N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

8 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

FLLuL.gif

Very funny, mate. But the news is if you like my opinion or not, I will state it wherever and whenever I want  here is nothing you can do to make me shut up. Don't bother to respond, since you are one of the most superficial, petty and plastic guys on here, you are welcome to my ignore list.

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

Very funny, mate. But the news is if you like my opinion or not, I will state it wherever and whenever I want  here is nothing you can do to make me shut up. Don't bother to respond, since you are one of the most superficial, petty and plastic guys on here, you are welcome to my ignore list.

You are 100% entitled to your own opinion my friend, but the whole rage text against people not agreeing with you, happening to make a bit fun of it because you acted like a wally, that was not necessary.

Oooh..the ignore list? That hurts! :( Bye.

5 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Because some borderline fascist people on here obviously can't deal with a differentiated non-mainstream opinion I will clarify one last time. I said Kante needs a long term replacement as opposed to an immediate replacement. Whilst I stated that his level of technical skill is not on par with the ambitions of this club, his other redeeming attributes make him helpful for now but won't do so once his physical strengths fade. I don't think this is in any way an outrageous opinion given his displays in the big games were erratic at times and indifferent at best. But the problem is not even my opinion which I stated in a moderate, deliberate way, open for discussion. The problem is people dismissing it without any reasoning, slagging it with bullshit comparisons, berating others as retard. People who obviously lack any kind of concept of a decent, civilised debate culture. The localism, the inability of such posters to think outside their tiny boxes when confronted with a deviating opinion is the real issue here.

It had occured to me that once Kante's physical game starts to decline will he be of any use. Probably not. I mean yes, I truly think he isn't that 'technically inept' as some here would have you believe. He can pick a pass and keeps the ball moving in posession with one touch passes. He knows how to protect the ball and actually has a pretty decent footballing brain. There is no denying though, it is his physical game combined with the attributes I have mentioned that makes him such an asset to us. So I can  sympathise with you questioning his longevity at this club playing a major role but he has a long, long way to to yet. Plus he may adapt his style and improve his game whilst playing here when needed. The capacity of his development will only increase playing at a World Class club alongside World Class players. I for one hope he can succeed where otheres have maybe failed in the later stages of their careers. Anyways like I said, that's a looooooooong way of yet. 

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

I dont remember you (or anyone else) saying that about Kante when we were on 13 match win streak. 

However now after average game or two, all the doubters are coming back. Its a knee jerk reaction and a bad one.

Im all for listening peoples opinions and make conversation etc, but when peoples opinions change as the wind goes, and making conclusions when someone is doing well, he is best player in the world, then when he has poor game, suddenly some get idea that he should be replaced eventualy. And we all know same people wont be saying that when he puts few worldie performances again, which he definately will. 

Eden, Costa, Kante, Azpi are arguably best buys we made in past years and sure they will have bad games. Every player has bad games. But that doesnt mean they are not good enough and need to be replaced eventualy. 

And for your info, Kante lost like 4 games since he came to PL, I dont know what you call consistent, but he is as consistent as it goes (and yes, he played well against big sides too).

And to continue about Kante, he is primarly a defensive mid. He can act as b2b, but his first task is to break attacks, intercept and tackle and he is nearly world class at that. He is not Pirlo, so I dont expect him to have such technique, then again his passing in general has been very very good. 

I wonder what you would say about someone like Makelele if he was here now.

Not arguing about anything, only the bold part. I know atleast Arsenal beat Leicester 2 times last season and we lost 3 times this season. This makes it atleast 5 losses.

9 hours ago, Roquila said:

Not arguing about anything, only the bold part. I know atleast Arsenal beat Leicester 2 times last season and we lost 3 times this season. This makes it atleast 5 losses.

Yes I dont know the exact number, but its not far apart.

18 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

I dont remember you (or anyone else) saying that about Kante when we were on 13 match win streak. 

However now after average game or two, all the doubters are coming back. Its a knee jerk reaction and a bad one.

Im all for listening peoples opinions and make conversation etc, but when peoples opinions change as the wind goes, and making conclusions when someone is doing well, he is best player in the world, then when he has poor game, suddenly some get idea that he should be replaced eventualy. And we all know same people wont be saying that when he puts few worldie performances again, which he definately will. 

Eden, Costa, Kante, Azpi are arguably best buys we made in past years and sure they will have bad games. Every player has bad games. But that doesnt mean they are not good enough and need to be replaced eventualy. 

And for your info, Kante lost like 4 games since he came to PL, I dont know what you call consistent, but he is as consistent as it goes (and yes, he played well against big sides too).

And to continue about Kante, he is primarly a defensive mid. He can act as b2b, but his first task is to break attacks, intercept and tackle and he is nearly world class at that. He is not Pirlo, so I dont expect him to have such technique, then again his passing in general has been very very good. 

I wonder what you would say about someone like Makelele if he was here now.

20 hours ago, DDA said:

It had occured to me that once Kante's physical game starts to decline will he be of any use. Probably not. I mean yes, I truly think he isn't that 'technically inept' as some here would have you believe. He can pick a pass and keeps the ball moving in posession with one touch passes. He knows how to protect the ball and actually has a pretty decent footballing brain. There is no denying though, it is his physical game combined with the attributes I have mentioned that makes him such an asset to us. So I can  sympathise with you questioning his longevity at this club playing a major role but he has a long, long way to to yet. Plus he may adapt his style and improve his game whilst playing here when needed. The capacity of his development will only increase playing at a World Class club alongside World Class players. I for one hope he can succeed where otheres have maybe failed in the later stages of their careers. Anyways like I said, that's a looooooooong way of yet. 

First of all thank you, this is the kind of quality posts I am here for.

However, there were plenty of people hinting at flaws in Kante's game during the winning run, e.g. Gilvorak did so in the Stoke and Bournemouth threads, Mr Excalibur in the Crystal palace thread,positive football did point out Kante's erratic pasing in the ManCity thread, so there is plenty of evidence that this is not a knee jerk reaction. Before we even purchased him I was one of his biggest advocats in the transfer threat but pointed out as early as then when he still was a Leicester player that his passing is horrible at times. 

I gladly agree with you that Kante is amazing player, a great purchase and I hope he will still be here right at the centre of that midfield for a couple of years. Still, his passing needs some drastic improvement. If you think I wanted to demand his immediate replacement or that he is not good enough for the moment you misunderstood me. Maybe I should have expressed that in a more diplomatic manner, but I maintain my opinion that he has some drastic flaws in his passing that need to be worked on otherwise they will jeopardize his long term future at the club without questioning that he is a great player and I am happy to have him. 

On 1/11/2017 at 4:38 PM, Magic Lamps said:

Because some borderline fascist people on here obviously can't deal with a differentiated non-mainstream opinion I will clarify one last time. I said Kante needs a long term replacement as opposed to an immediate replacement. Whilst I stated that his level of technical skill is not on par with the ambitions of this club, his other redeeming attributes make him helpful for now but won't do so once his physical strengths fade. I don't think this is in any way an outrageous opinion given his displays in the big games were erratic at times and indifferent at best. But the problem is not even my opinion which I stated in a moderate, deliberate way, open for discussion. The problem is people dismissing it without any reasoning, slagging it with bullshit comparisons, berating others as retard. People who obviously lack any kind of concept of a decent, civilised debate culture. The localism, the inability of such posters to think outside their tiny boxes when confronted with a deviating opinion is the real issue here.

"but won't do so once his physical strengths fade"

This is true for all players, unless your technical skill is like maybe at messi level, you won't have any spot in top team once your physical attributes fade.

There is nothing wrong with kante, he is a superb ball winning midfielder with good enough passing skill. If you expect a player who can pass and good technically play Fabregas but he is just happened to be horrible at defending. Imo kante problem has nothing to do with passing, when I looked our team I more concerned about finding a more suitable partner, I like matic but I want a more attacking player (not fabregas), that imo will alleviate some of kante responsibility to be the passer in midfield.

Kante is our only complete midfielder since Lampard-Essien-Ballack team. Some here are acting like he is Ramires with the ball.

There are pair of more complete midfielders than him - Modrić, Pogba, Vidal and some few others, but that's it.

The very simple thing that Kante does, that really lifts the entire team, is that he keeps things ticking. When there is a loose ball in the oppositions half, he's the one that's usually on it quick as lightning, when others are more inclined to just dropping back. Its a big boost to our forward players, who only have to think about spending time and energy in setting up the next attack...instead of dropping deep to build up play all the way from the back.