Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

8 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

Costa was a great servant for us & easily Top 3 strikers we've had in the last 20 years. I'm just sick of people pretending he suddenly wasn't an incredibly frustrating to watch when he wasn't scoring. The poor touches, dribbling into blind alleys, failing to spot easy passes etc

I disagree that when is not scoring he does not contribute. Technically he is very poor, I think everyone agree with you. But his overall game is better than you think, he press opp back line well, he run the channel hard to create space for our winger ( I want michy to do this) and he combine well with Fabregas and hazard in particular, it is just his technical ability that can be very frustrating at times. 

1 hour ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Poor today.

Still, probably has done enough to get the nod opening weekend over Morata who has shown little so far.

Nothing against u but post like This actually make my blood boil..... Morata has shown little so far? One game he started was out on the left wing OUT of position for a start. Then today the lad comes on and Pedro gets him self a red card, so we start sitting deep offering him to support at all, let's be fair to the lad he's come on in shit games at shit times and hasn't really been given a.chance. bats has started every game and impressed against arsenal first pre season game that's it. His link up play was dreadful today not to mention the fact he's greedy as fuck. 

13 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Nothing against u but post like This actually make my blood boil..... Morata has shown little so far? One game he started was out on the left wing OUT of position for a start. Then today the lad comes on and Pedro gets him self a red card, so we start sitting deep offering him to support at all, let's be fair to the lad he's come on in shit games at shit times and hasn't really been given a.chance. bats has started every game and impressed against arsenal first pre season game that's it. His link up play was dreadful today not to mention the fact he's greedy as fuck. 

Totally agree! Morata needs to start for sure.

2 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

Batsuayi looked poor but he's played this preseason. Would you throw away the preseason to start a guy instead who looks in over his head for his form at best, and terrified at worst?

I want him to come good because I wanted him more than Costa, but on pure form? Bats has at least earned himself 45 minutes up top vs Burnley. 

We are a week from the season starting and we have no clue as to who will be starting as out main man. Forget that we paid 70M for Morata, Batsuayhi has looked good, but that's it, we play with one man so there is a problem, not a good one because neither player has been brilliant.

20 minutes ago, lucashm said:

After his display today, he will definitely be on the way back to the bench for the next game. Morata will start.

His attitude is also extremely annoying. He has to man up and be a professional sometime. This mixture of social media figure/footballer/instagram celebrity (Pogba and shit) is fucking stupid. You are a professional on the pitch, you have to be focused and give your best. He is far from that.

6 hours ago, DDA said:

He just didn't make any intelligent runs today. Fabregas was still looking for Costa at times.

This. Michy is imo better finisher than Costa but he need to learn that in this team your role as a striker is not just to score. He need to learn to combine with wingers,  run the channel hard, drop deeper to give our mid passing outlet and don't just stay in the middle all the time, move. 

7 hours ago, Special Juan said:

We are a week from the season starting and we have no clue as to who will be starting as out main man. Forget that we paid 70M for Morata, Batsuayhi has looked good, but that's it, we play with one man so there is a problem, not a good one because neither player has been brilliant.

I really can seen Conte going Hazard, Willian, Pedro many times this season even if both Bats and Morata are available. 

I was very disappointed with his game, especially after Mertesacker was subbed. If Michy fails to make day miserable for players like Monreal and Holding then he can't get angry if Morata starts ahead of him soon.

He was up against 3 CBs though, our squad should've helped him a bit also.

15 hours ago, DDA said:

He just didn't make any intelligent runs today. Fabregas was still looking for Costa at times.

While I do find your post funny for Costa joke, I disagree. Morata had a good run which Willian found with outside of his boot, he had a nice chance with his head, and when Pedro was sent of, he was tasked with defensive duty which means all of his intelligent runs are at the opposite side to stop Arsenal from scoring 2nd goal. Remember back when he run back to cover LB position as Azpi was cought out of position. Not really he could've done anything tbh.