Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Anyone Who's happy to come in, pick up good money and play next to no minutes bar injures. Giroud has made it clear playing time is a priority for him, he left the club he loves for a rival for that very reason.

Wasn't knocking him. More of a question of what you considered Twilight years.

As we have a few currently reaching a particular age.

27 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Wasn't knocking him. More of a question of what you considered Twilight years.

As we have a few currently reaching a particular age.

In my eyes it's when a player settles gets to a stage they are happy to sit out and play a support role, like how Drogba came back (even if Costa and Remy's injures meant he played more than expected) or JT under Conte.

17 minutes ago, Tomo said:

In my eyes it's when a player settles gets to a stage they are happy to sit out and play a support role, like how Drogba came back (even if Costa and Remy's injures meant he played more than expected) or JT under Conte.

LOL Waterboys hit his twilight years premature then eh.

Hes getting a hellova wage for not even warming the bench.

Not sure if he is in the wrong for taking it or us for giving it him.

9 hours ago, Tomo said:

It's a waste having 3 strikers. Given Sarri's rotation policy, our 1 striker system and our medical team being so good they will barely see the pitch, if atall.

If we are to sign a third striker it will be someone who is in his twilight years who doesn't really give a shit about playing time.

I'd rather have 3 strikers to call on ,than 2 for 60+ games a season , looking at our goals this season in prem , 47 compared to 76,64,61,58,56,the other top5 clubs shows weakness in depth and quality up front to a certain degree.

2 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

I still think a straight Abraham for Giroud swap would leave us quite light up top. Higuain may not even stay, let's be honest.

I am working on the (possibly naive) assumption we will sign a big money striker if he doesn't.

• 5 weeks later...

If the transfer ban happens and the Belgian fucker wants out, lets get CHO on the left with the number 10 shirt, Tammy as our 9 and Pulisic as our RW.

This transfer ban could be the best thing that ever happens at this club.

19 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

If the transfer ban happens and the Belgian fucker wants out, lets get CHO on the left with the number 10 shirt, Tammy as our 9 and Pulisic as our RW.

Be interesting but I think - not 100% sure but read we had a fee agreed to keep him for another year when we initally agreed the deal although fuck knows what will happen because of the ban - Higuains loan move can be triggered for another season and probably wouldnt be worst thing we could do with Giroud potentislly leaving in the summer.

The likes of Tammy, Reece James (if Zappa goes), maybe Mason Mount (when Kovacic goes) could all potentially be integrated next season.

Dont think it necessarily means they will all play a lot but Ampadu, CHO, RLC, Christensen, James, Mount, Abraham, thats 7 academy players that could be in the squad. With the likes of Cahill, Drinkwater and Moses all basically leaving or potentially leaving, homegrown players are needed.

Again though, I think of that happened and not getting players in for 2 windows, we could have another mixed season which some fans would undoubtedly call for Sarris head and probably criticize some of the players. 

If we dont get a transfer ban, personally I think Aaron Wan Bissaka, Ben Chilwell and Declan Rice should be targeted. Would of said Luke Shaw like when we were linked at the start of the season but we have no chance now hes playing well and regularly at United. Doubt Rice would come back actually having been released and theres big interest in him from both Manc clubs. Chilwell and Wan Bissaka also interesting both of them too. Tough but if we can somehow get it overturned those 3 would be guys I think we should prioritise, all 3 are young, British, have huge upside and growth in terms of their levels. Plus use the likes of Christensen, Ampadu, CHO, RLC, Mount and Tammy, possibly James (if Wan Bissaka were to sign, loan him).. easily have a nice blend of youth and experience and homegrown players.

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Be interesting but I think - not 100% sure but read we had a fee agreed to keep him for another year when we initally agreed the deal although fuck knows what will happen because of the ban - Higuains loan move can be triggered for another season and probably wouldnt be worst thing we could do with Giroud potentislly leaving in the summer.

The likes of Tammy, Reece James (if Zappa goes), maybe Mason Mount (when Kovacic goes) could all potentially be integrated next season.

Dont think it necessarily means they will all play a lot but Ampadu, CHO, RLC, Christensen, James, Mount, Abraham, thats 7 academy players that could be in the squad. With the likes of Cahill, Drinkwater and Moses all basically leaving or potentially leaving, homegrown players are needed.

Again though, I think of that happened and not getting players in for 2 windows, we could have another mixed season which some fans would undoubtedly call for Sarris head and probably criticize some of the players.

I mean how much less could Reece James offer us over Zappacosta?

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

I mean how much less could Reece James offer us over Zappacosta?

True. I think with Moses, Cahill and Drinkwater all having no future here, Reece will be one of the ones everyone at the club is expecting to play here at some point in the next few years.

I think Zappacosta has got like 15 or 16 apperances this season and I doubt hes happy with that and was linked away in Jan. If he goes in the summer and lets say we round his season apperances upto 20 at least with Europa games still to play, if Reece came back and got that amount of games next year (as I would imagine Europa will be more likely to CL next season), it would be a good amount for him to break in and get accustomed to a higher level of football as well as possibly feature more if we were cruising games and wanted to rest/rotate Azpi who has been dogged for about 5 seasons straight now.

Its a cynical way to look at him only being brought back next year because hes home grown and we lack HG numbers with potential departures but realistically it gives him a foot in the door and if his season at Wigan is anything to go on, he could surprise Sarri, Zola, his team mates and fans like he has undoubtedly done in the championship this season.

49 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

You know that the Belgian fucker is the best Chelsea player of all time? Even Drogba and Lamps are less skilled than him. He basically won us two titles more or less alone. He delivered when Costa and Cesc went missing for months with shit performances and Hazard basically won us every match in the second period of the season.

Also, I see both Hazard and CHO leaving. No way , we will reject a player when a 40 million offer arrives and why should CHO even consider signing a new contract? No CL and no good players that he can learn from. Pulisic and Willian are nowhere near the level of Hazard.

Just now, killer1257 said:

You know that the Belgian fucker is the best Chelsea player of all time? Even Drogba and Lamps are less skilled than him. He basically won us two titles more or less alone. He delivered when Costa and Cesc went missing for months with shit performances and Hazard basically won us every match in the second period of the season.

Also, I see both Hazard and CHO leaving. No way , we will reject a player when a 40 million offer arrives and why should CHO even consider signing a new contract? No CL and no good players that he can learn from. Pulisic and Willian are nowhere near the level of Hazard.

That Belgian fucker can leave if he thinks he can achieve more at RM, the most important thing for me is players who want to play for MY football club.

I salute Hazard but one thing with me is I don't grow cuddle comfort with players, if they want out then it's goodbye. Chelsea will always be here when Hazard decides to leave. If he stays then great, if he doesn't nobody should cry.

Chelsea FC not Hazard FC:beer: