Kalidou Koulibaly

the wes

Haven't seen enough of him to be honest. According to many in here he is pretty good with long balls which is exactly what we need. Besides that, how is his technique with the ball? Closer to Carvalho/Bonucci or closer to Zouma/Mangala?

2 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Haven't seen enough of him to be honest. According to many in here he is pretty good with long balls which is exactly what we need. Besides that, how is his technique with the ball? Closer to Carvalho/Bonucci or closer to Zouma/Mangala?

He has a physicality of Zouma/Mangala and a good technique for his size. Not quite Carvalho/Bonucci but could come close under the right coach. Conte would transform him in a total defender, I'm sure about this.

He has a physicality of Zouma/Mangala and a good technique for his size. Not quite Carvalho/Bonucci but could come close under the right coach. Conte would transform him in a total defender, I'm sure about this.

Second this. From what I've seen he is calm, strong yet fairly agile and already use the ball quite well. Definitely a late bloomer and he will only get better and better under Conte, no doubt about it.

4 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Nowhere near Bonucci but also nowhere near Mangala. In the middle IMO, maybe slightly towards Bonucci. Maksimovic is better on the ball than K2.

5 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Nowhere near Bonucci but also nowhere near Mangala. In the middle IMO, maybe slightly towards Bonucci. 

That's what I wanted to hear! Sounds like Christensen-Koulibaly-Zouma could be quite a complete defence if we ever want to try 3 at the back in the future.

7 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Nowhere near Bonucci but also nowhere near Mangala. In the middle IMO, maybe slightly towards Bonucci. Maksimovic is better on the ball than K2.

Couldn't disagree more.

Lots of reports from Napoli indicating K2 will renew with a clause of 60m with possibility to be activated next year. That's what De Laurentis trying to do. Koulibaly has the last word.

I think comparing Koulibaly to Bonucci from last season is kind of harsh. I don't watch Serie A much at all, but Bonucci is obviously the more seasoned defender and has grown into his role (helped with being coached by great coaches), whereas Koulibaly is still quite young (in defender age). It is similar to when people say Stones is shit, but fail to take his age into consideration and the coaches he's had (Moyes and Martinez are hardly great tactical minds), but under the right coach he can become a top centre back in the future. 

1 minute ago, It's too big said:

I think comparing Koulibaly to Bonucci from last season is kind of harsh. I don't watch Serie A much at all, but Bonucci is obviously the more seasoned defender and has grown into his role (helped with being coached by great coaches), whereas Koulibaly is still quite young (in defender age). 

Agree with you. Just trying to show he's not inferior to (almost) anyone. Big plus is that one is Juventus player (Bonucci) a club maybe 2-3 teams have beaten in CL in last 2 years and other plays for Napoli ( K2). And don't forget Antonio Conte's quote how Koulibaly is the best defender in Italy. Certainly all of this doesn't mean nothing if we somehow get this guy and doesn't fit for example like Shevchenko.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You