Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

6 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

No chance he goes straight into the team, Ivanovic and Azpi are the main men and I guarantee that neither make way for him and he only starts if there is an injury to either.

It's hard to say. There's a high chance Cahill will be dropped, Ivan moves to CB and Azpi moves to RB, if, there's no more starter CB signings.

8 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

It's hard to say. There's a high chance Cahill will be dropped, Ivan moves to CB and Azpi moves to RB, if, there's no more starter CB signings.

Azpilicueta-Ivanovic-Terry-Alonso + get Sakho on loan for a season

This would be great until January. Then buy starting CB aka Koulibaly. Win the league (hopefully). After the season ends Sakho goes back to Liverpool, Christensen comes from loan and we have another CB we bought in January. Cahill and Ivanovic leave. Terry retires at the high. We can start new generation.

2 minutes ago, Melanicus said:

Azpilicueta-Ivanovic-Terry-Alonso + get Sakho on loan for a season

This would be great until January. Then buy starting CB aka Koulibaly. Win the league (hopefully). After the season ends Sakho goes back to Liverpool, Christensen comes from loan and we have another CB we bought in January. Cahill and Ivanovic leave. Terry retires at the high. We can start new generation.

Agree with everything you said except em...Sakho. I rather wait for Zouma, according to reports he should be back soon.

7 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

Agree with everything you said except em...Sakho. I rather wait for Zouma, according to reports he should be back soon.

I think Sakho would be a great addition ON LOAN. If we buy someone it will be a panic buy for too much money. If we loan defender on the other end its good. Sakho is decent, great backup/sometimes started, Liverpool is willing to loan/sell him. I see no bad points in this transfer. When Zouma returns he would of course play in starting eleven.

Excited for Alonso, Will be nice to see a proper left footed cross in the acres of space hazard creates. Azpi moves to the right and ivanovic inside. We strengthen at RB and CB with this move. Zouma will be coming back by end of october and up to speed for hectic Winter. Hopefully the board can pull off some more moves! Gotta stay positive.

If we fail to but a CB in the next hours remaining we are going to be found out. It's alright playing Watford and Burnley's of this world but facing Aguero and Ibrahimovic with Cahill and Ivanovic/Terry is worrying which shows the mass importance needed towards a new, but quality CB like right now. Not loans, not 5m stop gaps we need to sort this defence now. 

14 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

After all the time in the world and all the top players we were connected with..... Marcos Alonso (probably).  And Oscar (nomination) goes to... Chelsea FC! ?????

What are you on about? It's a left-footed left-back, meaning we now have the option to bench Ivanovic and play Azpi where he belongs. It's like two signings in one, provided he plays of course and is not cut off like Luis or his much inferior (but expensive) replacement Baba. I guess since we aren't dealing with Mourinho anymore, we might actually see changes and some flexibility in team selections.

10 minutes ago, Melanicus said:

I think Sakho would be a great addition ON LOAN. If we buy someone it will be a panic buy for too much money. If we loan defender on the other end its good. Sakho is decent, great backup/sometimes started, Liverpool is willing to loan/sell him. I see no bad points in this transfer. When Zouma returns he would of course play in starting eleven.

Is he even allowed to play yet after being coked up?

6 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

What makes you think that?  Chances are nobody has any clue what the club have planned

True, but no smoke without fire and so far there's no other ones linked to us whatsoever from reliable sources. 

I certainly hope you're right the board is doing all the work in the most secret way but it's really unlikely.

Anyway, for me any extra one will be surprising bonus, however I won't moan if Alonso is the last signing.