Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

1 minute ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Yeah, he looks like a CB for me. He reminds me of Vertonghen so much it's not even funny.

What is Chelsea thinking there ? New CB or LB ?

I talked to a friend who follows Juventus in the Serie A. 

He thinks Alonso is one of the best LBs, if not the best, in the league. Very versatile as he is comfortable on the ball, has played in the midfield on the left, as a LB, LWB and today as an LCB and Conte loves players who are versatile. 

I don't think his preferred position is CB. Chievo didn't really threaten a lot. 

His passing is very basic, can play long balls and seems to be quick to press when needed. 

I think we are buying him as an LB. 

Can't imagine he'd be brought as a CB. We still wouldn't have the personnel to deploy a back 3 as long as JT is still here.

If we are able to add Alonso in addition to a new CB to displace Cahill and Ivanovic then I think we'll have salvaged what could've been a poor transfer window. An actual modern LB that allows Azpi to play on the right and a ball playing CB is all we really need. Doubt we're even after any more attacking signings.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Can't imagine he'd be brought as a CB. We still wouldn't have the personnel to deploy a back 3 as long as JT is still here.

If we are able to add Alonso in addition to a new CB to displace Cahill and Ivanovic then I think we'll have salvaged what could've been a poor transfer window. An actual modern LB that allows Azpi to play on the right and a ball playing CB is all we really need. Doubt we're even after any more attacking signings.

Agree with you at all fronts Pizy. Have a like. :)

It's the versatility I am really excited about. He maybe isn't the best in a particular aspect of game, but he really isn't weak in any too. Can pass, can head the ball, interceptions are pretty good as well. Gives us some height at the back as well, cause we have been conceding a lot from set pieces since last year.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Actually I think we already have a good window tbh. Conte himself has been an amazing addition and Kante looks like he'll be the best midfielder in the league. Bats is a great addition and hopefully we'll swtich to two strikers in the future. If we sign a CB and a LB the window will go from good to amazing. Add another midfielder to replace Matic/Oscar and we'll have one of the best squads in Europe imo.

2 minutes ago, nono said:

Actually I think we already have a good window tbh. Conte himself has been an amazing addition and Kante looks like he'll be the best midfielder in the league. Bats is a great addition and hopefully we'll swtich to two strikers in the future. If we sign a CB and a LB the window will go from good to amazing. Add another midfielder to replace Matic/Oscar and we'll have one of the best squads in Europe imo.

We were having a fantastic window until just after we signed Kante. Then everything went silent and we've done nothing since but have a load of bids rejected. Can't really judge our business as a whole until Wednesday night. Still time for a Djilobodji or two... ^_^

27 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

I talked to a friend who follows Juventus in the Serie A. 

He thinks Alonso is one of the best LBs, if not the best, in the league. Very versatile as he is comfortable on the ball, has played in the midfield on the left, as a LB, LWB and today as an LCB and Conte loves players who are versatile. 

I don't think his preferred position is CB. Chievo didn't really threaten a lot. 

His passing is very basic, can play long balls and seems to be quick to press when needed. 

I think we are buying him as an LB. 

We're preparing for 3-5-2 ?

Anyway, as long as Marcos is comfortable under pressure to play short forward passes and is solid defender with positional sense and without overcommitting in 1on1s, he is good option at that LB.

Just now, Blue Colored Sky said:

We're preparing for 3-5-2 ?

Anyway, as long as Marcos is comfortable under pressure to play short forward passes and is solid defender with positional sense and without overcommitting in 1on1s, he is good option at that Lb.

Maybe in the future BCS. Certainly not now cause we are yet to have personnel in our team who can play in a 3-5-2. 

I think he is best as someone plays near the touchline. His positional sense as a CB seemed a little off sometimes, no mistakes, but he just wasn't getting into the positions a natural CB would, this happened about 2-3 times. Chievo were largely pathetic and hardly had more than 3 decent chances. Fiorentina had them sorted out. 

I would have liked to see him play as a LM today. They played a 3-4-2-1. Naturally, since he was playing as a CB, he wasn't on throw ins today. 

1 minute ago, King11Didier said:

25mln for this guy??? Hahahhaha omg.
Just hope his transfer will mean Azpi to RB and Ivan on the bench. But I'm afraid he could be Azpi backup.

Tell me a better Left Back in the market at this price. :)

And that's Euros. 21 million pounds, which isn't a lot in today's world.

7 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

Tell me a better Left Back in the market at this price. :)

And that's Euros. 21 million pounds, which isn't a lot in today's world.

Ricardo Rodriguez maybe, I would rather have him than Alonso. But I think Alonso is a very solid option for LB position.

Just now, sLOVEnian Blue said:

Ricardo Rodriguez maybe, I would rather have him than Alonso. But I think Alonso is a very solid option for LB position.

I thought the same, although I haven't seen a lot of either. Had seen Ricardo Rodriguez and I certainly liked him for an attacking prospect. But then after talking to a few on here and some more of BuLi fans, they say he isn't the best defender and leaves a lot of space behind him. Isn't very quick to cover that.

Hmm can't help but think this is a decent player at this level best and not the answer to Chelsea's problem.

Let's hope I'm horribly wrong and he's as good as people claim. He does have age on his side so that's a plus.

If only Chelsea could add a class centre-back and centre midfielder to the team...

I was hoping for a loan, that would have been amazing business. 

But I guess if Conte likes him then that's a start. 

I remember when we bought Azpi he came out of nowhere, was an AVB scout. I remember when AVB came he had some decent targets....at least I hope that was him. And Azpi was one of his list. 

Here hoping this turns out to be the same.