N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

7 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

If this gets wrapped up in the next 72 hours and the next two targets are pursued, Chelsea will have gotten off to a good start.

This market is crazier than ever before; better hurry.

This is dangerously optimistic talk. :)

As I commented a couple of months ago, we're in a tough spot. We face the most competitive transfer market in history, at a moment when our club is less attractive to potential recruits than it has been at any time since Roman's arrival and yet we need a major injection of talent. Like all of us, I have my hopes but this is inevitably going to be a bumpy ride.

13 minutes ago, Leif said:

I'm officially out of touch with football, something's changed. Why would a player whose release clause is 20m cost us 35m?

The release clause serves as a baseline. It's the minimum a club will have to pay to sign him away from Liecester. If more than one club triggers it with £20m, they'll then have to start going higher in a bidding war.

The release clause serves as a baseline. It's the minimum a club will have to pay to sign him away from Liecester. If more than one club triggers it with £20m, they'll then have to start going higher in a bidding war.

I'm confused, isn't it once we triggered the release clause the power will be shifted to the player himself?

For example we bid 20m and whatever club bids 35m, and Kante agrees personal deal with us, we still can't have him?

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

That's not true. No club will pay more than the clause. It's up to the player now to pick who he wants to go to. He will go to the team who offers the most money/the most opportunity.

7 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

I'm confused, isn't it once we triggered the release clause the power will be shifted to the player himself?

For example we bid 20m and whatever club bids 35m, and Kante agrees personal deal with us, we still can't have him?

I would think in that case it's completely up to Liecester. Unless they're really, really nice and want to make things easy for Kante by allowing him to choose, they really have no reason to sell for a lower amount.

If we bid the £20m and another club bids £30m but Kante only wants Chelsea we kind of have to hope Liecester doesn't play hardball and allows him to go where he wants rather than to the highest bidder. We'd also have to hope that another club doesn't get in his head after we've already bid and sways him their way. 

6 minutes ago, Kieran. said:

That's not true. No club will pay more than the clause. It's up to the player now to pick who he wants to go to. He will go to the team who offers the most money/the most opportunity.

That's not how I interpreted that article but maybe (I hope) you're right.

Don't think his clause is a traditional release clause - seems that rather than being forced to accept a £20m offer, Leicester are obligated to accept the highest offer over £20m.. Keeps the player happy and the club get maximum funds.

Would love to see this deal go through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Tell us?

In which case, we do not have to sell him. We only have to accept the highest bid, that currently stands at £35m and could rise quite easily. Matt Law will be getting his info your end not ours and won't have any idea what we'll accept. We do not want to lose him and the owners will fight all the way to keep him, these are not Southampton type owners, happy to cash in on assets.

It's very much wishful thinking on the part of Chelsea that they believe we'll bend over for you because the player might want to go. That brings me onto another point, I have strong suspicions that this is very much his agent angling for a move.

Everything we know about the lad from his time here and his time elsewhere is that he's a very shy and quiet sort. Keeps his head down, wouldn't say boo to a goose. He drives around in a Mini, wasn't interested in forcing a move from his last club unless they agreed a fee. Just a really sound, nice bloke... not your typical footballer chasing the cash or causing problems to get a move etc. He was also an Arsenal fan as a kid. Him "picking" Chelsea just seems a bit of an odd one, at this moment in time. No affiliation with you guys and no champions league this year with plenty of other interest around. Stinks a bit of agent manipulation to me at the moment.

We had the same with Vardy, agent touting him around to all and sundry. Agent strikes up a deal after someone bites, when it's in the players hands... he decides he doesn't want to move. So I would take everything with a pinch of salt at the minute, even if Matt knows his stuff and it looks like it's pointing in one direction.

As for the Chinese club bidding for him, strong suspicions there also that we might be using them to drive up the price. Sven is there and despite his sacking, he's still in contact with the owners and still very good friends. Don't be shocked that should you match them the price doesn't jump up again.

If he does end up with you, I'd wish him all the best. Very disappointed he wouldn't give us one more year, but the lad is dynamite.

13 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

In which case, we do not have to sell him. We only have to accept the highest bid, that currently stands at £35m and could rise quite easily. Matt Law will be getting his info your end not ours and won't have any idea what we'll accept. We do not want to lose him and the owners will fight all the way to keep him, these are not Southampton type owners, happy to cash in on assets.

It's very much wishful thinking on the part of Chelsea that they believe we'll bend over for you because the player might want to go. That brings me onto another point, I have strong suspicions that this is very much his agent angling for a move.

Everything we know about the lad from his time here and his time elsewhere is that he's a very shy and quiet sort. Keeps his head down, wouldn't say boo to a goose. He drives around in a Mini, wasn't interested in forcing a move from his last club unless they agreed a fee. Just a really sound, nice bloke... not your typical footballer chasing the cash or causing problems to get a move etc. He was also an Arsenal fan as a kid. Him "picking" Chelsea just seems a bit of an odd one, at this moment in time. No affiliation with you guys and no champions league this year with plenty of other interest around. Stinks a bit of agent manipulation to me at the moment.

We had the same with Vardy, agent touting him around to all and sundry. Agent strikes up a deal after someone bites, when it's in the players hands... he decides he doesn't want to move. So I would take everything with a pinch of salt at the minute, even if Matt knows his stuff and it looks like it's pointing in one direction.

As for the Chinese club bidding for him, strong suspicions there also that we might be using them to drive up the price. Sven is there and despite his sacking, he's still in contact with the owners and still very good friends. Don't be shocked that should you match them the price doesn't jump up again.

If he does end up with you, I'd wish him all the best. Very disappointed he wouldn't give us one more year, but the lad is dynamite.

1.Then why didn't Leicester fight to keep Vardy?

2.Leicester is not a club that can reject a offer of 25m.

3.Kante rejected Leicester's 100k per week contract and he clearly wants to leave.

4.There is no source that reported that Kante is a Arsenal fan and if so that doesn't matter there are alot of players who support other clubs but sign for someone else like Cuadrado who is a Man Utd fan but signed for Chelsea.

1 minute ago, Chelsea4 said:

1.Then why didn't Leicester fight to keep Vardy?

2.Kante rejected Leicester's 100k per week contract and he clearly wants to leave.

3.There is no source that reported that Kante is a Arsenal fan and if so that doesn't matter there are alot of players who support other clubs but sign for someone else like Cuadrado who is a Man Utd fan but signed for Chelsea.

He's implying that his agent told him to reject it so that he could get a better deal at Leicester and he never intended on moving, similarly to the Vardy situation with Arsenal.

Just now, Dazzy_Vance said:

He's implying that his agent told him to reject it so that he could get a better deal at Leicester and he never intended on moving, similarly to the Vardy situation with Arsenal.

Leicster can't offer more than Chelsea.

4 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

Leicster can't offer more than Chelsea.

They don't necessarily have to offer more than us, they just need to make an offer the player will accept.

Kante may, for example, be happy there, he may have a sense of gratitude to Leicester for the boost they've given his career, he may not want to put up with the negativity of fans if he moves, or with being thought of as a traitor by his Leicester team mates. Any number of possible reasons he might accept less to play for Leicester than he might earn elsewhere. I don't believe he will, but it's possible.