N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

On 4/1/2016 at 7:17 AM, It's too big said:

Dunno why we're even contemplating buying Leicester players. They have had an extraordinary season. If it wasn't for the big clubs severely underperforming this season, Leicester would likely be outside top 4. One good season and all of a sudden we should buy their top players. Where were the likes of kante, vardy and mahrez before this season? I would understand if they had been doing it consistently for 2-3 season, but so far the players are having a purple patch and it's unlikely to continue into next season. 

It's incredibly arrogant to discount these Leicester players because it's a one-season wonder. Sure it's one season, but it's been a consistent season. They're not there because they're dropping less points than everyone else, they're playing well and winning games lol. It's naive to think Kante and Mahrez and co aren't good players, by the same logic Hazard's crap because he's only given us one season of magic. But we all know he's still a greatly talented player.

3 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

It's incredibly arrogant to discount these Leicester players because it's a one-season wonder. Sure it's one season, but it's been a consistent season. They're not there because they're dropping less points than everyone else, they're playing well and winning games lol. It's naive to think Kante and Mahrez and co aren't good players, by the same logic Hazard's crap because he's only given us one season of magic. But we all know he's still a greatly talented player.

Agree with u, but Hazard was good all seasons with us and lille, except for current season.

4 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

I was right in saying we should go for him. Absolute monster in midfield. 

If we get him and payet, we're set in midfield. 

Fabregas - kante - payet 

I still think this midfield would be kind of imbalanced and lightweight. Also Payet is like 29. 

What I'd love is krychowiak/RLC - Fabregas - Kante. Power, pace, creativity and dribbling. Only lacking goals. But I don't want to be greedy, tho I am optimistic about RLC becoming a 10+ goals per seaon player. He has proved he does not need many chances when getting  into the box. You are right about Kante tho. Tremedous player. Wins the ball drives it through midfield and sets up the attack - all day long. He is the DM version of Willian + footballing intelligence. The only thing I am not sure about is his high rate of turnover because of wayward passes and short clearances. I am sure he will improve on those tho since it is his first season is English football. 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

I still think this midfield would be kind of imbalanced and lightweight. Also Payet is like 29. 

What I'd love is krychowiak/RLC - Fabregas - Kante. Power, pace, creativity and dribbling. Only lacking goals. But I don't want to be greedy, tho I am optimistic about RLC becoming a 10+ goals per seaon player. He has proved he does not need many chances when getting  into the box. You are right about Kante tho. Tremedous player. Wins the ball drives it through midfield and sets up the attack - all day long. He is the DM version of Willian + footballing intelligence. The only thing I am not sure about is his high rate of turnover because of wayward passes and short clearances. I am sure he will improve on those tho since it is his first season is English football. 

I'm not sure of a lot of players from other leagues but payet has already adapted to the league and is guaranteed quality even if it's for 3 years alone. None of all these attacking midfielders we have can create chances on the level of payet. 

I don't want us to take all these cuadrado gambles anymore. Payet is certainly not one.... 

On 03/04/2016 at 4:51 PM, kellzfresh said:

I was right in saying we should go for him. Absolute monster in midfield. 

If we get him and payet, we're set in midfield. 

Fabregas - kante - payet 

Payet is not going to happen. He is a fantastic player but West Ham will not sell regardless of money. They are a team with ambition. Especially as they are moving into a new stadium and the chairman has already said he wants Ibra, they are a club who are looking to bring top players in, not sell their top ones. Payet is 29 as well and while he still has quite a few years at his best, can you really see us forking up over £40m for a player who will be 30 next year? I don't think so. That is the amount we will have to pay. A Chinese team made a £38m offer for Payet in January and West Ham rejected it and Payet signed a improved contract.

Very unrealistic we will pay over £40m for him. Like I said, West Ham are looking to attract top stars and will be an attractive proposition for players, epecially with them being in the new stadium.

On 31/03/2016 at 0:10 PM, Cosmin said:

So people really believe that he's going to sign for us? Bruh... He has the chance to play UCL football, with Leicester or any other club (there will be plenty wanting him this summer). Why would he choose Chelsea? Let's be honest. Our best chance is to try signing a few lads ready to fight for the club and, if possible, one or two big names. I would go for Zlatan and Vidal, as both might want to take a new challenge and work for Conte again. There is absolutely no chance that we sign players like Kante this summer. 

Why not? Castro gave up CL footy last summer to sign for Dortmund, like them or United we can probably hide behind this season (out of CL) as being a one off, if it's becomes a constant theme then it could become a problem.

2 hours ago, Stats said:

Payet is not going to happen. He is a fantastic player but West Ham will not sell regardless of money. They are a team with ambition. Especially as they are moving into a new stadium and the chairman has already said he wants Ibra, they are a club who are looking to bring top players in, not sell their top ones. Payet is 29 as well and while he still has quite a few years at his best, can you really see us forking up over £40m for a player who will be 30 next year? I don't think so. That is the amount we will have to pay. A Chinese team a £38m offer for Payet in January and West Ham rejected it and Payet signed a improved contract.

Very unrealistic we will pay over £40m for him. Like I said, West Ham are looking to attract top stars and will be an attractive proposition for players, epecially with them being in the new stadium.

What you say is true in this case but even in our worst period we're still a much more attractive draw than Wet Spam. Also, showing ambition and talking big is one thing, but actually getting top players to a club like them is another. They're on that Everton/Newcastle/Stoke level of club where they'll get a nice player or two but will never attract an already established star.

Wet Spam will remain a stepping stone type of side. No one will see them as a great permanent destination after one good season.

29 minutes ago, Pizy said:

What you say is true in this case but even in our worst period we're still a much more attractive draw than Wet Spam. Also, showing ambition and talking big is one thing, but actually getting top players to a club like them is another. They're on that Everton/Newcastle/Stoke level of club where they'll get a nice player or two but will never attract an already established star.

Wet Spam will remain a stepping stone type of side. No one will see them as a great permanent destination after one good season.

Agreed.

The problem that Leicester and West Ham will have is, despite getting a bigger portion of TV-pay out because of their success, is trying to keep up in arguably the most anticipated transfer window in a long time. Chelsea, City, United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham will all be strengthening. Teams backed with financial muscle and that have got a history of consistently spending big too. Players won't discount Chelsea and United/City because they're out of Europe for a season. Money talks. 

8 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Agreed.

The problem that Leicester and West Ham will have is, despite getting a bigger portion of TV-pay out because of their success, is trying to keep up in arguably the most anticipated transfer window in a long time. Chelsea, City, United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham will all be strengthening. Teams backed with financial muscle and that have got a history of consistently spending big too. Players won't discount Chelsea and United/City because they're out of Europe for a season. Money talks. 

Think Leicester will surely take a massive step back next season. They can potentially lose their 3 best player in a single window if any of the big boys come calling. Think Kanté and Mahrez are definitely gone. Can maybe see Vardy staying because strikers can often have flash in the pan seasons and then return to their normal (average) form after they get a move.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think Leicester will surely take a massive step back next season. They can potentially lose their 3 best player in a single window if any of the big boys come calling. Think Kanté and Mahrez are definitely gone. Can maybe see Vardy staying because strikers can often have flash in the pan seasons and then return to their normal (average) form after they get a move.

It doesn't help that Kante already said he won't commit and even Ranieri said they're powerless to stop him leaving. What big club would ever be 'resigned' to losing one of their most important players? Agree about Vardy, think he'll stay out of sentiment and also he'll be indebted to them just as much as they are to him. For a lot of these guys, they'll have no experience of managing european and domestic duties. Sure they'll get a few shrewd signings, maybe some older CL veterans in their late 30s? 

I hope they can stay consistent and be there fighting next season, but they're going to keep the underdog label unless they get a financial sugar daddy this year. 

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if this is true:

Leicester midfielder N'Golo Kante thought be available for £20million as PSG, Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea chase him

•  

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3538609/Leicester-midfielder-N-Golo-Kante-thought-available-20million-PSG-Arsenal-Tottenham-Chelsea-chase-him.html#ixzz45kXkKxmq 

26 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Leicester midfielder N'Golo Kante thought be available for £20million as PSG, Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea chase him

•  

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3538609/Leicester-midfielder-N-Golo-Kante-thought-available-20million-PSG-Arsenal-Tottenham-Chelsea-chase-him.html#ixzz45kXkKxmq 

Unfortunately PSG, Spurs, Arse and Leicester are going to play in the Champions League next season, so i think we are underdogs in this case.

12 hours ago, Fernando said:

•  

£20m is such a steal we need to get him at that price