Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

1 minute ago, Robchels said:

They are both pretty poor players at the moment. Tammy can still improve, obviously but a top tier is no longer attainable imo.

as for the previous discussion, Diego did create chances, but by pressing the opposition and less by linkup play. 

Pressing too create chances, and we don’t press very well because we have players in free roles (plural).

They are both average players indeed, but there were exceptions when players made big step forward by taking chance and commiting themselves.

Batshuayi in past seasons here knew he will never play ahead of Costa or Morata regardless of work he puts. Now with ban looming, he has genuine chance to work realy hard from day one and play like its for his life every game next season and rip the rewards. He definately has decent quality but he never put enough determination IMO. Abraham isnt as talented as Batshuayi IMO, but has age on his side.

Its realy realy small chance though.

On 5/29/2019 at 2:55 AM, BlueLyon said:

They are both average players indeed, but there were exceptions when players made big step forward by taking chance and commiting themselves.

Batshuayi in past seasons here knew he will never play ahead of Costa or Morata regardless of work he puts. Now with ban looming, he has genuine chance to work realy hard from day one and play like its for his life every game next season and rip the rewards. He definately has decent quality but he never put enough determination IMO. Abraham isnt as talented as Batshuayi IMO, but has age on his side.

Its realy realy small chance though.

Batshuayi was starter in 1st game last year after good pre season but he was awful. 

1 minute ago, communicate said:

Batshuayi was starter in 1st game last year after good pre season but he was awful. 

Exactly and he was dropped soon. Now we wont have any other chance but to give them more playtime. 

4 hours ago, Special Juan said:

He has just thanked Villa on Instagram, looks like he maybe either coming back or being sold.

Tammy Abraham drops hint over his Chelsea future following successful Aston Villa loan

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/06/tammy-abraham-drops-hint-chelsea-future-following-successful-aston-villa-loan-9850254/

Tammy Abraham has hinted that he could be playing his football at Chelsea next season after appearing to bid farewell to Aston Villa in a social media post. The 21-year-old was one of the standout stars behind Villa’s promotion from the Championship, scoring 26 goals and providing three assists in 40 games during a season-long loan from Chelsea. Only Norwich City striker Teemu Pukki scored more goals in the Championship last season than Abraham with 29 and the Villains are keen on securing his services again in the Premier League. Last week, the Guardian reported that Villa were keen to sign Abraham in a £25m deal from Chelsea, however, it looks as though his time with the club has come to an end.

• 1 month later...

“I’m honoured to wear the No 9 at Chelsea. I spoke to the manager and he asked me if I was ready to take it. I said, “Yeah, I’m ready”. I’m glad he offered it to me. I’ve heard all the rubbish about the No 9, but I’m here to play my game and do my best.

“Football brings a lot of pressure. It drives me on. It gives me the extra belief. It was my first goal in a Chelsea shirt and now that’s out of the way it will be nice to push on and score some more.”

-Tammy Abraham; source: Mail

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Sorry but I rather start Giroud or Michy at Old Trafford. 

Michy wasn't any better vs Fontale, likewise Giroud vs Reading.

The big problem is with the strikers we have 3 super subs and no starters.

36 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Michy wasn't any better vs Fontale, likewise Giroud vs Reading.

The big problem is with the strikers we have 3 super subs and no starters.

Think Giroud will be first choice though because he can combine with the attacking midfielder players a lot better than Tammy and Michy. Plus he has a big physical presence although his lack of speed is a concern for high pressing and getting in behind teams. 

Really sorry but all our 3 strikers are average at best. I could not even say who is best. All have more weaknesses than strengths. Michy is a deadly finisher and a good physical all rounder but has no idea about linkup play and awareness, can't hold up a ball and has no game intelligence. Abraham is super tall a good finisher but has no acceleration, lacks sharpness and hunger, games pass him.by and he can't make his own chances. His interplay is also far from stellar. Giroud is strong and good in the air, great holdup and combination play but super slow, wasteful in front of goal, a but clumsy, cant press  and is inefficient in position play. Putting their strengths together would give a good but still not world class striker. I am the biggest opponent of false 9 but if we have so many midfielders in top form, I would not mind it from time to time

It's hard to judge how good he'll be, he's still only young. He's been much more impressive than Kane was in his early loan spells so we don't know how good he'll be. Kane had a crazy breakout season when he was about Abraham's age, despite being pretty shit before that. 

1 minute ago, Nicco said:

Can't wait until we get a real striker and get rid of this guy.

I think we should not give up on him. He played very well today. It was his second match only. He looks nervous but playing important games against Liverpool and Man U in a few days is not something he is used to. I think after a short time he will be more cool with playing in this level.

Missed a sitter. Misses a penalty. Not great. But he encouraged me with his hold-up play and let's not forget, he won us our penalty in normal time.

Lightning strikes twice - whoever said history doesn't repeat itself. Lukaku missed the last penalty against Bayern in a 5-4 shoot-out defeat after a 2-2 draw.