Kalidou Koulibaly

the wes

If we sign him I hope we immediately then go and sign a fullback next. A new striker is the last thing we should worry about before the deadline.

Even with Koulibaly I'd worry about the defense a bit with Ivanovic back there. Think about all the top class left sided wide players he'd have to go against. Martial, Sanchez, Sterling. Leicester would probably put Mahrez on him. He'll be ripped to shreds.

I wonder what would have happened if we paid the asking price weeks ago? 

You know before they sold Higuaín. 

That's the difference between what juventus did and us. They go early and get things done. 

Now we are panicking and paying much more for leaving it this late. 

Second season in a role they do this. I wonder how they keep their job if they do the same mistake back to back...... 

1 hour ago, LDN Blue said:

You're assuming this club is sane enough to a. Recall Christensen and integrate him & b. We don't sign someone to replace all 3 anyway! 

..I admire your optimism but don't share it :lol: 

Why not? The last loanee this far ahead in his loan programme was Courtois, and we benched a still high performing Petr Cech to play him.

He has experience playing in a back three, Antonio I believe wants to play that system in the long run, I will be amazed if he is not here next August.

Why just not include a player. The club has so many players in the squad and loans them every year. Why not just try to give them for example, Moses or Atsu+Money. In Seria A a lot of big teams using this system. 

I don't know why individually we want this guy, it'll be for different reasons for each of us i'm sure, but the pros I see are pace, strength, physical presence, ball distribution, positioning, anticipation. Bare with me here. 

Azpilicueta offers all that bar the physical presence (yet he's taller than Cannavaro & the same as Puyol.) I really think we already have the ingredients all here, but the wrong recipe. Azpi / Christensen/Zouma could work wonders theoretically, I really believe so. I've so much faith in Azpi and I know when he loses his pace he'll slip into centre back for whoever we eventually offload him to. Let's start the party early and get him in there. Splash this cash on new staff members. 

Why just not include a player. The club has so many players in the squad and loans them every year. Why not just try to give them for example, Moses or Atsu+Money. In Seria A a lot of big teams using this system. 

Just now, Liuxas said:

:doh:

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Why not? The last loanee this far ahead in his loan programme was Courtois, and we benched a still high performing Petr Cech to play him.

General pessimism mostly. I see either the German club buying him outright or us sending him elsewhere for any number of unexplained reasons. Look forward to being proved wrong however..

12 minutes ago, Liuxas said:

Why would they even want those players?

4 hours ago, RuudiGullit said:

LOL 60 million pounds.....holy fucking shit. If De Laurentiis still rejects this: he's gay for K2.

Also, does this confirms that Roman is a TalkChelsea user? Hahahaha 
Get this done please. 

Except that it's probably NOT 60 mil pounds because the English-speaking media over there don't know WTF to do with currency numbers when talking football transfers.

Anyone who believes this ridiculous rhetoric that "Chelsea are going to go back in and bid £60m!" You either are new to the whole transfer window thing or extremely naive.

Think logically for a second. If Chelsea were to table a bid for player X, in this case Koulibaly, why on earth would they let that info out to the press before an approach is even made? You think clubs are gonna use the media to test the waters before making a bid?

"So Adam Burt here's what we're considering doing, we're gonna bid 60m for Koulibaly. We haven't spoken to Napoli but we wanted you to know that that is our intention."

Anytime you read anything that says 'about to table an offer for' or 'have agreed personal terms but the clubs are still negotiating a fee' or 'unwilling to meet buyout fee' you can bet your house the article is designed for click bait.

Bids for a certain amount don't 'about' to happen. If you notice DiMarzio's posts he tells you exactly when an offer has been made and for how much. None of this "Chelsea are willing to spend up to..." Bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

Very good sign....

napoli.jpg

Funny you posted this. Was just about to post how Napoli fans are banging on about Maksimovic being Albiol's replacement and not K2's. Seems they have as much of an idea as we do regarding this transfer.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You