Kalidou Koulibaly

the wes

1 hour ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

And how important is the skill of being a ball playing CB? Moreover what do you value more a ball playing CB(Stones) or a rock to build a defense around (Koulibaly)?

In my opinion we need both but without question the more important attribute is ball winner with pace and strength. We have Christensen coming back and by all accounts he's a ball playing CB and won't cost 50m

Where I do agree with what you're saying I do think we just MIGHT have a prob with K2.

I love that the guys just a rock hard man mountain and I dont see alot getting by the lad

BUT thats exactly how I see Happy.

IS K2 going to be a bigger version of Happy?

Happy is great at winning balls and making short passes to get out of trouble. What he/WE need is a partner for him to get the ball to to create iffensive passes and take the ball up with him.

I made this comment earlier in the thread and was reliably told by someone who watches K2 that I needn't worry as he was very good at mid to long range passes tho he didn't mention running with the ball.

12 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Where I do agree with what you're saying I do think we just MIGHT have a prob with K2.

I love that the guys just a rock hard man mountain and I dont see alot getting by the lad

BUT thats exactly how I see Happy.

IS K2 going to be a bigger version of Happy?

Happy is great at winning balls and making short passes to get out of trouble. What he/WE need is a partner for him to get the ball to to create iffensive passes and take the ball up with him.

I made this comment earlier in the thread and was reliably told by someone who watches K2 that I needn't worry as he was very good at mid to long range passes tho he didn't mention running with the ball.

He's great at carrying the ball past a few opponents and then laying it off for offensive players. definitely has more of a forward drive than happy.

Funny thing is, people who said we should have got a CB in for pre season, well we did, but unfortunately that particular rug got pulled from under our feet as he done his ACL.

Whats even more ironic however, is no one fucking wanted him :lol:

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Funny thing is, people who said we should have got a CB in for pre season, well we did, but unfortunately that particular rug got pulled from under our feet as he done his ACL.

Whats even more ironic however, is no one fucking wanted him :lol:

Was saying the exact same thing a couple weeks ago. Got no response from the peanut gallery

Napoli not wanting to sell him to us might be a blessing in disguise for us IMO. Nothing that I've read and seen from KK has convinced me of him being a good enough CB for nowadays' football and with Zouma/Terry/Cahill(/Ivanovic) as the current other options at CB our play from the back would continue to be abysmal, to put it mildly.

I don't get this club's love affair with technically poor players. I really don't.

This is getting ridiculous. Have people here even watched Koulibaly play? To put Koulibaly's ball playing abilities in the same category as Terry's or Cahill's is an insult.

Koulibaly IS a very good ball playing defender. He can carry the ball out from the back past another player or two and give to an offensive midfielder quickly. He can also hit accurate long balls once in a while. Terry and Cahill can't even move the ball forward.

7 hours ago, Fernando said:

Don't think people should put so much future on zouma till after his back in form. 

Because a very bad injury like that is sometimes a career killer. 

I agree look at essien for example he wasn't never the same after his injuries 

5 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

We should play with Napoli till last day, then pay whatever price for Koulibaly, hijack Maksimovic deal the same second and when Napoli would be panicking, we should offer De Laurentis our very own Hector for 30m. 

Unfortunately these are serious people, dealing with serious amounts of money, and they know their business.

If Maksimovic to Napoli is an Intragal part of Di Laurentis being prepared to sell Koulibally to us then, we can rest assured that it will be covered in the transfer contract between Chelsea and Napoli.

52 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Lol That's the shirt number I have him wear on my fifa season has chelsea

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You