Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

Michy Batshuayi winning over Antonio Conte in battle for Chelsea first-team role

Simon Johnson seems quite sure that Batman is winning his battle to convince Antonio Conte and he should be part of Chelsea’s first-team squad this season.

13 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Michy Batshuayi winning over Antonio Conte in battle for Chelsea first-team role

Simon Johnson seems quite sure that Batman is winning his battle to convince Antonio Conte and he should be part of Chelsea’s first-team squad this season.

Key word there : squad, not starting 11 lol

21 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Costa might be a cunt, but lets stop the madness. Costa was one of the main reasons why this team won PL in 2015 and 2017. In the last season even after the China offer he declined in form but continued to scored some crucial goals.

Lets make no mistake, Morata is more skilled than Costa, but I think its time to people understand that we are weaker right now in terms of attacking power. 

A lot goes on that we don't see, yes Costa is a top class player, so you no for a fact something serious has gone down,.that's the only reason you ever get rid of top class players. Costa is not bigger than the club therefore he has to leave . We may we weaker we may not, nobody knows here for sure. Costa may of helped win the league, but let's not pretend he also nearly made us fuck it up, his form for the second half of the season shows a total lack of mentally.

By god I thought he was terrible today. He likes channel a certain swagger in his play but he contradicts it all with the continuous need to impress and worst of all impress only through goals. Michy shows a lot of potential in a lot of aspects that are important in a modern striker's game, but he seems to focus too much on scoring goals, a lot of times trying to do so even though other options are clearly more viable to take. I understood this last season as he barely played, but I didn't think it would continue after his terrific pre-season form. 

Today's performance wasn't very mature. I expect more from a man whose job is also to link up with very good players around him. Morata definitely needs to start up top against Arsenal.

Take Costa's mentality aside, he was one of worlds best players before january and even after january he helped with some crucial moments (but indeed was poor overall).

We had two world class attackers in Eden and Costa.

With Morata (and Bats) we improved character of our strikers, but not quality.

Some of you need to realise Costa was believe it or not world class striker overall last season and even tho I like Morata alot, we are weaker team ATM.

I do believe Michy and Morata will come good, but I doubt they will have same killer impact as Costa did (or Didi)

11 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Take Costa's mentality aside, he was one of worlds best players before january and even after january he helped with some crucial moments (but indeed was poor overall).

We had two world class attackers in Eden and Costa.

With Morata (and Bats) we improved character of our strikers, but not quality.

Some of you need to realise Costa was believe it or not world class striker overall last season and even tho I like Morata alot, we are weaker team ATM.

I do believe Michy and Morata will come good, but I doubt they will have same killer impact as Costa did (or Didi)

Think too early to judge anything now, no? If Morata and Batman could bang in 30+ goals, don't think we will miss Costa that much.

44 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

I agree with this, 100%. 

What people fail to realize about Costa was that his conversion rate during the first half of the season was hovering around 20-22% IIRC. 

3 reasons why this is huge.

1.) You'll only find World-Class strikers/wingers converting at that rate, and besides Messi/Ronaldo nobody else can maintain that rate for more than a few months, and then drop off.  

2.) It was the second time Costa's high conversion rate has essentially fired Chelsea to a title. 

3.) Costa wasn't converting tap-ins like Aubameyang or being presented with 5 chances a game ala Ronaldo. He was converting goals sometimes only having 2 legitimate shots an entire game. Just think of WBA at home. Or Middlesborough Away. The typical Costa performance. 

Say what you will about Costa and all the antics he caused, but any Striker that wins 2 PL Titles scoring 20 Goals in the league x2 is welcome in my book, technical defecinies and all. 

That's all well n good mate but costa doesn't want to be here, I guarantee if We kept him for another year he wouldn't produce anything near them numbers, unfortunately his heart isn't here, and if is heart isn't is head defiantly isn't.

2 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

That's all well n good mate but costa doesn't want to be here, I guarantee if We kept him for another year he wouldn't produce anything near them numbers, unfortunately his heart isn't here, and if is heart isn't is head defiantly isn't.

Never said anything about keeping him. It's clear he's gone. 

was watching highlights of Batshuayi pre season so far and its frustrating to watch at times, he´s always going for glory when passing to a team mate is clearly the much better option, i know he´s a striker, but he needs to be unselfish too, helping the team more, not just scoring but bringing other players in to play and opening spaces, clearly something he needs to work on and improve if he wants to thrive here. He´s got age and time on his side, but needs to focus more and not try so hard all the time to impress, when things dont go his way he starts sulking on the pitch, but i have to admire his never say die attitude, he just needs to seize his chances more often when they come, otherwise he will start seeing more of the bench soon. Cheers

Michy had a great game no idea what match you lot were watching. He even scored a great goal that clearly should've stood. 7 (2 wrongly disallowed) goals & 3 assists in 4 games.

Lol @ the usual suspects overrating Costa by the way. I knew this would happen. Michy will shut you all up in no time.

11 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

was watching highlights of Batshuayi pre season so far and its frustrating to watch at times, he´s always going for glory when passing to a team mate is clearly the much better option, i know he´s a striker, but he needs to be unselfish too, helping the team more, not just scoring but bringing other players in to play and opening spaces, clearly something he needs to work on and improve if he wants to thrive here. He´s got age and time on his side, but needs to focus more and not try so hard all the time to impress, when things dont go his way he starts sulking on the pitch, but i have to admire his never say die attitude, he just needs to seize his chances more often when they come, otherwise he will start seeing more of the bench soon. Cheers

The only way to get that out of his system is by letting him play and make those mistakes. Experience is key.

Even with those few frustrating moments he's been our best player during this pre-season. I honestly can't wait to see him being given a run of games that actually count.

3 hours ago, Amblève. said:

The only way to get that out of his system is by letting him play and make those mistakes. Experience is key.

Even with those few frustrating moments he's been our best player during this pre-season. I honestly can't wait to see him being given a run of games that actually count.

no doubt he´s been our best player so far in pre season, he will correct those mistakes with time, i really want him to succeed here at Chelsea. Cheers

12 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

Michy had a great game no idea what match you lot were watching. He even scored a great goal that clearly should've stood. 7 (2 wrongly disallowed) goals & 3 assists in 4 games.

Lol @ the usual suspects overrating Costa by the way. I knew this would happen. Michy will shut you all up in no time.

I really want Michy to succeed, but those stats you put up don't mean much.

Its about as useful as saying Mikel has a better pass completion rate than Fabregas. Of course Costa (and by extension Zaha in your example) are going to get dispossessed more often than not, simply because they attempt more take-on's. They may not be the best at it ala Hazard, but their successful take-on's can help.

Anyway, I'm assuming you were being serious when you put up those figures and not just trolling with Michy's detractors (in which case nvm)