Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

9. Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed
Followers 6

Just now, Jason said:

An elite prospect...who hasn't even done anything of note or consistent yet. Different case if he had been doing a Sancho with us.

Define, anything of note.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we need to sign Jesus Navas and we will have some holy squad

I thought he was sensational today, couldn't help but smile when he scored the opener. If he can carry this on and we get our new striker signing right we could wind up with our best pair of forw

Posted Images

Just now, Tomo said:

Define, anything of note.

Like performing week in week out. Scoring goals. Providing assists. 

You're being very kind if you count showing glimpses here and there as something notable. 

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Like performing week in week out. Scoring goals. Providing assists. 

You're being very kind if you count showing glimpses here and there as something notable. 

By that same logic Greenwood has done nothing notable yet United fans are rightly going gaga over him. If it was between giving him 120k plus add one even this early or potentially seeing him at a rival, it's would be a short conversation. I'm not exactly sure why paying our biggest attacking academy talent for decades money which is in the modern day squad player level wages is deemed so controversial, not one club in the world would think twice if it came to it.

Also he was a big part of our Europa win, wanted by one of the world's biggest clubs who were prepared to lay out their at the time second highest ever fee on a player, Pep was so worried about his introduction in the LC final he immediately ordered a double up.

This season he returned from a serious injury and for about a month was top class. Came on Vs Brighton and layed out a beautiful assist for Willian to finish the game, then four days later comes on for his CL debut and within a minute assists the winner had a very good spell from that point followed by a meh winter but from Christmas onwards upto his injury he was fantastic including creating about 6 clear chances in our game against Arsenal. His general decision making is very mature for his age and a lot of his assists and key chances created have happened through moments of intelligence and awareness that Willian is known to lack. There's every chance he's going to be a world class player and all the metrics back that up.

Also you mention Sancho, if we sign him he'll command wages in the 300k region, which kind of backs up my point. 

• Like 2
120k plus add ons is hardly outrageous for an elite prospect.

If say United have to pay that to keep Greenwood do you really think they wouldn't?

It is outrageous. There are senior PL players that get less money than CHO. CHO isn’t even that great.

United don’t pay kids that kind of money, so they will not have to pay 120k to Greenwood. And yes if he demands it, unless he’s banging goals and assists for United he’s off. I’m dead serious, Ed Woodward will ship him off.

8 minutes ago, Mana said:

It is outrageous. There are senior PL players that get less money than CHO. CHO isn’t even that great.

Couldn't disagree more, he holds his own against talents his age (as those graphs below show) and this is despite coming back from a serious injury that has ended many a career.

I'm happy to do a Redknapp stick my neck on the line and say unless he's blighted by injuries he's going right to the very top.

EWned6sU4AEBw2h.png

EWnfwn7U0AElS8k.png

EWnicwcU0AALcBO.jpg

ERu56_NXkAEAVx3.jpg

EVa99ONXkAQslA0.jpg

EVa-EIoWkAADws-.jpg

EVa-NRVXsAUy4ik.jpg

ETnELvVUUAAZULM.png

ESrrGRmXQAQvwEG.png

EWn7813WAAEGDW7.jpg

EVbTunkXYAADu7A.jpg

EU_SuabXgAAIWbt.jpg

EWmzLQMXYAAOBIw.png

EWmhwNIX0AIaiQ2.png

EWRrkvqX0AAqcvU.jpg

EW3SvA-XgAImkYQ.png

@Tomo - I am also going to pull a Lee Gunner here.

Feck these overblown stats. Especially this BS that is called “xG”. I trust what I see with my eyes. CHO this season has been shite. Not worth the 120k a week. Loses the ball in areas and rarely an attacking threat.

He’s not good enough for 120k, and the fact that Lampard keeps dropping him now and again shows that.

Abraham is exactly the same (which is fine) but if he dares ask for big wages like CHO, that’s when I’ll have massive problems with him. He currently doesn’t deserve 120k.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Tomo said:

By that same logic Greenwood has done nothing notable yet United fans are rightly going gaga over him. If it was between giving him 120k plus add one even this early or potentially seeing him at a rival, it's would be a short conversation. I'm not exactly sure why paying our biggest attacking academy talent for decades money which is in the modern day squad player level wages is deemed so controversial, not one club in the world would think twice if it came to it.

I could care less about what United fans are talking about Greenwood or what they are gonna do with him because he's not our player. Maybe I am being old school but my point on this subject with CHO is that paying someone so much at a young age because of potential is nonsensical, even more so when he hasn't done anything consistently at the highest level. Imagine a fresh graduate looking for a job and he or she tells the potential employer that they should be paid say $8,000 because they achieved A+ in university and have the potential to be a great CEO! Furthermore, let's not pretend like the club wanted to pay CHO 120k per week or whatever the amount is had they not been back into a corner by CHO's transfer request and Bayern's interest. If the club really valued him that highly, they would have given the amount to begin with. And I am not sure CHO being our "biggest attacking academy talent" is a universal opinion. It is the opinion of few people or just you.

25 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Also he was a big part of our Europa win, wanted by one of the world's biggest clubs who were prepared to lay out their at the time second highest ever fee on a player, Pep was so worried about his introduction in the LC final he immediately ordered a double up.

This season he returned from a serious injury and for about a month was top class. Came on Vs Brighton and layed out a beautiful assist for Willian to finish the game, then four days later comes on for his CL debut and within a minute assists the winner had a very good spell from that point followed by a meh winter but from Christmas onwards upto his injury he was fantastic including creating about 6 clear chances in our game against Arsenal. His general decision making is very mature for his age and a lot of his assists and key chances created have happened through moments of intelligence and awareness that Willian is known to lack. There's every chance he's going to be a world class player and all the metrics back that up.

Not saying CHO hasn't contributed in the first team but with all due respect, Tomo, I am not sure how seriously to take this because I know you have a tendency to exaggerate things like this. Sorry.

28 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Also you mention Sancho, if we sign him he'll command wages in the 300k region, which kind of backs up my point. 

It is debatable that we would even pay Sancho that much but would he deserve a big wages say somewhere around 200k? Based on what he's done at Dortmund for two straight seasons now, yeah. 

@Mana @Jason

Instead of all this back and forth I've got a better idea which will also demonstrate just how much confidence and belief I have in him.

I personally think CHO will be a bonafide mainstay in our side (or another elite clubs side) by the time the season after next finishes aslong as he doesn't suffer another big injury or gets injured systematically.

If he stays healthy (is fit for selection in atleast 85% of games in the next two season's) and is still in a state of flux I'll donate £100 to forum, if I've got it right you do?

• Like 3
Antonio made him look like a donkey. 

Antonio didnt have anything to work with tonight and was played out of position and was 3x the striker.
Antonio is underrated

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Tomo said:

@Mana @Jason

Instead of all this back and forth I've got a better idea which will also demonstrate just how much confidence and belief I have in him.

I personally think CHO will be a bonafide mainstay in our side (or another elite clubs side) by the time the season after next finishes aslong as he doesn't suffer another big injury or gets injured systematically.

If he stays healthy (is fit for selection in atleast 85% of games in the next two season's) and is still in a state of flux I'll donate £100 to forum, if I've got it right you do?

lol Tomo, this isn't a competition about to see who is right, certainly not from my side. My issue is the wages CHO was handed rather than whether he'll turn out great.

1 hour ago, Jype said:

I have no issues with CHO making 120k a week. That's what happens when there's a top club willing to pay 40 million for the player. Bayern were willing to make an even bigger total investment on the player than Chelsea did when including the transfer fee.  

For reference, Batshuayi is on 90-100k/w and he's fucking shit. Add transfer fee amortisation and Michy costs the club around twice as much as CHO on the books. 

CHO was dancing around with the renewal of the contract and loved how Bayern was after him as that put pressure on us.

We should have let him go. Yes some fans will be angry but it is really for the best for the structure of this club. Maybe add a buyback clause just in case he becomes good.

You STILL don’t realise how bad CHO’s contract is for this club. Every kid now wants 120k a week minimum. We’ll be paying way more money for keeping the “maybes”.

Bats is a terrible player, but that doesn’t mean let’s make that mistake again. See how hard it is to get rid? Do we want MORE players of this? It’s bad enough already!

Nobody can convince me otherwise that this was a good idea. Especially this season when CHO is shite. Earn that 120k first. A small purple patch last season isn’t enough to earn you that.

Atm he is utter dogshit. Another huge disappointment. Absolutely would not lose my mind if we sold him out of the league for a huge fee.

He is going to fuck us on the contract anyway.

4 hours ago, Mana said:

United don’t pay kids that kind of money, so they will not have to pay 120k to Greenwood. And yes if he demands it, unless he’s banging goals and assists for United he’s off. I’m dead serious, Ed Woodward will ship him off.

Greenwood is a VASTLY better player than Tammy.

4 hours ago, Mana said:

You STILL don’t realise how bad CHO’s contract is for this club. Every kid now wants 120k a week minimum. We’ll be paying way more money for keeping the “maybes”.

Abraham maybe but Mount, James, Tomori, Gilmour and Anjorin not so much. I'm sure those lads knew the special circumstances with CHO and didn't make a big deal about earning less money. 

Abraham is older and more experienced than the rest of the youngsters mentioned. At the moment I'd put Tammy in the same bracket as Loftus-Cheek who also earned himself a hefty contract last year (which was before Hudson-Odoi's renewal btw).

If the club consider Tammy good enough to play even second fiddle in the long-term, they should award him with an appropriate contract. Bats and Giroud earn way more money than Tammy at the moment, and yet it's Abraham who despite all his flaws has contributed the most this season.

That being said, I would wait till around halfway next season before deciding anything regarding Abraham's future at the club. At that time we'll know better on how Lampard wants his team to play after the new signings have arrived and what Tammy's role will be. 

25 minutes ago, Jype said:

Abraham maybe but Mount, James, Tomori, Gilmour and Anjorin not so much. I'm sure those lads knew the special circumstances with CHO and didn't make a big deal about earning less money. 

For Anjorin, probably not make a big deal because he hasn't played first team football. The rest though they will or at least their agents will. Football has sadly changed, a very few play for the badge.

If they renew their contract with us with a lower wage, that's because they know they are shite and won't get to play PL football anywhere else. Mount, James and Gilmour will not think that hence I believe these players will demand a higher wage when it's time to renew their contract.

Abraham is older and more experienced than the rest of the youngsters mentioned. At the moment I'd put Tammy in the same bracket as Loftus-Cheek who also earned himself a hefty contract last year (which was before Hudson-Odoi's renewal btw).

Exactly he is more experienced then most. And this is what we are getting from him? Obviously I'm not going to ignore his contributions in earlier parts of this season. But the season lasts almost a whole year, not 3 months. He has experience yet he continues to lose the ball, or add nothing up front. It's not good enough. 

If the club consider Tammy good enough to play even second fiddle in the long-term, they should award him with an appropriate contract. Bats and Giroud earn way more money than Tammy at the moment, and yet it's Abraham who despite all his flaws has contributed the most this season.

Giroud is way more experienced and has a short-term contract anyway with us. It seems Giroud contributed little but he wasn't used by FL at all until January. Giroud since the restart has done more for us than Abraham did. 

I'm aware Bats is a disaster and like I said, we currently have trouble getting rid of him FOR YEARS because of his contract. I don't want another situation like this.

That being said, I would wait till around halfway next season before deciding anything regarding Abraham's future at the club. At that time we'll know better on how Lampard wants his team to play after the new signings have arrived and what Tammy's role will be. 

Fair enough, I just don't want his contract renewed now or during the upcoming window. He has to prove that he's worth the money, otherwise ship him out. No more mediocrity. Mediocrity won't help us beat City or Liverpool.

People need to forget the notion that Tammy is the second coming of Droggers or a new Aubameyang...

This fraud is a Championship player. 

He doesn't have what it takes to play at an elite club.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mana said:

For Anjorin, probably not make a big deal because he hasn't played first team football. The rest though they will or at least their agents will. Football has sadly changed, a very few play for the badge.

If they renew their contract with us with a lower wage, that's because they know they are shite and won't get to play PL football anywhere else. Mount, James and Gilmour will not think that hence I believe these players will demand a higher wage when it's time to renew their contract.

The thing is though, all of the players I mentioned have ALREADY renewed their contracts with the club and everyone except Mount did so after CHO's deal. And even Mount signed his latest contract in July last year when CHO's contract was all but signed and it was pretty much public knowledge how much money he was going to make.

So are all of them just stupid, or maybe realized they weren't in a position to demand as much (contract length, big club not offering tens of millions etc.)? 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Vesper said:

Greenwood is a VASTLY better player than Tammy.

The comparison wasn't with Tammy it was with Callum and the point that if United had to give Greenwood "CHO wages" or face losing him they would do the former without thinking twice.