42 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I reckon playing time probably had something to do with it. What do you think?

I think your right mate his playing time would have been slim at Barcelona 

Well just maybe these conversations might be growing shortly with big bollox Barca coming steaming in after not 1, not 2 but 3 of our lads!

Nou Ideas

Chelsea transfer news: Cesar Azpilicueta, Nemanja Matic and Marcos Alonso scouted by Barcelona director of football Robert Fernandez

Nou Camp chief watches trio in win over West Ham

It’s claimed the Spanish giants are interested in bringing Cesar Azpilicueta, Marcos Alonso and Nemanja Matic to the Nou Camp

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3043686/chelsea-transfer-news-cesar-azpilicueta-nemanja-matic-marcos-alonso-barcelona/

On 10/03/2017 at 0:52 PM, Unionjack said:

Well just maybe these conversations might be growing shortly with big bollox Barca coming steaming in after not 1, not 2 but 3 of our lads!

Nou Ideas

Chelsea transfer news: Cesar Azpilicueta, Nemanja Matic and Marcos Alonso scouted by Barcelona director of football Robert Fernandez

Nou Camp chief watches trio in win over West Ham

It’s claimed the Spanish giants are interested in bringing Cesar Azpilicueta, Marcos Alonso and Nemanja Matic to the Nou Camp

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3043686/chelsea-transfer-news-cesar-azpilicueta-nemanja-matic-marcos-alonso-barcelona/

Bunch of rubbish. Barca is getting a new coach in summer. Besides what would Matic do of all people in barca?

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Kieran. said:

Lad's got a dangerous free kick on him. He's only taken a couple this year and has hit the bar twice.

I can only recall him taking 2 free kicks, and both off the bar, if I'm not mistaken.

It's nice having a dangerous left footed option on free kicks.