Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Really? I think that's his strength. Even yesterday he put in a few excellent crosses. It's his pace and defending that are subpar and not good enough against top sides.

He's passable against decent or poor sides where he isn't facing top quality wide players that can expose him.

he fizzes a few crosses in when no one is there. generally he is a let down, like when hazard was breaking and he plays an amateur ball to no one.

To think we had Filipe Luis who got treated like some tier3 player

We couldn't get a better replacement for Cole, but it wasn't meant to be, because Mourinho didn't trust him. Now a FB in his tier would cost much more in todays market. :/

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Looks like we will need to sign a LWB in January transfer window 

Kenedy should be given a go if we can't get a Alonso upgrade ,tbh i would prefer that option 

14 hours ago, mccg said:

Kenedy should be given a go if we can't get a Alonso upgrade ,tbh i would prefer that option 

Where has this notion suddenly come from that Kenedy is an adept defender? Or even a better player than Alonso? He made one league appearance for Watford, one. He played a couple of games as full-back for Mourinho, wasn't anything special there, and now suddenly he is an amazing wing-back? This is mid-table club stuff.

At least kenedy has more pace, speed, athletism, more energetic to our left side and posses good technique aswell.
At least give it try.

Maybe kenedy defending is very doubtful (alonso not so good when comes defend too), bu kenedy probably much better when supporting attack.
i mean seeing pedro play at the left side like yesterday, pedro have pace and willingness to take on defender is really much more helpfull to free hazard.

I like alonso as player, but actually seeing alonso week in week out, doesnt have any pace to recover when he out of position is sad because that is really hold back our team.

2 hours ago, manpe said:

Where has this notion suddenly come from that Kenedy is an adept defender? Or even a better player than Alonso? He made one league appearance for Watford, one. He played a couple of games as full-back for Mourinho, wasn't anything special there, and now suddenly he is an amazing wing-back? This is mid-table club stuff.

Didn't say he was a better player but has more potential than Alonso imho , if we can't get a upgrade for Alonso in the January sales use Kennedy as back up ,was the view...simples

2 minutes ago, mccg said:

Didn't say he was a better player but has more potential than Alonso imho , if we can't get a upgrade for Alonso in the January sales use Kennedy as back up ,was the view...simples

Ah, as back-up, okay... I thought you wanted to replace Alonso immediately :)

1 hour ago, dimmas said:

At least kenedy has more pace, speed, athletism, more energetic to our left side and posses good technique aswell.
At least give it try.

Maybe kenedy defending is very doubtful (alonso not so good when comes defend too), bu kenedy probably much better when supporting attack.
i mean seeing pedro play at the left side like yesterday, pedro have pace and willingness to take on defender is really much more helpfull to free hazard.

I like alonso as player, but actually seeing alonso week in week out, doesnt have any pace to recover when he out of position is sad because that is really hold back our team.

Being a good LWB is more than just having pace, speed, athleticism and energy. You also need to be intelligent tactically and does Kenedy possess that? It's debatable and Kenedy barely did anything special as a LB. So, what makes people think he'll suddenly be a good LWB? On top of that, is Kenedy considered to be tall? Only 1.82m and last thing we need is having 3 short defenders in the back 5 and leave ourselves exposed aerially.

• 2 weeks later...