Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Kalidou Koulibaly

the wes
Followers 3

1 hour ago, James said:

Seriously don't know why Mustafi is rated highly here, he's a decent player coming of a poor season with Valencia, don't get the fuss.

He's bang average imo. He always needs an aggressive defender with him to perform. We are in need of a proactive and aggressive center back and that's obvious in the names we've been linked to: Koulibaly, Manolas, etc are all aggressive defenders who also like to arry the ball out from the back.

Kisskissnapoli(?) seems like a shit source tbh, but if they're right about Napoli not wanting to sell we should move on to to an alternative like Maksimovic himself.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I heard the Koulibaly will play football in a team this season #CFC

Jesus, this forum makes me want to barf at times. A reliable source reports we've made contacts. No reaction.   Shit source says EVERTON will outbid us for him and everyone starts moaning. Y

You should turn off your bluetooth you will conserve more battery power.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, James said:

Seriously don't know why Mustafi is rated highly here, he's a decent player coming of a poor season with Valencia, don't get the fuss.

This. Would rather no one. Bang f***ing average.

5 hours ago, James said:

Because there is no other defender.

Sounds funny but it is true. 

• Like 1

Can't believe this guy signed from Genk in 2014 for 7 million and only has 6 caps, I REPEAT, 6 CAPS, for Senegal. How is this guy now valued at nearly £60 million? It is an absolute joke. Just give Tomori a chance at CB instead, fed up with having to pay over the odds for players. 

7 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Can't believe this guy signed from Genk in 2014 for 7 million and only has 6 caps, I REPEAT, 6 CAPS, for Senegal. How is this guy now valued at nearly £60 million? It is an absolute joke. Just give Tomori a chance at CB instead, fed up with having to pay over the odds for players. 

because he's the best defender in serie a by some accounts. and a once in a generation player, you are not likely to find another 6'5 guy who can run at speed and also produce quality with the ball

• Like 1

I dunno why but this has pissed me off. Hope he has an average season and Napoli reject not taking the money. 

Kalidou #Koulibaly ready to sign a new 5-year contract with #Napoli (worth €2m/year) after Sunday's match vs. #Pescara. (@Sport_Mediaset)

• Like 1
Napoli wants to keep him with 2 millions per season? Metzelder(METZELDER!!!) earned 4 million at Real like 10 years ago

€2 million a year net salary, before taxes that's almost 100K a week and I doubt he'd get much more than that at Chelsea either. Most new signings at Chelsea get around £80K a week at first and more if they extend couple years in.

Either way the wage is not the issue here, it's Napoli's unwilligness to sell. With the pay raise they have convinced Koulibaly to stay another year without making a fuss and most likely promised to let him go next year if he wants and a good enough offer comes in.

Oh well, time to move on it seems. Cheeky bid for Jose Fonte as a stopgap till next summer?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

So they rejected 60 million for him? With a not so bad replacement doing whatever he can to force the move? It's a pity for us, but Napoli are fools.

If it's true I believe we can hear it from Di Marzio. Ok, worst case scenario, sign Maksimovic. Forget about Marquinhos, if we can't sign fucking Koulibaly what makes you think PSG will sell us Marquinhos, it's not like they need the money is it.

because he's the best defender in serie a by some accounts. and a once in a generation player, you are not likely to find another 6'5 guy who can run at speed and also produce quality with the ball

So he was better than someone like Bonucci? I've heard the line 'best defender of the league' before, some time ago Bayern bought Benatia and it was a similar story, didn't go to well, didn't look that good outside of the league.

Anyway, Conte knows the league, he's hired because of his expertise. So let's see...

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Ryan Fong said:

If it's true I believe we can hear it from Di Marzio. Ok, worst case scenario, sign Maksimovic. Forget about Marquinhos, if we can't sign fucking Koulibaly what makes you think PSG will sell us Marquinhos, it's not like they need the money is it.

Maksimovic wants to stay in italy, so thats not happening either