Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea 2-1 West Ham

Jase
Followers 0

19 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

What I loved was the will to win the ball back, mostly in the opposition half. We tackled them, a lot of times with two men against one of their, and tried to win the ball, which we did so many times. Great to see that.

It's been a long time since I saw us pinch and break up play like we did. Yes Kante did some but Matic, Oscar and Costa did brilliantly to close down avenues and pinch from nothing.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Costa is becoming a massive liability. Can't score for shit and terrible attitude on the pitch.  -nono

great post from the match thread bro, do you have anymore amazing insight?

<_<

Great performance by the team, lacked just that bit of creativity without fab in there but still looked good overall... hopefully one or two more signings and we can compete for the league

My throat is still sore from the bridge! Awesome night under the lights!  

Plus points - Hazard, Oscar, Kante...and the defence were solidish

Negatives - indecisive in final third, Matic, pedro.

On 16/08/2016 at 1:09 AM, The Skipper said:

Well, we can improve our ball circulation if we play Fabregas, but we can't really play Fabregas without too much risk with the defenders we have. So, it's a bit of both actually.

I love Cescys creativity but alot of us are forgetting we got an excellent option to him OR Osacar/Matic in Chalobah. He runs all over, got good offence/defence and a real B2B player. Plus he's HG.

I know hes satill only 21 but hes got alot of great loan expereience Forest,Middlesbrough,Burnley,Reading.Napoli. We stick Chalobah/Matic/N'Golo together and cant see a problem.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I love Cescys creativity but alot of us are forgetting we got an excellent option to him OR Osacar/Matic in Chalobah. He runs all over, got good offence/defence and a real B2B player. Plus he's HG.

I know hes satill only 21 but hes got alot of great loan expereience Forest,Middlesbrough,Burnley,Reading.Napoli. We stick Chalobah/Matic/N'Golo together and cant see a problem.

I agree, Chalobah is really excelent player and his passing is underrated imo. Plus to that he got excelent longshots and great defending.

12 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

Chalobah ffs. You guys are a trip

pcNgYVU.gif

Although that is brutal I agree in general, if we signed a player outright who hardly played for Napoli the season before he would instantly be dismissed as another Papy yet because he's one of our loanees he's some sort of answer to our problems :lol:

Maybe he can fill a roll as back up to the back ups like he did in Naples but can't see any further action for him.

19 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Although that is brutal I agree in general, if we signed a player outright who hardly played for Napoli the season before he would instantly be dismissed as another Papy yet because he's one of our loanees he's some sort of answer to our problems :lol:

Maybe he can fill a roll as back up to the back ups like he did in Naples but can't see any further action for him.

I like the guy & hope he goes on to have a solid career but I just don't understand the blind faith in a player that's only found success in the Championship 4 seasons ago. He couldn't buy a game at Napoli & Burnley in the top flight yet he's suddenly the answer to all our problems because he had a few decent cameo appearances in pre-season.

13 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

Chalobah ffs. You guys are a trip

pcNgYVU.gif

Turn on, Tune in and drop out! Tripping%20Smiley_zpsyzgeytps.gif

I aint saying the lads the second coming but he offers us a DIFFERENT option to using Matic ond or Oscar.