Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

9. Tammy Abraham


Captain Ahmed
 Share
Followers 6

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Nicco said:

We've gone to shit so much this dud is nowadays called the future of this club, nothing more to say.

it really is amazing to see how far our expectations have fallen

the thing that kills me is there is no rhyme nor reason to fixing it for years now

the board is destroying us

insane the amount of dregs we have built up on our books

there is no other team in the world with the vast amount of ultra expensive pure dogshit we are carrying both on the 25 man main roster and then out on loan

it is fucking mental

then add in numpty cunts who think that we can roll with the 5 foot three inch fullback LAMPTEY as one of our main WINGERS

and others who defend twats like Willian to the death

SMDH

I am at wit's end

I do NOT want to become Arsenal or AC Milan ffs

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we need to sign Jesus Navas and we will have some holy squad

I thought he was sensational today, couldn't help but smile when he scored the opener. If he can carry this on and we get our new striker signing right we could wind up with our best pair of forw

Posted Images

He was always never going to be good enough to lead the line. Least not right now given his lack of experience and development. 

We asked far too much of him than what he is capable of, he should however be applauded for what he's achieved. 

Still think at best he can be our Danny Welbeck. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, killer1257 said:

What the fuck is wrong with you guys

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk
 

Best not bring up that Tammy was the reason why we even got a lead and Arsenal a man down.

When we lose, every player comes under fire in this forum.

So no surprise 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blue Armour said:

Best not bring up that Tammy was the reason why we even got a lead and Arsenal a man down.

It doesn't excuse Abraham's profligacy in front of goal. The criticism might be harsh but the fact is, he is a striker and we need him to score goals but he's missing far too many clear opportunities and seemingly need 10 chances to get 1 goal. It's poor. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

Tammy is one player who doesn't deserve any shit from yesterday. We scored both goals because of him - let's not forget he won the corner for Cesar's goal.

You’re right but that’s a bit like praising Torres for working hard when he did F all in terms of scoring. At the end of the day, Abraham is a striker. He needs to score goals. That’s the reality. I know he’s still young and all that but he has really missed some guilt edge opportunities this season. Yesterday’s first half header and the 1-on-1 against Liverpool at the Bridge come to mind. He’s not the only problem but he’s one of the main problems why we aren’t putting chances away and killing teams off. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Jason said:

You’re right but that’s a bit like praising Torres for working hard when he did F all in terms of scoring. At the end of the day, Abraham is a striker. He needs to score goals. That’s the reality. I know he’s still young and all that but he has really missed some guilt edge opportunities this season. Yesterday’s first half header and the 1-on-1 against Liverpool at the Bridge come to mind. He’s not the only problem but he’s one of the main problems why we aren’t putting chances away and killing teams off. 

But you cant really compare the two, can you?

Torres had a big reputation coming into Chelsea, and was at the age where he should have been in his prime, and was meant to displace Drogba and Anelka who were still at the club.

Tammy's role is to make up for the goal threat we lost with Hazard, and to a lesser extent, Ruben Loftus Cheek, when he became injured.

Yesterday, besides the two goals he was involved in, he also had a couple of headers on target (or at least one on target). Far from a bad contribution. He is young and not yet the finished product.

That being said, I think we need someone with better nous and ruthlessness to come off the bench to lend him a hand during games where he struggles. If wages are acceptable, someone like Cavani would be ideal

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

But you cant really compare the two, can you?

Torres had a big reputation coming into Chelsea, and was at the age where he should have been in his prime, and was meant to displace Drogba and Anelka who were still at the club.

Tammy's role is to make up for the goal threat we lost with Hazard, and to a lesser extent, Ruben Loftus Cheek, when he became injured.

Yesterday, besides the two goals he was involved in, he also had a couple of headers on target (or at least one on target). Far from a bad contribution. He is young and not yet the finished product.

That being said, I think we need someone with better nous and ruthlessness to come off the bench to lend him a hand during games where he struggles. If wages are acceptable, someone like Cavani would be ideal

 

It wasn’t a bad contribution but it doesn’t mean it’s acceptable. He will be judged on scoring the goals at the end of the day. When you play for a big club, there’ll always be scrutiny.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jason said:

It wasn’t a bad contribution but it doesn’t mean it’s acceptable. He will be judged on scoring the goals at the end of the day. When you play for a big club, there’ll always be scrutiny.

Yeah, I agree there will be more scrutiny here.

Although, I feel the scrutiny is a lot more intense now because there is no supporting act in terms of goals.

When Mount was scoring, and when Pulisic was in good form, there was less reliance on Tammy's goals.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Yeah, I agree there will be more scrutiny here.

Although, I feel the scrutiny is a lot more intense now because there is no supporting act in terms of goals.

When Mount was scoring, and when Pulisic was in good form, there was less reliance on Tammy's goals.

Less reliance doesn’t mean it’s okay. The striker should be the main source of goals. Abraham has scored only 3 goals in his last 11 PL games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Best not bring up that Tammy was the reason why we even got a lead and Arsenal a man down.

When we lose, every player comes under fire in this forum.

So no surprise 

Mustafi was the reason. Actually if David Luiz was not David Luiz, Abraham would have fucked the chance to score an open goal.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Jason said:

It doesn't excuse Abraham's profligacy in front of goal. The criticism might be harsh but the fact is, he is a striker and we need him to score goals but he's missing far too many clear opportunities and seemingly need 10 chances to get 1 goal. It's poor. 

Wait what? He scored 13 goals and extra 3 assists in his first PL season for Chelsea. 

If you are talking clear chances, Suarez is one of the most frustrating players because he missed so many chances aswell, but its all about how many you score in the end. 

And Chelsea as a whole has been pretty crap for the past few weeks if not months now, Tammy is one of the players who are the least to be blamed. First it goes on the defence, we concede left and right. Kepa and entire backline is terrible whole season but recently its even worse.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Henrique said:

Mustafi was the reason. Actually if David Luiz was not David Luiz, Abraham would have fucked the chance to score an open goal.

Nice, what are the next week lottery numbers?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Nice, what are the next week lottery numbers?

 My man Abraham was so slow that he gave enough time for the defender to recover and try to deny him the goal.  I wasnt saying Abraham would miss the shoot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jason said:

You’re right but that’s a bit like praising Torres for working hard when he did F all in terms of scoring. At the end of the day, Abraham is a striker. He needs to score goals. That’s the reality. I know he’s still young and all that but he has really missed some guilt edge opportunities this season. Yesterday’s first half header and the 1-on-1 against Liverpool at the Bridge come to mind. He’s not the only problem but he’s one of the main problems why we aren’t putting chances away and killing teams off. 

And what about if he didnt score all the goals he has this season? Where would we be? Abraham can still get better but he is more exempt from criticism than some of the other players this season in my eyes, he had a shocker in the PL for Swansea, went to the championship - done well again and has improved even more so again this season scoring a lot of goals for us.

He has arguably carried our team in terms of goalscoring this season. The likes of Mason Mount, Willian, Hudson-Odoi, Barkley, Pedro, Giroud and Batshuayi should all be doing more when they play (or if FL would play them maybe theyd take some burden off him) and contributing with goals.

Its nothing like comparing him to Torres for winning a corner (and for all the corners that Torres would of won us anyway, half his shots cleared the bar or posts and more than half his dribbles he rsn out of play).... I am sure when Costa didn't score goals but found other ways to affect a game in a positive way not a word was said by many fans...

You said hes only scored 3 in his last 11 but how many others in our squad have scored more than that in their last 11 as well? Striker or not he needs help. Aguero has Sterling, Sane, Silva etc to chip in with goals. Kane has Son, Lucas, Dele who can chip in with goals. We have got Mount, Willian and Barkley who arent really big scorers traditionally although MMs record in Holland and championship was decent and I would have expected more in that department from him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Wait what? He scored 13 goals and extra 3 assists in his first PL season for Chelsea. 

If you are talking clear chances, Suarez is one of the most frustrating players because he missed so many chances aswell, but its all about how many you score in the end. 

And Chelsea as a whole has been pretty crap for the past few weeks if not months now, Tammy is one of the players who are the least to be blamed. First it goes on the defence, we concede left and right. Kepa and entire backline is terrible whole season but recently its even worse.

Abraham might have 13 goals in the league this season but he has scored only 3 in his last 11 appearances and if I want to be cynical, I'd say he got lucky with his last one because of a Nick Pope blunder.

The defenders and attackers share equal blame for the mess we are in, not one more than the other when neither department are functioning well. We look like conceding every time we have to defend and we are struggling to put away chances when we create them. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

And what about if he didnt score all the goals he has this season? Where would we be? Abraham can still get better but he is more exempt from criticism than some of the other players this season in my eyes, he had a shocker in the PL for Swansea, went to the championship - done well again and has improved even more so again this season scoring a lot of goals for us.

He has arguably carried our team in terms of goalscoring this season. The likes of Mason Mount, Willian, Hudson-Odoi, Barkley, Pedro, Giroud and Batshuayi should all be doing more when they play (or if FL would play them maybe theyd take some burden off him) and contributing with goals.

Its nothing like comparing him to Torres for winning a corner (and for all the corners that Torres would of won us anyway, half his shots cleared the bar or posts and more than half his dribbles he rsn out of play).... I am sure when Costa didn't score goals but found other ways to affect a game in a positive way not a word was said by many fans...

You said hes only scored 3 in his last 11 but how many others in our squad have scored more than that in their last 11 as well? Striker or not he needs help. Aguero has Sterling, Sane, Silva etc to chip in with goals. Kane has Son, Lucas, Dele who can chip in with goals. We have got Mount, Willian and Barkley who arent really big scorers traditionally although MMs record in Holland and championship was decent and I would have expected more in that department from him.

Spin it in which ever way you want but it doesn't change the fact that Abraham is our primary source of goals and in the last few months, the return hasn't been good enough. Abraham is not the only problem for our goalscoring issue but he is one of them, more so than others because he's the striker. It's a reason why Lampard, us fans have been crying out for someone clinical to score the goals upfront. Heck, even you would have no qualm about replacing Abraham upfront if we sign someone like Cavani this month. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/01/2020 at 5:36 AM, NikkiCFC said:

I hate to be right about him. I said in August my biggest concern is that he's Lukaku type of player. Scores a lot of goals but genuinely fans are not happy with him and is missing in all the big games. But he's our best striker and won the battle for his place in the team to be one of our two strikers next season. Hopefully as second choice. 

I was never a fan of Rom's. When we signed him I posted that he 'shouldn't be here'. When he was sold I was fine with it, and when he was slated to return I was dead against it. Rom is a better player than Tammy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lacks that killer instinct, and that header he had the other night is what I mean. Even Giroud would of buried that.

Giroud is un droppable for France and scores nigh on all the time, so if we don't sell him and sign nobody up top Frank has to swallow his pride and start Giroud.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...