Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

27 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Indeed. Acting like a child on Twitter. When he addresses EA Sports to make his stats better after a goal, then EA should be addressed to lower his stats, too.

Based on today's performance, Batshuayi certainly gave Torres a run for his money. Static, can't keep the ball, brushed aside so easily etc.

Not the type of player our team needs, can't help in the build up for the love of god. Still a good option to have on the bench this season to help in difficult games when we have to attack.

I respect Conte though, Michy deserved to start in the last two games considering his work in the pre season and he god his chance.

2 hours ago, spyros_cfc said:

He had pretty much the same performace in our last match against Arsenal. This kid is brainless. I dont care whether he is talented or not. He is average in many aspects of the game, if not all.

It is not that he is much of a talent anymore either. He older than me.

He was prolific for Marseille but he does not really seem to have made the step up the this level. He was decent against games vs the lesser sides towards the end of last season but I somehow get now why he has not been selected before we won the league. He might be useful against lower league sides in the cup competitions but that is about it. I am not sure if we are gonna bring in a back up striker as there are more pressing positions to fill right now but boy. 

Dreadful, absolutely dreadful. The worst performance I've seen from a Chelsea striker in a long while. Hold up play and movement non existent. His first touch would have put Costa's and Lukaku's combined to shame. 

We were playing with 10 men from the first minute.

He has nothing number-nine-ish in himself. In some odd game he can score wonders, but week-in week-out, he just can't. Not a number 9, not anything near.

It will maybe be better for himself to reinvent in second-striker, to work on his dribbling, speed etc. Just can't see him as a striker.

Batshuayi apologised to Chelsea fans after the game and promised the Blues faithful it would not happen again.

"Terrible performance today & a lot of things to work on, i wont hide... but its just day one & the journey to the title is long 💪"

Kinda refreshing to admit it, tho maybe if he stayed off media abit more it may help him on the pitch lol

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/13/video-michy-batshuayi-appears-to-troll-referee-as-he-substituted-during-chelsea-defeat-6848694/#ixzz4pd0qcnbe

15 hours ago, Hybrid Angel said:

Dreadful, absolutely dreadful. The worst performance I've seen from a Chelsea striker in a long while. Hold up play and movement non existent. His first touch would have put Costa's and Lukaku's combined to shame. 

We were playing with 10 men from the first minute.

I've seen worse much worse:(. He's too easy to contain Michy always standing about a yard behind the centre back the difference between him and Morata was startling.

Batshuayi was awful, obviously, but after watching the game again (hell, it's Sunday) the difference of the whole team between the first and second half was just incredible, but most clear to see in the way the midfield pressed forward instead of just keeping position and letting the opposition come at them.

I still have faith in Batshuayi, just had a (horrible) offday!

The way people are so quick to turn on a player is amazing. He was poor yesterday but it was not helped by being reduced to 10 men. Morata was not looking exactly the part in pre-season despite being played out of position and I remember people commenting on here then saying after Arsenal game that they don't think he is going to be a success here. Suddenly Morata comes on yesterday and scores a goal and assists now people are all complimenting him and turning on Bats. If we were playing with 11 yesterday for whole game, I am sure he would have improved and probably got a goal. Let the season carry on and see how he bides in. People are way too harsh.

2 hours ago, Stats said:

The way people are so quick to turn on a player is amazing. He was poor yesterday but it was not helped by being reduced to 10 men. Morata was not looking exactly the part in pre-season despite being played out of position and I remember people commenting on here then saying after Arsenal game that they don't think he is going to be a success here. Suddenly Morata comes on yesterday and scores a goal and assists now people are all complimenting him and turning on Bats. If we were playing with 11 yesterday for whole game, I am sure he would have improved and probably got a goal. Let the season carry on and see how he bides in. People are way too harsh.

Im not expecting him to be amazing, but he conceded a turnover almost everytime he went near the ball and that was the main reason we couldn't sustain any real attacking momentum until Alvaro came on. I know it's only one game but the difference i felt when he came on was almost as big as the Torres/Costa difference.

He was terrible yesterday, but it wasn't close to a representation as to who he is as a player. 

He is far better than that. He generally is quite competent with his first touch and his link up play is of a high standard. 

I think nerves got the better of him, and that is what it can be put down to. Saying that, Morata's skillset would be better suited to this team judging off what we've seen. Even in the preseason, his hold up and build up play made us look good. Bats is just lacking that little bit extra in his game at this point. Has all the physical tools to succeed though. 

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Im not expecting him to be amazing, but he conceded a turnover almost everytime he went near the ball and that was the main reason we couldn't sustain any real attacking momentum until Alvaro came on. I know it's only one game but the difference i felt when he came on was almost as big as the Torres/Costa difference.

I agree but few weeks ago people were running wild when he scored a couple against Arsenal with some even saying he deserves to be starting for us now couple bad games with circumstances against us, people turn on him. Morata was a real difference. Not disputing that but people have to remember the league has just started and generally players are often rusty and need a few games to spur into action. e.g Harry Kane, notoriously bad at this stage of the season.