Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

Batshuayi admits that belief has been returned to his game, with Chelsea having prevented him from building up any momentum during his time in England.

“It wasn’t always easy at Chelsea. I’m now playing with a lot of confidence,” he told Sporzaafter bagging a brace in a 3-2 Europa League win for Dortmund over Atalanta on Thursday.

“Sitting on the bench, score a goal and then back to the bench is quite difficult to deal with for an attacker.”

He's a good finisher granted, but that's about all, and in a team like ours which is more defensive in it's approach, he would often be a liability, because you gotta contribute something more than that, in our teams Strikers don't have the Liberty to be just poachers.

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Batshuayi admits that belief has been returned to his game, with Chelsea having prevented him from building up any momentum during his time in England.

“It wasn’t always easy at Chelsea. I’m now playing with a lot of confidence,” he told Sporzaafter bagging a brace in a 3-2 Europa League win for Dortmund over Atalanta on Thursday.

“Sitting on the bench, score a goal and then back to the bench is quite difficult to deal with for an attacker.”

All is said. Bats is a great young player with past achievements in Belgium and France and he will success in Germany as well. Conte preferred to humiliate him instead and eventually kicked him out as he did with Diego. Hopefully, Abramovich was not that stupid and blocked permanent move. Conte has his preferences, Morata, Bakayoko, Cahill, fair enough, but he will be accountable at the end.

And what was Conte supposed to do? Bench Costa, one of the best strikers in the world because Batshuayi scored against Brendford in the FA Cup? Or bench Morata, who's clearly a more useful player than Michy and has been consistent in his game ever since his debut? 

Batshuayi's problem is that he was not good enough to be the main striker. You cannot score sitters against Bristol and then expect to be in the first 11 the week after. He needs to become consistent, strong and to get shit done when no one else can. He had his chances to do that, but he never did. Even when he scored (like the brace against Newcastle), his display was poor, no involvement whatsoever, no strength. 

Maybe he's never going to make it here, maybe we're not a good fit for him. Who knows? But blaming Conte for not playing Bats over Costa or Morata is naive in my opinion. No manager in the world would've done that. 

8 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

He had a good game overall but also ...

MHav69.gif

When you sum the team values of Hamburg and Atalanta you get something like Southampton or West Ham. I am glad that he is scoring goals but I will be more impressed when he plays well against better oppositions.

The difference was, by the time he left, conte wasn't even starting him against the likes of those teams in the league.

9 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

The difference was, by the time he left, conte wasn't even starting him against the likes of those teams in the league.

Hamburg's squad value is equal to Fulham and Middlesborogh. So there are no teams like Hamburg in PL. :D

9 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Hamburg's squad value is equal to Fulham and Middlesborogh. So there are no teams like Hamburg in PL. :D

I still remember the youth we sold to Hamburg. 

Total crap. 

Since then the quality of our younger players has gone up. 

Glad for michy but did anybody watch the game? 

Did his link up play improve?  I haven't watched dortmund game for a while but I watched abumeyang play for Arsenal and he is not involve in the build up at all. If dortmund tactics is similar to that,  he will thrive. 

9 hours ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Terrible at identifying talent. Terrible man management. Poor team selections. Poor tactics. So what, he got lucky with the league when we didn’t have European fixtures, but now he is taking us backwards.

oh gosh :doh:

21 hours ago, LAM09 said:
22 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:
That's a cracking goal. However many goals he scores though, loaning him out was the best thing Chelsea could do. He wasn't trusted by Conte and wasn't getting regular games. Playing and scoring goals for a big club in a competitive league can only do his confidence wonders and help his continual development.
If he comes back next season full of confidence and a breath of fresh air, our crop of strikers alongside Morata and Giroud could suddenly look the strongest it's been for a long time.

I agree but don't expect much to change if Conte stays.

Do you honestly believe it is a realistic possibility? 

Tbf hes showed more at Dortmund in 3 games than he did here in 18 months. Not hard as he didn't exactly do anything spectacular here, fair enough he had limited minutes but he looked extremely poor bar maybe 3 games here. Will he have a future here? Maybe but hes not going to be playing every week regardless, so if he needs regular matches to show hes a good player then he has no chance. 

6 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
3 hours ago, Henrique said:
Do you honestly believe it is a realistic possibility? 

All depends on how he does in the CL tbh

I think even if he wins CL he will leave. He will want to leave on a high. At this point I'm convinced both parts don't want to work together anymore. Working for a club like Chelsea must be pretty stressful. If he win CL with only one more year left in his contract, then he got nothing else to win with Chelsea anyway. Perfect time for finding another challenge. 

1 hour ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

He doesn't fit here. Just sell him for 40-60M to Dortmund where he can bang in 40 goals every season. Everybody happy.

No way on earth Dortmund are shelling out that type of money. Sold Auba & Dembele for almost £200m and they ended up getting a CF on loan