Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea v West Ham

Jase
Followers 0

Gonna be pretty telling against West Ham if we line up with 2 "shields" in front of the defense and still look shit back there.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

This is going to be either really embarrassing for us or an incredible game goal wise :lol: 

Maybe like our 5-3 against Everton 2 years ago? :D

I find it incredible that Conte is starting the season with a defense weaker than last season. Baba and Kennedy loaned. Zouma injured.

Now that its nailed on that we will be starting with our dreaded back 4, its completely up to our midfield to deliver.

Last season, we did not keep the ball well enough, did not guard against attacks through the middle.. and our back 4 were exposed time and again for the poor defensive line that they are.

I hope that at least this time, we hang onto the ball much better and expose the back 4 to as little of the ball as possible. This should work until we play one of the bigger sides.

5 hours ago, Strike said:

I find it incredible that Conte is starting the season with a defense weaker than last season. Baba and Kennedy loaned. Zouma injured.

The longer it goes on that we haven't bought a defender is making me think the board said this..

"Hey Antonio, you were a genius in the Euros with Italy, get this lot defending like that and save us a fortune"

Conte

"We have a plan on players coming in, I speak to the club everyday"

"Happy with the group, they are working very hard"

"The music in the dressing room before a game is great, in Italy we didn't have that"

"If I was choosing the music it would be BOOM BOOM":lol:

Dodged the question when asked how many players he wants to bring in.

Loved that press conference and love Conte already. You can just tell he lives and breathes football and is the right man to change the mentality of these players. While there likely isn't anything he can do to improve the terrible defense because that's more a case of skill rather than confidence, but players like Hazard, Matic, Oscar, and Costa will all excell under him again I think.

You can also tell he badly wanted to talk publicly about transfer targets but has to remain tight lipped.

My prediction. A 4-3-3. Need steel and numbers in midfield to combat West Ham. No way should Cesc start this one.

1492137_Chelsea.jpg

On 8/11/2016 at 6:04 PM, DYC. said:

Don't like Chelsea's centre midfield options. Really don't like Chelsea's defensive options.

Offensive options are pretty good.

Don't know the point of this post but I wanted to throw it out into the internet realm.

I've basically been saying this same thing on another Chelsea forum. So great minds really do think alike.
As for West Ham I think we'll do them without keeping a clean sheet. 

So all of a sudden I see you guys all pick Ivan over Aina? Is it because of the error Aina made in preseason against Real or just sadly accept the fact that Ivan will start whatsoever? For me Aina over Ivan any day of the week. Don't give me the experience talk, Aina can run faster with one leg than Ivan and this is enough for me to favor him.

• Jase locked this topic