John Terry

DavidEU

Pretty evident from the first half of last year and preseason that his passed it and liability when we're not playing ultra defensive.

I thought I was the only one who noticed this. He looks all over the place when we play a higher line and it doesn't help that neither him or Gary have any serious recovery pace. I love the man JT used to try and model my game after him but the decline is happening a lot more rapid than expected

Basically, if we win we're the best and if we lose, everyone's a liability. IMO, Terry still has a year left at least and his lack of pace is a problem but I'd rather focus on getting another fullback as that's our real problem. Montero rekt Ivanovic yesterday and both Cahill and Terry, IMO, were decent but slow to get back and Swansea were very good once Courtois was sent off.

"Passed it", "liability", what the fuck am I reading?

Every single year people write of JT, smh. When will people actually learn? He still has at least 1 more season at the top level left. Have some respect for the best CB the PL has ever seen.

Was JT even threatened yesterday? It was our right hand side that was getting slaughtered, the criticism on him here is stupid.

He and Cahill gave Gomis too much room and when that happened,Gomis was one on one against Courtois.Sometimes,we had luck because Gomis did the wrong choice,but often Gomis caused us many problems due to the fact that JT and Cahill are slow defenders.Zouma needs to be integrated into the starting eleven because if someone is through neither JT nor Cahill will be able to stop them and that must be prevented in the future.Zouma is the only centre back in our squad that can stop fast players like Gomis.

Was JT even threatened yesterday? It was our right hand side that was getting slaughtered, the criticism on him here is stupid.

There were a couple of times where a ball was played through our CB's if I remember correctly but Gomis was just offside. If there was a better striker (like Agüero next week for example) it could've been ugly.

In terms of 1v1's I don't think he had any issue yesterday.

I'm not writing JT off he is the captain leader legend for a reason but I think having him in our backing will have us revert back to the low block defending because just as we saw last year when we play a higher line with him and Cahill if the opposing striker makes intelligent runs we get into all sorts of trouble. Again not saying he's the reason for our lose yesterday but we need to change three of our back four real soon because it will become what hold us back in the future, I really think if we are going to continue to play JT then we have to play Zouma next to him to give him cover with quick attackers because he's great with a classic forward who uses strength but struggles with pace

I'm not writing JT off he is the captain leader legend for a reason but I think having him in our backing will have us revert back to the low block defending because just as we saw last year when we play a higher line with him and Cahill if the opposing striker makes intelligent runs we get into all sorts of trouble. Again not saying he's the reason for our DRAW yesterday but we need to change three of our back four real soon because it will become what hold us back in the future, I really think if we are going to continue to play JT then we have to play Zouma next to him to give him cover with quick attackers because he's great with a classic forward who uses strength but struggles with pace

Fixed

Don't know how to say this without getting any stick, but for our overall progression as a team we need to unfortunately drop JT :( been loyal and is a legend but if we are to play a decent pressing game we can't sit deep with him. His wealth of experience is vital to develop John Stones and Kurt Zouma. That's also not to say he cant play some of the games that he would be ideal for us like the West Ham and Stokes of the league who don't rely on pace. If we had faster defenders it will inevitably improve our midfield as the ball retention and recovery will be quicker. His dropping will be of no use of Ivanovic stays as a Rb, he either needs to move to CB or be benched just like Terry and bring in a Lb

Don't know how to say this without getting any stick, but for our overall progression as a team we need to unfortunately drop JT :( been loyal and is a legend but if we are to play a decent pressing game we can't sit deep with him. His wealth of experience is vital to develop John Stones and Kurt Zouma. That's also not to say he cant play some of the games that he would be ideal for us like the West Ham and Stokes of the league who don't rely on pace. If we had faster defenders it will inevitably improve our midfield as the ball retention and recovery will be quicker. His dropping will be of no use of Ivanovic stays as a Rb, he either needs to move to CB or be benched just like Terry and bring in a Lb

Not this season. This time next year I'd imagine he is just about to begin his slow transition to coaching. Iva should be the one to go this season.