Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

The main difference between Oli and Tammy is that Oli does not do much in a game but what he does, he does well. Tammy does a lot in a game and does some of it well. It makes Giroud the more efficient player but also more predictable. Like Tammy would not have scored Giroud's goal vs Wolves and Leeds, Giroud would not have scored Tammy's goals from yesterday (first post, first serve).

7 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

Criminal how under the radar Tammy has gone this season. I feel he has been our best striker so far. If puli and ziyech are fit, they should be flanking Tammy. 

His general play improved a lot compared to last season. I didn´t think he had this improvement in his locker, but I am happy for his progress. His biggest weakness is still his heading, which is quite paradox given his height.

3 hours ago, Beigl said:

His general play improved a lot compared to last season. I didn´t think he had this improvement in his locker, but I am happy for his progress. His biggest weakness is still his heading, which is quite paradox given his height.

Zouma was like that. Seems like this season he has improved his header a lot. 

I guess it takes time?

That being said Werner and Tammy definetly feels more complemented then Werner and Giroud. 

Giroud is the best super sub we can have and good to have around. But for the future is best to continue with Werner and Tammy for improving their chemistry and what not. 

Frank Lampard discusses Tammy Abraham's progress and issues challenge to Chelsea star

The England striker scored twice in Monday night's 3-0 win over West Ham United and has five goals to his name so far this season and 20 goals in 47 Premier League appearances for the Blues

43 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

But is his general play good enough for a club like Chelsea? Altough I have to say that he improved in this regard, he still has a long way to go and I doubt his ceiling is high enough for Chelsea. I think he will end up as a lesser version of Lukaku.

But is his general play good enough for a club like Chelsea? Altough I have to say that he improved in this regard, he still has a long way to go and I doubt his ceiling is high enough for Chelsea. I think he will end up as a lesser version of Lukaku.

Me personally, I don't think he is Chelsea level long term wise, but if he somehow manages to improve his aerial threat, I might change my opinion because then he would be an all round good striker with decent stats to back it up. The only thing that makes me angry about Tammy is his aerial threat. A guy with that height and this big head should be much better, but we will see how he improves with that. But I don't see much hope right now [emoji23]

I rate guys like Broja and Soonsup Bell from our youth higher than Tammy, because they are faster and have much better technique, but we will see if they ever get a fair shot at Chelsea. Getting a fair chance at Chelsea is not easy [emoji23].

But Tammy does not deserve the hate he gets. When you read some comments here on TC or on twitter, you might think Tammy is worse than Blues Torres or Morata [emoji1787]

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Me personally, I don't think he is Chelsea level long term wise, but if he somehow manages to improve his aerial threat, I might change my opinion because then he would be an all round good striker with decent stats to back it up. The only thing that makes me angry about Tammy is his aerial threat. A guy with that height and this big head should be much better, but we will see how he improves with that. But I don't see much hope right now emoji23.png

I rate guys like Broja and Soonsup Bell from our youth higher than Tammy, because they are faster and have much better technique, but we will see if they ever get a fair shot at Chelsea. Getting a fair chance at Chelsea is not easy emoji23.png.

But Tammy does not deserve the hate he gets. When you read some comments here on TC or on twitter, you might think Tammy is worse than Blues Torres or Morata emoji1787.png

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Probably a realistic assessment.

Tammy has appealing physical tools and positional instincts. is not a bad finisher as soon as he gets his body under control but is clumsy and always looks poor when he needs to improvise. i think this is what makes people hate on him so much. He gets into good positions but often scuffs his shots due to poor coordination. Giroud who is not as mobile and does not get into positions as often but is more efficient is loved on here despite both having roughly the same statistical output.

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Probably a realistic assessment.

Tammy has appealing physical tools and positional instincts. is not a bad finisher as soon as he gets his body under control but is clumsy and always looks poor when he needs to improvise. i think this is what makes people hate on him so much. He gets into good positions but often scuffs his shots due to poor coordination. Giroud who is not as mobile and does not get into positions as often but is more efficient is loved on here despite both having roughly the same statistical output.

their stat output isn't that similar actually, esp the one that bothers me the most about Abraham: unsuccessful touches: 2.95 – 1.43
from
https://www.football365.com/news/comparing-giroud-abraham-stats-chelsea-lampard

Another thing not mentioned is the difference in body mass: while they are roughly the same height, Giroud adds 10kg as the far more powerful player. The stat dump above does not go into the importance of each goal, but I feel Giroud leads there too (against who and at which point in the game).

The thing is that the player @Killer describes above is not good enough to lead the line for Chelsea, and yet Abraham starts all the time. On the other hand, Giroud is playing the exact same role he was signed for: a strong sub. So, I don't think Abraham is unfairly judged, but rather he's been overexposed by his current role in the team.

At this point, I'm also not sure all the trust the club, and manager, are putting in Abraham is warranted. Now, if he were to accept a smaller role, rotation/backup, then maybe, given that he improves his heading (as @killer said above), he might become a good and useful player.

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Tammy's numbers this year, extrapolated over a 4000 minute season

33 goals

16-17 assists

all comps

and it would likely be 21-23 or so assists if Werner was not in his massive slump

regardless of his aesthetics, he does produce

But those are just predicted numbers on paper, no?

Only 6 of Abraham's goals this season have come in the league and while another 5 of his goals came against Luton and Barnsley. I mean, goals are goals but he needs to do more against better opponents than just lower league sides. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Only 6 of Abraham's goals this season have come in the league and while another 5 of his goals came against Luton and Barnsley. I mean, goals are goals but he needs to do more against better opponents than just lower league sides. 

yes just numbers on paper, but it still is production

I am really trying to remain optimistic

9 hours ago, Jason said:

He needs to get back to how he was at the start of the season. His all round play has significantly decreased since then after clear visible improvements. I mean against Barnsley his general play was atrocious I felt. He wont be a regular or even kept here longterm if he doesnt improve on that, even more so with Tuchel. Hes still young for a CF so has plenty time to grow but needs to do it.

15 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

He needs to get back to how he was at the start of the season. His all round play has significantly decreased since then after clear visible improvements. I mean against Barnsley his general play was atrocious I felt. He wont be a regular or even kept here longterm if he doesnt improve on that, even more so with Tuchel. Hes still young for a CF so has plenty time to grow but needs to do it.

What I find odd is that people say Abraham's buildup play is good or that he has improved it when it's still quite hit-and-miss, especially with his bambi on ice control/touch. His movement also is not always the best such as when someone is attacking the box and preparing to play a cross in, Abraham hardly moves to attack it, be it at the near post, far post or centrally. More often than not, he'll just stand somewhere in the box and expect the ball to be played to where he is, even if it's among a mass of bodies etc. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

What I find odd is that people say Abraham's buildup play is good or that he has improved it when it's still quite hit-and-miss, especially with his bambi on ice control/touch. His movement also is not always the best such as when someone is attacking the box and preparing to play a cross in, Abraham hardly moves to attack it, be it at the near post, far post or centrally. More often than not, he'll just stand somewhere in the box and expect the ball to be played to where he is, even if it's among a mass of bodies etc. 

I'm never sure what to expect from him in any game really. He never takes full advantage of his height when getting to crosses, because he either arrives too early (eg: his reaction to Reece James crosses in the home game vs Spurs) or more often than not, too late and out of position. With his physique he should be doing a lot better.

In some ways he seems to have regressed from his early season form from last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5fp7FV8_3M

In the Wolves match where he scored his hat-trick., he showed better ball retention and awareness.

• 2 weeks later...