Kalidou Koulibaly

the wes

3 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

We've been fucked by Napoli, who would have thought of that? Hopefully we have a plan C. Although I can't see now who could we bring in, Lindelof?

Plan C is crossing our fingers and hoping Zouma will be alright :D

9 minutes ago, James said:

Reports saying he's going to sign a new contract with a 45 million release clause and that he'll stay for another season and most likely leave next summer. 

Thats that then. 

Who is reporting that ? 

9 hours ago, Beepu said:

I'm sure it bothers most of us here as much as it bothers you. Nobody wants to see our beloved club fail. I can be honest and say that sometimes when I think about Chelsea's situation it brings down my mood a little bit for like a few minutes. But that is as far as it goes, it's just football and life goes on.

As fans we can only support the team starting against West Ham and hope for the best.

And more importantly:

post-30371-I-suggest-you-stop-whining-li

So if you're so inured to the Chelsea situation, what causes you to come on the forum and post this as a response to someone else's post?

Like I said about what his agent said yesterday: it has renewal written all over it.

So offer De Laurentiis 55 million and sign him up. We need new defenders. 

If Koulibaly stays at Napoli and Mustafi joins Arsenal: we're fucked. It makes next year a new "in between year". 

Many reports stating that De Laurentiis wants to keep him for another year, offering him a new contract with an agreement that he will be allowed to leave Napoli next summer. Probably a release clause or something.

It all depends on Koulibaly...but I really fear we are going to miss out on him. If so, the club needs to recall Christensen en pay Borussia Mönchengladbach a big nice fee. If we're ending up with Cahill and JT and the injured Zouma the club loses all it's credibility....what's left of it.  

If this transfer fails then the board has failed if they cannot bring in suitable secondary options. The back line was atrocious last year and the board failed to bring in a replacement as they whiffed. A second year of not bringing in a few defenders would be a colossal failure.

With a few additions on the back club this team is capable of challenging for the title. Without them this team will likely finish upper table but out of champions league spots.

FFS. This new contract extension with release clause for next summer sounds too sensible.

Napoli give themself a year to find replacement and Koulibaly is happy because he has rise and a transfer next year.

Hopefully Chelsea have offered pure gold to his agent, don't underestimate power of agents these days.

14 hours ago, nono said:

It's just the excitement of preseason. Last season we were really shit for long periods and I didn't even post that much here. I've been on this board a long while and really don't have that many posts. I've been watching the team for a long time (since 2003 when Abramovich first came) and if it gets really unbearable this season (i.e. we buy Lukaku) I'll just turn the television off and excuse myself from this forum as well. I feel there are things about the team and the modern game that are very upsetting and I feel that there are people on every team's forum who support teams at all costs just so they can brag that they are 'true' supporters. I feel that what makes this forum really unique is we can all voice our criticisms unlike places like Redcafe, RAWK or BlueMoon where every criticizing get censured for being a windup, or being a rag in disguise etc. 

Dont get me wrong mate, critiscm and different opinions I warmly welcome, i would always respect and take in others opinions even if it's worlds away from mine.l, ID often give a strong counter argument but that's what this place is about.

Posts like fuck of Emenalo when a shitty source links Koulibaly to Everton is what grates me, aswell as people that only ever post moaning posts, I mean even Lionsden made one positive post out of ten.

36 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

FFS. This new contract extension with release clause for next summer sounds too sensible.

Napoli give themself a year to find replacement and Koulibaly is happy because he has rise and a transfer next year.

Yep, more than likely to happen. The player will still get a move to some top club next year and neither Napoli, Koulibaly or his agent will give a fuck if Chelsea don't have a plan B, they don't owe the club anything and couldn't care less how our season goes.

Question is, if he does indeed sign the extension what's next for Chelsea? It's not like there are many quality alternatives out there. The only one available that's even vaguely resembling a top class defender I can think of is Eliaquim Mangala, and would Man City agree a sale to a rival?

I can guarantee you guys that there's no player even close to Kalidou's quality we can buy if........ Watched him so many times and he's undiscovered diamond. Kalidou is the next thing. Forget about top names, won't come even if we're Real Madrid. 

16 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Would rather we show some faith in Timori if can't get this guy. I mean sure he's done well in Italy for the past season, but Timori has shown he can be relied upon. He may be young, but what does that matter if he's capable. 

I rate Timori to be world class and he could play right away but it's not gonna happen :(

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You