Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

4 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Conte doesnt seem to be the guy who thinks in those categories, to me

I hope too.

I'm all for this transfer, btw. For now, I would grade our summer transfer window with 5.5/10.

With Alonso I would give it 7/10.

(For 10/10 we need class CB, good LB, or good CB and class LB... and good Oscar replacement, I think.)

I am very happy for Alonso, he deserves the best. If we must obliged to sell Marcos for FFP reason, Chelsea is the best team for his skills and a perfect coach as Conte. In addition CFC is my second team... So what else?

1 hour ago, Clavus said:

I am very happy for Alonso, he deserves the best. If we must obliged to sell Marcos for FFP reason, Chelsea is the best team for his skills and a perfect coach as Conte. In addition CFC is my second team... So what else?

Tell us more about Alonso mate, how do you fans rate him? What's his strength and weakness? Thanks!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/30/chelsea-marcos-alonso-fiorentina-signing

Chelsea are close to agreeing a deal with Fiorentina for Marcos Alonso, with Antonio Conte’s side expected to pay a fee of around £20.5m (€27m).

The Chelsea manager has been keen to add a new left-back to his squad after allowing the Ghana international Baba Rahman to join Schalke on loan this month, with the former Real Madrid and Bolton defender Alonso now identified as his primary target.

Negotiations have been ongoing for days, with Fiorentina now expected to accept a renewed offer for the 25-year-old. Alonso is already understood to have agreed personal terms and is keen on a return to the Premier League.

51 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Actually....kind of excited for this. Assuming he goes straight in the team that is. I was also excited for Baba and we saw how that turned out.

No chance he goes straight into the team, Ivanovic and Azpi are the main men and I guarantee that neither make way for him and he only starts if there is an injury to either.

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

No chance he goes straight into the team, Ivanovic and Azpi are the main men and I guarantee that neither make way for him and he only starts if there is an injury to either.

Sad but probably true. :(

Though once again paying around £20m on a LB for the 3rd straight summer only to not play them would be ridiculous. Surely this lad will actually play...