Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

Alonso: "I’m really excited about the challenge and I'm looking forward to working with my new team-mates.’" #CFC

Marcos Alonso: "My family and close friends know Chelsea is the club I have dreamed about playing for" #CFC (chelseafc)

3 minutes ago, zakhov said:

Does anyone else thinks he looks a bit like Mata sans beard? 

Hope he improved although he was generally a 6/10 player when I watched him at Sunderland.

I see youthful Xabi Alonso.

An alumni of Real Madrid's outstanding youth academy and Chelsea's newest mam; Marcos Alonso. He only made one appearance for Real before buggering off to Bolton Wanderers. He stepped up and made thirty-five league appearances over three seasons before leaving for Fiorentina. No stranger to England, he was loaned out to Sunderland and made a further sixteen appearance in the Premier League.

Welcome to the new fellow; hopefully he gives a better show than the last Fiorentina transfer.

Welcome Marcos Alonso!

I'm optimistic about this guy, I was impressed with him at Sunderland during his short stint there and hopefully he's improved further whilst in Serie A.

If this means he's a nailed on starter and we have Azpi claim the right back position then this is a great deal.

If this means he's understudy to Azpi at left back and Brana remains untouchable then it sucks.

Let's wait and see, good luck!

Up the Chelseaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!