N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

1 hour ago, James said:

Thought he was decent yesterday, not amazing as many other Chelsea fans are saying. 

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

He was good yesterday, not amazing though. Felt he struggled in bits but imposed himself very well in other situations. 

Disagree. He was great. Stepped into so many passing lanes to intercept the ball, made several great tackles, and did a bunch of things that don't show up on the stat sheet like pressurizing opponents and forcing them to either give the ball away or pass backwards.

Without him we may very well have lost that game like we often did last season. 

I think it is important to remember that we were completely in charge for like 75% of the game.
Kante's value is the most obvious during fights for the midfield, a fight we dominated yesterday. As a result, he was not as visible as he might be during other games. 
Having said that, I felt like he was a constant thorn in Swansea's side, and won the ball back on numerous occasions. His presence is simply felt everywhere, there was a sequence where he started by winning the ball on the left side in our half, and ended by taking a shot outside of the opponents box on the right side. Matic just feels so lethargic in comparison. 

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

Disagree. He was great. Stepped into so many passing lanes to intercept the ball, made several great tackles, and did a bunch of things that don't show up on the stat sheet like pressurizing opponents and forcing them to either give the ball away or pass backwards.

Without him we may very well have lost that game like we often did last season. 

I just thought it was a normal Kante performance. Sort of performance you expect from him. I've seen him have better games for Leicester, so for me an amazing Kante game he plays better than yesterday. 

48 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I just thought it was a normal Kante performance. Sort of performance you expect from him. I've seen him have better games for Leicester, so for me an amazing Kante game he plays better than yesterday. 

I guess that's the thing. He's so consistently awesome that you just expect it. 

Liverpool will be a massive test for him and Matic.

On 9/11/2016 at 2:56 PM, Rekin said:

I wish there was a better player next to him. I am losing faith in Matic with each game. Our problem in the team in my opinion comes from two parts; a lack of creativity in the middle, and a lack of pace from the defenders. Today was a good example of why both these issues will make a title challenge difficult. In terms of defenders I think we are in a better position now, but the midfield is still a huge issue. Fabregas has a lot of flaws, but he is the best passer we have, his presence makes a huge difference. If we are to truly become a challenger, we need to replace both Matic and Oscar, both are average at best right now. I dont know of Maia is the right solution, but Nainggolan would have been perfect. Regardless, I am really happy we got Kante, amazing player. 

Amen. 

4 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I agree. He's the exciting new toy. Everything he does is exaggerated. If he's decent, he's good. If he's good, he's great. If he's great, he's Makelele 2.0. It will wear off eventually. That's just how I see it anyway.

Not to say he hasn't been good. He's been a valuable addition to the team. I'm just waiting for his form to drop, which is inevitable really, and I want to see how quickly he'll bounce back (if he bounces back at all). I desperately hope he is the real deal.

I like his distribution btw. May he keep this simple and clever play on forever.

Yeah, what they said above about having another good CM. Someone on a blog suggested Gana (Aston Villa, now Everton) earlier in the summer. Excellent idea IMO.  What a bargain buy for Everton!

I just hope Chalobah gets time. I'm not an Oscar fan despite some of the skills he has. Matic... I just don't know what's going on with him, but it's not good enough. He doesn't combine well with anyone in build-up right now in my view.... so there's Azpi and Matic close to Hazard. Not good enough.

Might as well sell the both of them to Italy (or China, elsewhere) and look for a better star MF to go with Kante and the potential we see in Chalobah.

It's looking to me like Chelsea need to acquire another top defender, another CM, and another scoring foward (thus the rumours on Griezmann, I guess).  Koke would certainly fit in CM.

Why is no one here talking about how kante got turned horribly by ozil and left our two CB's two on two with two of the most lethal players in the league when they're on?  Why is no one talking about how he was incapable of coming deep into our end and receiving the ball from our CB's to get possession started?  I think Kante is a solid player, but a lot of people want to hate on Oscar and Matic and say that Fabs doesn't deserve to start on these forums and then nothing on this player?  Let's be consistent.  Kante searches for tackles and exposes our defense.  It worked with LCFC because they stayed so compact and sat back.  It doesn't work sometimes for us, which means he is quite tactically faulty... something everyone wants to criticize DL for.  

24 minutes ago, Mceachran said:

Why is no one here talking about how kante got turned horribly by ozil and left our two CB's two on two with two of the most lethal players in the league when they're on?  Why is no one talking about how he was incapable of coming deep into our end and receiving the ball from our CB's to get possession started?  I think Kante is a solid player, but a lot of people want to hate on Oscar and Matic and say that Fabs doesn't deserve to start on these forums and then nothing on this player?  Let's be consistent.  Kante searches for tackles and exposes our defense.  It worked with LCFC because they stayed so compact and sat back.  It doesn't work sometimes for us, which means he is quite tactically faulty... something everyone wants to criticize DL for.  

You're just bitter you play for Brentford 

1 hour ago, Leif said:

You're just bitter you play for Brentford 

hah!  I tried to figure out how to change my username/handle, could't figure it out.  But now I feel like it stands as a lesson to all those who get excited about a young player.