Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

Basically because Real Madrid signed Hazard and Courtois it’s a easy link to make its very rare for a English player to go to Real Madrid I wouldn’t worry. 

Beckham: was because of all the brand Beckham stuff 

Owen was because he had a year left on his contract and Liverpool didn’t want him so Madrid saw the opportunity to get a quality striker on a cheep deal. 

Rooney 

lampard 

Terry 

Ferdinand

A Cole 

All never went to Madrid when Interest was there. 

I wouldn’t worry

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Jason said:

Whats up with our board not being able to offer 6 year contracts, were already in the new season, so basically less than 5 year contracts offered. At least Tomori's one is being extended as well considering he has 2 years left. Hopefully James next.

6 hours ago, Nicco said:

Whats up with our board not being able to offer 6 year contracts, were already in the new season, so basically less than 5 year contracts offered. At least Tomori's one is being extended as well considering he has 2 years left. Hopefully James next.

For all the talk (correctly) about how badly United are run one thing they do get right is they put an extra year option on players contracts.

• 2 weeks later...

Played better today than in other weeks I felt. Goal and an assist will give him a bit more confidence but over the last few games I am still concerned with his hold up play. Although it has continuously improved but against a higher quality of opposotion like a City or a Liverpool it needs to stick because there will be times he will be the outball. Cant fault his workrate though and his performance was good. 

So so clumsy. He had 4 uncontested chances with his head, fucked up 2 one on ones and scuffed 2 more shots on the turn, one of which luckily turned to an assist. Any guy with a normal coordination would have scored a hattrick tonight. How can you be a professional footballer being this shit at headers?

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

That's why we need a top striker. 

Tammy can be good for back up. 

And this is based on what exactly? Him being the PL top scorer? Or one average showing in CL. Want to look at the club legend DD's performance against Barca in 08/09 semis and how many clear cut chances he missed. 

What Tammy "missed" today were 50-50 Chances. He was a nuisance to the ajax CBs who by the way both were red carded. 

5 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

And this is based on what exactly? Him being the PL top scorer? Or one average showing in CL. Want to look at the club legend DD's performance against Barca in 08/09 semis and how many clear cut chances he missed. 

What Tammy "missed" today were 50-50 Chances. He was a nuisance to the ajax CBs who by the way both were red carded. 

nope he missed a series of free headers. and he is not PL top scorer. But given the chances he had he should be. Only becasue DD made a meal out of that BArca semi which obviously was way mroe grave does not make Tammy good enough. 

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

nope he missed a series of free headers. and he is not PL top scorer. But given the chances he had he should be. Only becasue DD made a meal out of that BArca semi which obviously was way mroe grave does not make Tammy good enough. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Factually, that's wrong. Vardy is the top scorer with 10 goals. Abraham has 9.

My bad. The joint 2nd top scorer with 9 goals in 11 games with strikers like vardy, auba, kun in and around. Truly that company shows that he is "not good enough" 😂😂

Vardy 32, kun 31, auba 30 also have the advantage of having the age on their side compared to a 22 year old Tammy. 

Which free headers? Care to give a vid of those. My definition of free headers must be different since I saw him getting just ahead of defenders and infact making space for himself by really good runs.

11 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

My bad. The joint 2nd top scorer with 9 goals in 11 games with strikers like vardy, auba, kun in and around. Truly that company shows that he is "not good enough" 😂😂

Vardy 32, kun 31, auba 30 also have the advantage of having the age on their side compared to a 22 year old Tammy. 

Which free headers? Care to give a vid of those. My definition of free headers must be different since I saw him getting just ahead of defenders and infact making space for himself by really good runs.

care to give me videos of the headers being contested then.

he had massive height advantage about all ajax players, when he jumps for a ball that those cant reach and they do not engage him, it is a free header.  You can not possibly deny that he is absolutely wank at heading. 

For a tall striker being shit at heading like Peter Crouch can be your undoing. When you are this lanky your advantage in reach will be somewhat neutralized by taking longer to sort your feet out (unless you are a rare talent like Ibra). Today was an example of this. When you then also suck at heading you basically have no height advantage. Today Tammy's lack of coordination and heading ability cost us.

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

care to give me videos of the headers being contested then.

he had massive height advantage about all ajax players, when he jumps for a ball that those cant reach and they do not engage him, it is a free header.  You can not possibly deny that he is absolutely wank at heading. 

For a tall striker being shit at heading like Peter Crouch can be your undoing. When you are this lanky your advantage in reach will be somewhat neutralized by taking longer to sort your feet out (unless you are a rare talent like Ibra). Today was an example of this. When you then also suck at heading you basically have no height advantage. Today Tammy's lack of coordination and heading ability cost us.

Why should I give vids? I am not the one making exaggerated and OTT comments.

He had a poor game, but no doubt a lot of strikers have them. 

Saying that he is "not good enough" has got to be the stupidest thing I have heard, given how many goals he has scored. 

Also, just because he has height advantage does not mean all of his headers should be counted as free. Out of the top of my head I remember 3 of his headers in the 2nd half. The just one, the cross was behind him, he had to come back, could not generate enougb power. The 2nd one, low and ahead of the goal, got ahead of the defender but could not guide the ball on the angle. The 3rd one similar too.

Just because he is tall and lanky, does not mean, does not mean he is of the crouch mode. We have already seen how good he is with his feet. If not please refer to his goal and assist against Watford on Saturday.

True. Tammy cost us. Conceding 4 goals did not, alonso did not, to a certain extent kepa and azpi did not, but Tammy and his "free headers" did. God!!!!

And even if he actually had costed us today, he shown to be "good enough" on various other occasions and put in various other performances to nullify it. He is 22, it's was always going to be a learning curve. But to say that a player who has scored 9 goals in 11 PL games is "not good enough" is just ridiculous.