John Terry

DavidEU

Yep, pretty obvious the age is finally catching up to him and he hasn't been able to recover the same form after the holidays. Maybe he just needs some training and preparation to play at a high level once more or maybe he'll never be the JT of last season again but regardless it's clear we need to sign someone and fast because Ivanovic has turned shit over the summer as well.

Wow, doesn't take long for even a guy like John Terry to be hung out to dry by some fans. Shocking, but not surprising. Maybe Courtois should take some of the blame for not reading the situation by coming off his line to get that.

Getting thrown under the bus by our own fans even though he was the best CB in England last year after a bit of a bad start of the season. Great.

3 months is a long time in football, sometime a player's last hurrah is one of his best ever season. Look at Drogba 09-10, he was never the same again after despite scoring 30+ goals. MU team 2012-13 and countless other examples of top players having one last great season before declining massively.

Basically he is showing his limitations when the team is not accomodating him with low defensive line. If Stones come if we are honest there is no place for him in the starting 11 anymore and that also means the end of his career here as I doubt he would want to be a sub.

Wow, doesn't take long for even a guy like John Terry to be hung out to dry by some fans. Shocking, but not surprising. Maybe Courtois should take some of the blame for not reading the situation by coming off his line to get that.

Coming from you? IRONY. You moan and groan about every player Lol.

Getting thrown under the bus by our own fans even though he was the best CB in England last year after a bit of a bad start of the season. Great.

No one said he wasn't the best. He will still have great games this season but we need someone faster for our defence. Btw, I said this same thing last year during his stellar season. It's not because of form, I just think we need someone fast and someone who can be relied on to come out on top when he's on an island 1 on 1.

Ivanovic is the same really. You get behind either of them and they aren't able to recover and will always give up a foul. I want more Zouma's, who might make more mistakes but at least have the ability to recover.

Off topic from the current discussion:

I think to go the next level we need to prioritize buying or bringing through CBs who are reasonably quick and good on the ball. This is a controversial opinion but I think our CBs are holding back the full potential of this team.

I'm not saying they are bad, Terry and Cahill have been fantastic and Zouma is a great talent but I don't think they fit the playing style Jose really wants. Our CBs don't complement our defensive philosophy of high pressing. It's honestly a huge testament to the players and the coaching staff how good they've made it work. A more competent CB pairing will help considerably in controlling games and further improve our pressing because it's almost stupid to be pressing high with a medium to low defensive block. You're forced to ask the midfielders to cover a lot of ground.

A quicker and CB pairing better on the ball will improve our pressing considerably considering we'd be able to play a high line and it would improve our ball possession considerably as well. We severely lack a CB that could bring the ball out of defence, especially when teams try to congest the midfield and man mark Cesc.

Not sure why I said Zouma there. Imo Zouma is fine, we need a ball playing CB to partner him though.

John Terry has never had the pace, but it's never been a problem for him. He's still the same player he was last season or 4-5 seasons ago. He's just had an unfortunate start to the season, that's all. Against City, it was Cahill that was getting burned by Aguero, but JT was the one that got subbed out, and 1-0 went to 3-0. Even today, he was having a good game up to till the red card which wasn't entirely his fault. Anyone who thinks Stones is better than Terry right now is seriously deluded.

And Fabregas involvement in our defensive woes is being completely ignored. I think there are far bigger problems with our team right now than John Terry.

It's not black or white, JT is still the best defender in the league, or at least amongst the 3 best, it's a matter of profile.

He isn't fast anymore, when the team is confident and protecting him, he's awesome, when we need to play a high line and opponents start playing through balls behind Iva and JT's back, we're exposed.

We still need him, but José is starting to alternate to a higher ligne with faster defenders, and that's what Zouma's start shows today.

Captain Leader Legend.

Terry has suffered tougher times but this week hasn't been easy and gotta feel sorry for him. Nothing is going his way at the moment.

On that red card, think it was the right call. One of the camera angles showed he was holding onto Rondon as he went down. The latter might have appeared to slip but there was contact on him.