John Terry

DavidEU

He was getting destroyed by Aguero's movement.

Unless we are camped inside our own half and Terry only has to mark a 5 yard space he will always get destroyed by the best forwards.

Come on man, you can't expect a 34-year-old Terry to stay with Aguero. Cahill can't and he's 5 years younger.

Our defdenders are rubbish and can only defend one way. They got exposed today.

This is why we play the way we do against good teams: even our so-called best players are deeply flawed.

I don't think JT struggled anywhere near as much as Cahill did, watch the game again and you'll see that Aguero deliberately picks on Cahill for the majority of his chances.

Cahill doesn't have the intelligence to defend well in another way but JT does.

All we have to do is surround JT with pace. I.e. Last season - if we play Luis - JT - Zouma - Azpi, we'd be able to defend much more proactively. It's our manager that's at fault for preferring to defend in this style tbh, we've had the players to play more proactively but he refuses to do it.

Jose also reminded Terry in the press conference that he was the one who gave him the chance when the FSW didn't, I can see cracks appearing between these 2 as well. If Mourinho lasts until summer I got a feeling Terry won't have his contract renewed.

Mourinho on why he took Terry off at HT...

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/08/final-whistle-verdict--man-city-away.html

He explained why John Terry was replaced by Kurt Zouma at half-time

I had to decide on John or Cahill because Zouma is the fastest player we have in our defensive line. When you are going to play with a high block and you are asking your players to do that, the fastest player has to be on the pitch.

‘The point was not to bring John out but to bring Zouma in. I wanted to have my fastest player on the pitch and not on the bench because I knew they would play counter attack and long balls into Aguero. I knew I wanted my team to be dominant and to play in the opposition half.

‘I’m the one that plays John every game, made him captain, brought him back from a difficult situation with other managers. I’m the one who has the right to look at the game and say I want Zouma on the pitch. I was losing 1-0, in minute 35 I was trying to anticipate what I was going to say to the players, and ask the players at half-time, and immediately I had Zouma warming up because it was clear to me he had to play.’

yeah so it was basically a coin flip between him and Cahill.

It's a statement to the board that he needs more players, as Souness said post match, than an indication that he's finished.

yeah so it was basically a coin flip between him and Cahill.

It's a statement to the board that he needs more players, as Souness said post match, than an indication that he's finished.

Indirectly, Mourinho is basically saying Terry is holding us back from playing a high line.

Indirectly, Mourinho is basically saying Terry is holding us back from playing a high line.

There was nothing indirect about it: he said it loud and clear.

I knew I wanted my team to be dominant and to play in the opposition half.

We can't be dominant and play in the opposition half AGAINST GOOD TEAM AND FORWARDS with such a slow CB. This is why we park the bus and camp inside our own defensive third against good teams.