Kalidou Koulibaly

the wes

On 8/2/2016 at 5:29 PM, Tomo said:

We are in an unbelievably competitive market, this isn't like 2005 when we had first dibs on all the just below first tier talent (ie, not Zidane, Nesta, Ronaldinho etc etc), we have three teams in England alone competing with us tightly, not to mention numerous clubs abroad who can match us financially, we can't just click our fingers and sign players anymore.

Because they want to keep onto their player, especially after losing Higuain for a crazy amount, it's not exactly money they need. 

It's a shitty situation for Chelsea and the supporters right, extremely frustrating to look at the transfer dealings right now. But I can hardly blame Napoli for not wanting to let all their best players go, and at the very least, if they do plan to sell in the end, squeeze as many millions out of Chelsea as possible.

Would it have really hurt us if we just 'payed the damn fee'? We low-balled for two months and still ended up getting ripped off. Would have much rather had payed the money for him early so he could mold with the team by now. 

Our board never seems to learn. Get the business done early and you don't end up chucking stupid panic bids like the ones we did for Marquinhos last season. 

Napoli got 90m for Higuain. Let that sink in. Obviously they will push for twice of how much Koulibaly is actualy worth.

But its up to our club to pay the price. Either pay whatever they want or move on. This is getting ridiculous that we chase players for weeks, only to end up with nothing, because we are ready to throw 40m, but not 50m. And then the ''alternative'' is Djilobodji.

6 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

£50m for him. I think we're now at the desperation stage

I think we have Cahill, Ivanovic and a 36-year-old Terry as our defenders with Ola Aina as back-up to them. I also think we don't have Champions League.

Arsene Wenger: "The value of a player is dependent on his talent, the expected strengthening of the team, his age and of course his resale value. "

I think we have Cahill, Ivanovic and a 36-year-old Terry as our defenders with Ola Aina as back-up to them. I also think we don't have Champions League.

Arsene Wenger: "The value of a player is dependent on his talent, the expected strengthening of the team, his age and of course his resale value. "

We're are dealing with one of the worst owners in Europe, so that has more to do with the inflation than a Wenger quote.

17 minutes ago, Hybrid Angel said:

Would it have really hurt us if we just 'payed the damn fee'? We low-balled for two months and still ended up getting ripped off. Would have much rather had payed the money for him early so he could mold with the team by now. 

Our board never seems to learn. Get the business done early and you don't end up chucking stupid panic bids like the ones we did for Marquinhos last season. 

Conte confirmed 4 months before the start of the season, Kante and Batschuayi signed before the start of pre-season.

Your argument is flawed.

19 minutes ago, Hybrid Angel said:

I think thats a really simplistic way to look at transfer negotiations. If a club doesn't wan't to sell a player they aren't going to opening put a price tag on his head. Napoli know we need a CB so why would they accept our first few offers. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You