Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

8 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Diego Costa was a world class striker for us that had really bad technical abilities. In the end, he was our best striker after Drogba and he was injured or suspended all the time. We need goalscorers badly

Costa created his own goals. 99% of Tammy's were penalties or crosses to him. 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

If CHO stays and Abraham gets a shot in the Chelsea squad we might see plenty of goals from CHO crosses. Crossing, and speed, is pretty much what CHO can do best.

1. No. Not 99%, not even close.

2. You have to "create" open goal situations aswell. Tammy did very well at Bristol which team was a piece of crap, he did well at Swansea which was the worst team in the PL, he is doing fine at Villa. So it's not like he joins perfectly working teams each year. What he does looks simple but it can only be done by players who have that killer instinct. Like Anelka had.

Check out this vid. Most of his goals are from open goal situations but if you pay attention he always knew where to move and how to find these situations. This guy was PL-topscorer for us.

Costa didn’t, unless at his very best where he did make a few goals through beating players on front foot. But there’s a reason why literally all of his goals for Atletico and Chelsea came inside the box.

On 4/19/2019 at 6:10 PM, nyikolajevics said:

A goal and an assist today as Villa won an important game in Bolton, this was his 25th. I don't know why FA had to announce the team of the year in March, Abraham was not included and now he is 2nd in the top scorers' run. Next year first team please.

Hmm team was announced I think yesterday and he is in it. 

5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Hmm team was announced I think yesterday and he is in it. 

That's the Players' team of the year(PFA). In the EFL Championship team of the year(where the 24 head coaches vote) Tammy wasn't included but Reece was.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
In this game yes, sadly not a good display. But I still take him over Higs though.
I think either extending is loan at Villa to see if he can deliver this time around or sell with a buy back clause.

He just isn't good enough/ready to make the jump.

7 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I think either extending is loan at Villa to see if he can deliver this time around or sell with a buy back clause.

He just isn't good enough/ready to make the jump.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

One is not ready and the other too old and washed up.

If the ban stays I rather Tammy. In an ideal scenario we hunt a quality striker and let the boy develop more.

I know its highly unlikely, but if we are stuck with ban, I hope either Abraham or Bats explodes somehow. They wont be under pressure as other strikers we buy, so hopefuly they take their chance.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

I know its highly unlikely, but if we are stuck with ban, I hope either Abraham or Bats explodes somehow. They wont be under pressure as other strikers we buy, so hopefuly they take their chance.

They are both pretty poor players at the moment. Tammy can still improve, obviously but a top tier is no longer attainable imo.

as for the previous discussion, Diego did create chances, but by pressing the opposition and less by linkup play. 

Pressing too create chances, and we don’t press very well because we have players in free roles (plural).