Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

26 minutes ago, Beigl said:

Hats of to this guy, I think he proved many of us, me included, completely wrong with his strong performances. He deservedly cemented his place in the starting XI. 

I don't think many people were dumb to judge a player without playing a single game. Every reasonable CFC fan was calling for a change to the LB position and Alonso has been superb. Reminds me of Maicon. 

His technique on the ball is really, really good. He is very much key to our current system. Without him, it would be impossible to play using the 3-4-3. Makes me wonder why Kennedy was loaned so mindlessly. He would have been a great back up.

54 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Famtastic performance today. 

As someone earlier pointed out, Our season depends on the play of Alonso.

He just needs to be a competent LB. He may get skinned here or there, but it cannot mirror Ivanovic levels. Still cannot believe Kenedy was sent on loan to play as a LWB at Watford instead of for us. 

Because any injury or poor play from Alonso, and we're right back to Ivanovic. 

I was just thinking about it and we can't even rest him against West Ham because we don't have a suitable player ... maybe Pedro? Kenedy or Ake could rotate with him perfectly IMO :) He plays in very demanding position, he is probably our biggest hardworker alongside Kante and we can't afford to rest him :(

1 hour ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Famtastic performance today. 

As someone earlier pointed out, Our season depends on the play of Alonso.

He just needs to be a competent LB. He may get skinned here or there, but it cannot mirror Ivanovic levels. Still cannot believe Kenedy was sent on loan to play as a LWB at Watford instead of for us. 

Because any injury or poor play from Alonso, and we're right back to Ivanovic. 

You made a valid point but that's the first post I see after clicking on the thread and I now feel depressed. :no:

4 hours ago, jernej93 said:

I was just thinking about it and we can't even rest him against West Ham because we don't have a suitable player ... maybe Pedro? Kenedy or Ake could rotate with him perfectly IMO :) He plays in very demanding position, he is probably our biggest hardworker alongside Kante and we can't afford to rest him :(

You bring up a good point. Not sure who else could play there. No other left-footers in the team so no matter who it is, it'll be a little unbalanced. 

Maybe Aina can do a job. And, so could Azpi once Zouma is fit to play RCB.

Haven't clicked on this thread in a while so I was first taken to a few pages back....and boy how much difference a month of football can make! :lol: 

I'd argue that Alonso is our most important player at the moment because he's literally irreplaceable in the team! If we were to lose him to injury or suspension, we'd probably have to change formation!

Kenedy doesn't play much for Watford now doesn't he? I would bang on their door so they can explain why he doesn't play and if they give me an answer I don't like I would pay them back and bring him home in the winter transfer window. 

I'm not sure if he is starting quality long term, but as has been alluded to he has allowed us to change to a formation which probably with no exaggeration has saved our season, so for that reason alone the price for him was a steel.

19 hours ago, jernej93 said:

Play Aina. With a 3 at the back there's still enough protection behind him. Offensively... welp. That could be a challenge.

• 2 weeks later...