Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

On 26.8.2019 at 5:52 PM, Jason said:

Dafuq. Way too early. We are just 3 games in the season, he has  had one good game and 2 senior goals for us and still has a contract till 2022. Would be stupid to offer it to him already.

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Dafuq. Way too early. We are just 3 games in the season, he has  had one good game and 2 senior goals for us and still has a contract till 2022. Would be stupid to offer it to him already.

While I do agree that it is way way too early for contract extension, but, he has had 1 excellent game, 2 good games (without scoring) and a decent outing against leicester.

22 hours ago, Fernando said:

Not bad for a championship striker. 

Welll so far he only scored vs sides that were Championship last season. If he scores braces vs Wolves and Pool as well the debate will be a different one. 

24 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Welll so far he only scored vs sides that were Championship last season. If he scores braces vs Wolves and Pool as well the debate will be a different one. 

I think he might be neutralize but still better then torres and morata who we paid big money for. 

11 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Wolves were in the championship just a season ago, so hardly a metric. I will only consider him a decent striker if he scores a hat-trick against each of the top6 competitor. Nothing else.

14 hours ago, Fernando said:

I think he might be neutralize but still better then torres and morata who we paid big money for. 

He's better than them two when it comes to finishing that's a fact lol Abraham is fox in a box and a poacher he's not type of player who's going to win man of the match awards he's a player would be quiet in game for 89 mins and end up nick a goal in 90 minute Abraham playing style reminds me of Gary lineker and Inzaghi from all goals Abraham scored in his career that 2nd goal he scored against Norwich was his 1st from outside the box 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

He's better than them two when it comes to finishing that's a fact lol Abraham is fox in a box and a poacher he's not type of player who's going to win man of the match awards he's a player would be quiet in game for 89 mins and end up nick a goal in 90 minute Abraham playing style reminds me of Gary lineker and Inzaghi from all goals Abraham scored in his career that 2nd goal he scored against Norwich was his 1st from outside the box 

I don´t really know sometimes what Chelsea Fans see or think when they watch Tammy play. First of all, Tammy already won the MOTM award. Secondly, he is way more than a poacher. His hold up play is brilliant and his passing is very impressive. He presses a lot and he is a very complete striker. He was more of a poacher at youth level, but he improved very much last season. If you want a striker that plays like a no. 10, then obviously you need to got for players like Giroud, but if you want a real no. 9, then Abraham is a decent choice.

5 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

Wolves were in the championship just a season ago, so hardly a metric. I will only consider him a decent striker if he scores a hat-trick against each of the top6 competitor. Nothing else.

True but the thing with the likes of Norwich and Sheffield United is that they are indeed limited, poor-average sides who aren't going to spend big to go beyond being a Championship side like Wolves and they will very likely finish in lower region of the Premier League. I know Abraham is still very young but given we have been "burned" by so many poor strikers over the past few years, I'd reserve my judgment on him until he performs well and scores consistently, especially against the better sides. We really can't afford to screw up with this position going forward. It's been holding us back for so long! 

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

I don´t really know sometimes what Chelsea Fans see or think when they watch Tammy play. First of all, Tammy already won the MOTM award. 

Which game did Abraham get man of the match?? according to BBC sport against Norwich mason mount got man of the match and in sheff utd game Callum Robinson got man of the match in game 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49456552

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49378899