Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

5 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Spot on. Tammy was selected for that penalty because he is an experienced penalty taker. He failed miserably. To be fair, the penalty against the loss after everyone else has scored is by far the hardest penalty you can take in a shootout. I am still  in the Tammy is not good enough brigade, desptie his two amazing finishes today but until Batshuayi is fit, Tammy is probably our best option. If he scores or play great after the international break vs Wolves and Liverpool I might reconsider my opinion. till then two well-taken goals dont make a summer. 

No, Lamps said that he was selected as the fifth penalty taker due to the fact that Tammy asked him to give him the fifth penalty taker slot.Tammy wanted to shoot the penalty because of his confidence.

7 hours ago, Robchels said:

Honestly you and mr killer are underestimating our squad. 

Willian and giroud would be Norwich star players this season were they there. Same with the vast majority of our players.

sorry, no, Norwich defended poorly today. Bad defense usually means a drop. They did not stay focused and closed down players. Even in our goals Tammy had no one even annoying him. It was a very easy game and we still conceded twice.

if Norwich can improve and defend better, then this win becomes more important as they will take points from others. But what I saw today was really poor all over the place defending... i’m saying that Everton will go there and get all 3 points.

I honestly don't know what the kid has done to get this much ire but atleast let me try.

You are saying Norwich's defence was bad, yet the 2 goals he scored today were complete quality. He got much easier chances against better defenses that he should infact have converted. IF, that was not the case, I would actually be worried, but the kid has shown that he has what it takes. His hold up play has been very good in the 4 games, as has his movement which has seen him get into good positions. So saying he scored just because norwicj were poor defensively is a joke.

As for giroud, he is not our future. Tammy is or can be. Taking a gamble over the kid is far better than with giroud who has some glaring deficiency like the lack of pace.

2 hours ago, Strike said:

The same people who judged him after the first couple of games are now saying this 😂

Exactly. Can't believe the knee jerk. These people can judge a person after a good showing in 141 minutes and say that since he did not score, he is not good enough..now the same geniuses want him judged after 5-10 games. By the way, auba and Pepe did not score against pool despite a couple of big opportunities. Clearly 'not good enough' and "championship material"

59 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Exactly. Can't believe the knee jerk. These people can judge a person after a good showing in 141 minutes and say that since he did not score, he is not good enough..now the same geniuses want him judged after 5-10 games. By the way, auba and Pepe did not score against pool despite a couple of big opportunities. Clearly 'not good enough' and "championship material"

Like I said, some Chelseafans are very hypocritical and don´t have fair judgement on players. Let them be haters. RLC was judged very poorly too. One example from Special Juan

Had a chance to shine, didn't, and I don't think he ever will to be honest.

That quote from Special Juan was under Conte where RLC did not play in his natural  position. Most people do not even know that RLC is a no. 8. He was playing no. 8 since his youth. Mou thought that he was a no. 6 in the long run and played him as a no. 6 or sometimes as a no. 10 because he thought that he was not experienced enough to play the no. 6 position. He never was a no. 6 in youth. Mou did not know shit about RLC´s real position, even though it was obvious when you analyze his strenghts. Saying RLC is a no. 6 in the long term is just stupid, but Mou is the worst coach of all time when it somes to youth integration and seeing youth potential. Conte used him as a striker and he never played striker at youth level. Roy at Palace played him as a winger and he was not a winger at youth level. It took fucking Sarri to realise that he was a no. 8 and Sarri played him there because he needed no. 8 players. People back than were always slaughtering RLC for no good reasons too. Judging a no.8 when he plays as a no. 10 or a striker is not the most objective idea, but these Chelsea experts don´t care and say that they are not good enough either way... You can´t change chelsea fans. Most of them are as knowledgeable as Real Madrid fans.... It is what it is.

4 hours ago, Nicco said:

Three games to one.

Oh I thought it was just one. But yep you are spot on. Three games are way more than enough to make an objective, comprehensive opinion on player.

Also Pukki is best player in the world, not Messi.

8 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

I honestly don't know what the kid has done to get this much ire but atleast let me try.

You are saying Norwich's defence was bad, yet the 2 goals he scored today were complete quality. He got much easier chances against better defenses that he should infact have converted. IF, that was not the case, I would actually be worried, but the kid has shown that he has what it takes. His hold up play has been very good in the 4 games, as has his movement which has seen him get into good positions. So saying he scored just because norwicj were poor defensively is a joke.

As for giroud, he is not our future. Tammy is or can be. Taking a gamble over the kid is far better than with giroud who has some glaring deficiency like the lack of pace.

What ire?!  Because some of us think he’s not the second coming like you? That I in particular prefer a different type of attacker, essentially more skillful? That I don’t see tammy ceiling as being that high?

I have no issues with Tammy getting minutes this season, or starting yesterday, given our lack of choices. You’ve been reading the wrong posts from me and without context. I only argued that for the super difficult initial games we had, a more defensive approach was needed, and one with giroud (or no striker) bc tammy does not help defense as much.

regarding Norwich, then I just can’t agree. They are shit and their defending was shit. Despite the excellent finishes, it’s not like tammy had to lose his markers, they were just not very close to him. All our players made free runs into empty spaces which will not be available against stronger sides. And once again, our regents would be their star players, especially the much maligned Willian.

folks here are talking about two boats: tammy is bad and Tammy is good. But it’s a bit more nuanced than that. He fact u it’s sent lukaku packing should give a hint at what is at stake here once we intent to fight silverware again, hopefully soon.

Regarding the stupid generalizations again, from other posters, was always a big fan of RLC, because he always had the most important for me, which is skill.

6 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Its the same shit we heard back then with RLC.

I stand by what I said re Loftus back then, he just wasn't impacting games atall. He would make one darting run or near turn every half hour ish which fooled people into thinking he's doing more than he actually was.

That's why I kept emphasizing my delight at his progress from November onwards because I really thought it would never come, credit has to go to Sarri aswell for properly working with him instead of shoehorning/hiding him in positions where his weaknesses least hurt the side.

1 hour ago, Robchels said:

regarding Norwich, then I just can’t agree. They are shit and their defending was shit. Despite the excellent finishes, it’s not like tammy had to lose his markers, they were just not very close to him.

This part shows the amount of prejudice. You either did not see the 2nd goal, or you simply don't want to give the kid the recognition. 

Also, it's absolutely redundant that in your opinion that Tammy does not have the quality. The only thing that matters is how he is performing. And he is performing darn well. Which should be the only point.

2 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

This part shows the amount of prejudice. You either did not see the 2nd goal, or you simply don't want to give the kid the recognition. 

Also, it's absolutely redundant that in your opinion that Tammy does not have the quality. The only thing that matters is how he is performing. And he is performing darn well. Which should be the only point.

Heh call it whatever you want - couldn’t care less.

Like I said, I disagree. I do not expect him to do anything like that against better sides. Would liked very much to be proven wrong here.

12 hours ago, Robchels said:

Heh call it whatever you want - couldn’t care less.

Like I said, I disagree. I do not expect him to do anything like that against better sides. Would liked very much to be proven wrong here.

Like i said, does not matter what your opinion about him is. What matters is how he performs on the pitch. And so far, he has been very good irrespective of the sides we have faced.

I’ve always been a fan of Tammy and thought he could do a job for any top team as a squad player - but watching him I think he has some potential to be a starting striker for a top 6 team..I am not sure if he’ll reach that potential but it is worth starting him this season to further gauge him. Either way we should probably buy a new striker next summer, but the type of striker we bring in could depend on how Tammy does.

I’ve always rated his ability to get goals in any way possible (Bats has a bit of this as well, opportunistic, poacher like qualities), how hard working and tenacious he is and that he is actually quite decent at hold up play already, hence I always thought he’d be a great asset to any PL squad, even top teams. However he’s developed other parts of his game since Bristol City, which seems time ago now. For instance, I’d always been wary that, for a striker, his shooting technique from anything over 15-20 yards was quite poor unusually. Wasn’t strong at laces or curlers. It seems he’s developed that part to his game, the goals he has scored against Norwich are soooo much more varied than the Bristol City goals, that shot against United that hit the post. Even Villa he scored some nice goals that I just don’t think he’d have scored at Bristol or Swansea. He’s not great a always striking ball cleanly but that rate of development is encouraging. He is also turning into a unique striker who is not only capable of holding ball up, is 6”5 but can also run in behind and can be a threat running at defences. I am very interested to see how he develops.