Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

Just now, Special Juan said:

We played Norwich, they are rubbish, judge him on the next 5-10 games.

rubbish but nearly won against us. So we will probably go down this season...

At the end of the day, Tammy has everything a top striker needs to have. His second goal was also Costa level. His passing and his hold up play are great and he showed that in every match this season. He played 170 minutes this season and scored two goals. Not bad at all and considering the fact that he only has 2.3 shots at goal per game, this stat is pretty good.

Tammy will even perform better when James and CHO come into the team again. Both are very good at crossing and Tammy needs good crosses.

Just now, killer1257 said:

rubbish but nearly won against us. So we will probably go down this season...

At the end of the day, Tammy has everything a top striker needs to have. His second goal was also Costa level. His passing and his hold up play are great and he showed that in every match this season. He played 170 minutes this season and scored two goals. Not bad at all and considering the fact that he only has 2.3 shots at goal per game, this stat is pretty good.

Tammy will even perform better when James and CHO come into the team again. Both are very good at crossing and Tammy needs good crosses.

I've bookmarked this.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/24/norwich-vs-chelsea-premier-league-live-score-latest-updates/

“I loved the celebration,” said Lampard. “I spoke to him before the game and said that I felt that today was the day for him. It was a bit of kidology before the game, really, but I do trust in him and I know that as a striker, a young striker, you do need that support and I genuinely mean that.

“He’s had a tough little period for reasons we all know and strikers get judged purely on goals at times and sometimes that’s slightly unfair. I just defended and supported him on that as much as I can. On playing, hopefully, he’ll see my belief on him in terms of selection. From the fact he is playing. The fact I want to do extra finishing and shooting with him every day. The finish today for first one was top drawer. I’ve seen him sky a few of those in training, but you keep going and then you catch one and you score.”

On the influence of Lampard, Abraham added: “I didn't even know how to celebrate, so I just ran over to the management and the staff. It always gives confidence to me and the young boys when the coach believes in you."

4 hours ago, Robchels said:

I guess the context is lost in you. Go back rooting for bakayoko buddy. :) 

Good for Tammy and confidence for the young team, and I wrote before he may become a useful striker for us (not great), but we all knew he could score against championship sides didn’t we?

here’s another one: in this game, Norwich, we were no better than in the other games, but the opposition was championship level. Still a worrying performance for me.

Worrying performance? Seriously? 

I guess the context was not really lost on me. I got it spot on. 😂 

4 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Stand by it, two good goals, very average. Can't wait to be proved wrong.

It's good to have opinions. The opinions will be better if they are based on a good enough sample size, rather than 141 minutes against the CL champions and PL top 4 competitors. 

Anyways, the "very average" is for the performance? If that it so, then I guess our metric of a good performance is really really different 

9 minutes ago, Robchels said:

I also stand by what I said.

norwich will finish bottom 6.

I am pretty sure Norwich will be much closer to 10th position than the 10th position will be to top 6. If Norwich is a championship level team, then so is half the PL. And if Tammy can keep scoring braces against those, while putting in great performances like these, I for one will be happy

5 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

I am pretty sure Norwich will be much closer to 10th position than the 10th position will be to top 6. If Norwich is a championship level team, then so is half the PL. And if Tammy can keep scoring braces against those, while putting in great performances like these, I for one will be happy

Honestly you and mr killer are underestimating our squad. 

Willian and giroud would be Norwich star players this season were they there. Same with the vast majority of our players.

sorry, no, Norwich defended poorly today. Bad defense usually means a drop. They did not stay focused and closed down players. Even in our goals Tammy had no one even annoying him. It was a very easy game and we still conceded twice.

if Norwich can improve and defend better, then this win becomes more important as they will take points from others. But what I saw today was really poor all over the place defending... i’m saying that Everton will go there and get all 3 points.

11 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:
If we bought 100m striker this summer and he performed first few games like Abraham I'm sure he wouldn't get such a treatment on here. Not even close. What do you expect from the boy? Scored two goals today, won us a penalty from the bench against Liverpool, hit the post at Old Trafford, basically just inches away from being a hero there and had just a cameo against Leicester. Let's be honest, this is all because he missed a penalty in Super Cup. It could happened to anyone and tbh it was on Lampard. You don't put a kid to shoot fifth penalty in front of more experienced players like Azpi and Pedro. 

He had 2 goals in 8 prior to yesterday's brace. The hot take about the penalty miss couldn't be further from the truth; had he score the winner against Leicester, everyone would have been delighted. 

P.S. Tammy might be a "kid", but he's probably taken more professional penalties than those two combined.

50 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He had 2 goals in 8 prior to yesterday's brace. The hot take about the penalty miss couldn't be further from the truth; had he score the winner against Leicester, everyone would have been delighted. 

P.S. Tammy might be a "kid", but he's probably taken more professional penalties than those two combined.

Spot on. Tammy was selected for that penalty because he is an experienced penalty taker. He failed miserably. To be fair, the penalty against the loss after everyone else has scored is by far the hardest penalty you can take in a shootout. I am still  in the Tammy is not good enough brigade, desptie his two amazing finishes today but until Batshuayi is fit, Tammy is probably our best option. If he scores or play great after the international break vs Wolves and Liverpool I might reconsider my opinion. till then two well-taken goals dont make a summer. 

9 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:
Spot on. Tammy was selected for that penalty because he is an experienced penalty taker. He failed miserably. To be fair, the penalty against the loss after everyone else has scored is by far the hardest penalty you can take in a shootout. I am still  in the Tammy is not good enough brigade, desptie his two amazing finishes today but until Batshuayi is fit, Tammy is probably our best option. If he scores or play great after the international break vs Wolves and Liverpool I might reconsider my opinion. till then two well-taken goals dont make a summer. 

It's hard to find level-headed take on yesterday's performance for what it was rather than some sort of justification.