Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Being an academy player too will just offer that extra bit of support from fans when it's needed. Hell, I have a mate who's a United fan and still loves Lingard!

Lingard is a joke of a footballer really. What does he even bring to a team? And he turns 27 in December!

Just now, Jason said:

Lingard is a joke of a footballer really. What does he even bring to a team? And he turns 27 in December!

Couldn't agree more. We all tell him that but he doesn't listen, he must like his dance moves or something.

To prove a point he's just brought a United shirt for his young boy with Lingard on the back. The poor kid's going to get so bullied...from my kids for starters!

Bit off topic, but I was also thinking last night I see Dele Alli very much in the same light. He has regressed so much he's looked a shadow for a long time now and offers practically nothing. With the likes of these two and even closer to home, Barkley, there's a big opportunity for the likes of Mount, CHO and RLC to become big mainstay's in the England set up over the next few years.

43 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Neither do I but say hypothetically that's the type of player he ends up he can still be a good as a squad player.

United fans I know would have been more than happy for Rom to have remained in a lesser role, but he wasn't having that.

The problem with Lukaku is simple, he want to be no 1 striker, deservedly so. He is a better striker compare to Martial And Rashford. So when your manager left you behind, it is better for you to leave 

2 hours ago, communicate said:

The problem with Lukaku is simple, he want to be no 1 striker, deservedly so. He is a better striker compare to Martial And Rashford. So when your manager left you behind, it is better for you to leave 

But it wasn't just on this occasion, he left us at the age of 20 for the exact same reason.

9 minutes ago, communicate said:

It served him welll though. He transformed from kid to a proven goalscorer in Everton and West Brom. 

Exactly but Everton and West Brom arent exactly Chelsea or Man United. He, arguably like Kevin de Bruyne here as well, felt entitled that he should be a number 1 option and didnt want to fight for his place. Basically did the same at Man United now when Soljskaer lost faith in him. That for me shows a flaw in his mentality, that he isnt up for competition and thinks of himself being better than some of his team mates. Healthy competition should make players better. Should. At United that last season, he regressed with competition from Rashford and Martial. Will he throw the dummy out at Inter eventually if he doesnt start every week? 

11 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Exactly but Everton and West Brom arent exactly Chelsea or Man United. He, arguably like Kevin de Bruyne here as well, felt entitled that he should be a number 1 option and didnt want to fight for his place. Basically did the same at Man United now when Soljskaer lost faith in him. That for me shows a flaw in his mentality, that he isnt up for competition and thinks of himself being better than some of his team mates. Healthy competition should make players better. Should. At United that last season, he regressed with competition from Rashford and Martial. Will he throw the dummy out at Inter eventually if he doesnt start every week? 

De Bruyne is a different situation as he was literally getting no minutes.

Lukaku had the chance at the age of 20 to be immediate back up which would have yielded a lot of minutes.

20 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Bit off topic, but I was also thinking last night I see Dele Alli very much in the same light. He has regressed so much he's looked a shadow for a long time now and offers practically nothing. With the likes of these two and even closer to home, Barkley, there's a big opportunity for the likes of Mount, CHO and RLC to become big mainstay's in the England set up over the next few years.

I think Spurs, in general, could do with a new manager. Pochettino has been there for so long that things appear to have gone stale and they aren't even winning trophies either despite being competitive. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I think Spurs, in general, could do with a new manager. Pochettino has been there for so long that things appear to have gone stale and they aren't even winning trophies either despite being competitive. 

The biggest problem that he's had is an inability to re-fresh his squad sufficiently. I think they've brought 2 new players in the last couple of seasons? It's just not enough, especially when as you mentioned they aren't winning any trophies so they don't even have that winning habit and experience running through the squad. He's also now dealing with a core group of players that don't actually want to be at the club anymore which is never good for squad harmony and morale.

That's the biggest thing that pleases me this season is how much we've managed to refresh our squad when it could very easily have looked old and stale. Now the squad looks young and vibrant, and unlike Spurs I expect us next summer to be competitive in the transfer market.

Can not overestimate how important and clinical this finish was. Maybe his best goal so far all things considered. (only slightly optically blemished by that feckless clearance attempt by Yoshida)

To control the ball like he did, anticipate the unconventionally outrushing goalie and weighting that lob to perfection.... I tried this often enough myself to know how difficult a lofted finish on the half-volley under the pressure from goalie and defender is. Any more power on it it hits the bar any less yoshida gets it. People keep comparing him with Lukaku but show me such a finish and controlled first touch from the burly Belgian.

17 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Can not overestimate how important and clinical this finish was. Maybe his best goal so far all things considered. (only slightly optically blemished by that feckless clearance attempt by Yoshida)

To control the ball like he did, anticipate the unconventionally outrushing goalie and weighting that lob to perfection.... I tried this often enough myself to know how difficult a lofted finish on the half-volley under the pressure from goalie and defender is. Any more power on it it hits the bar any less yoshida gets it. People keep comparing him with Lukaku but show me such a finish and controlled first touch from the burly Belgian.

and it was pure instinct. He controls the ball over the top and he senses the keeper is near and lifts it over him. 

Even if he missed by an inch or so, can't fault the idea. Not many strikers in the league who would even make a chance out of that situation. 

12 minutes ago, the wes said:

Real would eat him alive if he went there now, would probably kill his career too.