Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

9. Tammy Abraham


Captain Ahmed
 Share
Followers 6

Recommended Posts

I want to give Abraham a bit of a leeway because of the injury problems he has had this season but good god, every time the ball comes to him, it often bounces around and he struggles to control it properly and by the time he does, the opposition is already well equipped to deal with him. If this is his response to facing competition from Werner, then well, he's gonna be enjoying the bench a lot next season. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we need to sign Jesus Navas and we will have some holy squad

I thought he was sensational today, couldn't help but smile when he scored the opener. If he can carry this on and we get our new striker signing right we could wind up with our best pair of forw

Posted Images

And just recently many on here were putting him in our starting 11 next season even with Timo and Hakim... Some even with Kai :lol::lol:

Some complained when we were linked with Mertens that Frank is going to destroy his career :lol:

We should just use that crazy tax on English players and sell him to Palace or Watford for +40m... Maybe even 50m...

He is nowhere near Giroud.

Timo, Kai and Giroud we dont need him.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

And just recently many on here were putting him in our starting 11 next season even with Timo and Hakim... Some even with Kai :lol::lol:

Some complained when we were linked with Mertens that Frank is going to destroy his career :lol:

We should just use that crazy tax on English players and sell him to Palace or Watford for +40m... Maybe even 50m...

He is nowhere near Giroud.

Timo, Kai and Giroud we dont need him.

 

Agree 100%. Now is the time to take advantage of his stats and fool some clubs into paying 40m or even more.And I have no doubt that there will be such clubs. 

He is just not good enough for Chelsea but I'm afraid Lampard likes him too much. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 0007 said:

Agree 100%. Now is the time to take advantage of his stats and fool some club into paying 40m or even more. 

He is just not good enough for Chelsea but I'm afraid Lampard likes him too much. 

How much Arsenal want for Auba? 25m with one year left on contract?

I know he is 31 but if we miss out on Havertz I think selling Tammy for 40-50m and buying Auba for 25m would be great business. 

He can give us 2 or 3 years as a Timo cover. Plus Giroud as 3rd choice next season.

 

Speaking of Tammy...

He had 11 goals after 15 rounds.

Now after 32 just 13. So just 2 goals since than.

And when he does not score he offers nothing.

Actually apart from three games when he scored 7 goals (round 3, round 4 and round 5) he was beyond average.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's good enough to be a cog in an already good attack. He's not good enough yet to be the main man who we depend on for goals.

Big time Lukaku at Man United vibes from him today. Touch like a brick wall, body control like a little kid who suddenly took control of an adults body. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pizy said:

He's good enough to be a cog in an already good attack. He's not good enough yet to be the main man who we depend on for goals.

Big time Lukaku at Man United vibes from him today. Touch like a brick wall, body control like a little kid who suddenly took control of an adults body. 

His contract is almost up. He will demand CHO wages. He's not good enough to get CHO wages.

It's bad enough we pay CHO that much money for nothing, we shouldn't make that same mistake with Tammy.

Don't mind keeping him but if he demands big wages, ship him off.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mana said:

His contract is almost up. He will demand CHO wages. He's not good enough to get CHO wages.

It's bad enough we pay CHO that much money for nothing, we shouldn't make that same mistake with Tammy.

Don't mind keeping him but if he demands big wages, ship him off.

No chance of that happening, though. The club clearly love him and see him as one of our future poster boys. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As I've said countless times, he doesn't have enough in him to cut it as our number 9 & still unsure about him being/wanting to be a squad player.

 

No idea why Lampard reverted back to him. Giroud is clearly the better option of the two and it's as simple as that.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Mana said:

His contract is almost up. He will demand CHO wages. He's not good enough to get CHO wages.

It's bad enough we pay CHO that much money for nothing, we shouldn't make that same mistake with Tammy.

Don't mind keeping him but if he demands big wages, ship him off.

He has to get the wages that CHO got. Does he deserve it? No, but the precedence is there right now.

 

He'd be a fool not to demand it. He at least earned it for a couple of months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LAM09 said:

As I've said countless times, he doesn't have enough in him to cut it as our number 9 & still unsure about him being/wanting to be a squad player.

 

No idea why Lampard reverted back to him. Giroud is clearly the better option of the two and it's as simple as that.

 

 

He probably started Tammy considering the amount of games we are playing in such a short amount of time. Giroud could not start in every game until the finish. He doesn't have the legs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

He has to get the wages that CHO got. Does he deserve it? No, but the precedence is there right now.

 

He'd be a fool not to demand it. He at least earned it for a couple of months.

We probably made a mistake in giving the big wages to CHO. It's one that shouldn't be repeated. The good form Abraham showed earlier this season is nothing more than a purple patch based on how things have turned out and every player will go through a purple patch. It is a matter of sustaining it. The injuries haven't helped but the least Abraham could do is doing well with the basics and he isn't doing that. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jason said:

We probably made a mistake in giving the big wages to CHO. It's one that shouldn't be repeated. The good form Abraham showed earlier this season is nothing more than a purple patch based on how things have turned out and every player will go through a purple patch. It is a matter of sustaining it. The injuries haven't helped but the least Abraham could do is doing well with the basics and he isn't doing that. 

What he is doing right now well is getting angry with himself and with other for not passing it properly… And Rudiger was not the only gifting WHU a super cheap corner. Abraham did the same (but not in such a wonderful packing like Rudiger) in the first half. A super cheap corner putting us immediately under pressure.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Milan said:

What he is doing right now well is getting angry with himself and with other for not passing it properly…

Abraham should really be looking at himself first. He is like, what others have been saying, a bambi on ice. And his Bakayoko-esque ability in controlling the ball is so painful to watch!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said a billion times already. Giving CHO that kind of wage now sets the level for these kids to demand. Marina fecked up BIG time.
I will be pissed off if we give Abraham that kind of wage or higher. He doesn’t deserve it (and CHO).

Ship him off and find a better CB.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
He probably started Tammy considering the amount of games we are playing in such a short amount of time. Giroud could not start in every game until the finish. He doesn't have the legs.
Tammy played the entire match against Leicester, so starting Giroud in this one should have been one obvious change to the starting XI.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mana said:

Like I said a billion times already. Giving CHO that kind of wage now sets the level for these kids to demand. Marina fecked up BIG time.
I will be pissed off if we give Abraham that kind of wage or higher. He doesn’t deserve it (and CHO).

Ship him off and find a better CB.

120k plus add ons is hardly outrageous for an elite prospect.

If say United have to pay that to keep Greenwood do you really think they wouldn't?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tomo said:

120k plus add ons is hardly outrageous for an elite prospect.

If say United have to pay that to keep Greenwood do you really think they wouldn't?

An elite prospect...who hasn't even done anything of note or consistent yet. Different case if he had been doing a Sancho with us.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...