John Terry

DavidEU

670 CFC appearances and counting. Next season, assuming he plays 50 times (he played 49 last season, it could happen) he will be on 720. Bonetti is on 726, easily catchable. if he does the same the season after (which would be outstanding for a 36 year old defender) he goes to 776. Chopper is on 795. It's distant but just how amazing would it be if he became our record appearance maker? Does he have 3 seasons in him, though, is the question. I honestly think he does.

126 games is a big ask, though. Even if it is over 3 seasons.

Matic: "John is our legend. I’m not saying this because I play with him – he is the best defender in England in the last 20 years." #CFC

Matic "John is our captain, he’s been captain of teams that have won the league several times & I have no idea how many cups he’s won!" #CFC

Matic: "If he [Terry] sees something wrong on the pitch he always makes it right, but in a positive way & the young players like that" #CFC

Matic: "Terry doesn’t actually speak that much in the dressing room, he only speaks when he needs to – and everybody listens" #CFC (Mail)

• 2 weeks later...

Eventually JT and Cahill are going to be replace.

Cahill is fine as the 3rd cb.

However, Stones nor zouma is ready for that. We really need to hit the CB market hard this summer or the next.

John Terry: I'm not ready to leave Chelsea, I've got two more years left at the top

He also said he won't play for another Premier League side if we decide to let him go next year (or whenever).

They all say that, but him I believe for now!

John Terry: I'm not ready to leave Chelsea, I've got two more years left at the top

He also said he won't play for another Premier League side if we decide to let him go next year (or whenever).

Whereas I would never in a month of Sundays expect to see this sight connected to our JT http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/12029-frank-lampard/?p=1122392I'm really at a loss as to what is OUR best way to go concerning his future.

I know he wants 2 more years with us and theres no doubting hes a fit lad even for his age but we know he has his flaws.

WHEN is the right time for us to start bringing (Stones?) in his place?

Right now we got 3 of our back 4 on 1 year contracts. 2 of them have issues that gives us problems. And we have 1 great young lad just begging to step up and take his part which unless we are very careful hes going to start having to look out for himself needing regular playing time.

What do you guys think would be the best way for us to go with this?

Whereas I would never in a month of Sundays expect to see this sight connected to our JT http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/12029-frank-lampard/?p=1122392I'm really at a loss as to what is OUR best way to go concerning his future.

I know he wants 2 more years with us and theres no doubting hes a fit lad even for his age but we know he has his flaws.

WHEN is the right time for us to start bringing (Stones?) in his place?

Right now we got 3 of our back 4 on 1 year contracts. 2 of them have issues that gives us problems. And we have 1 great young lad just begging to step up and take his part which unless we are very careful hes going to start having to look out for himself needing regular playing time.

What do you guys think would be the best way for us to go with this?

Don't buy Stones. JT is confident he has 2 years at the top, so is Jose, and there are no signs decline is creeping up, and even if he does, his leadership skills make up for it. Zouma will gain his place over Cahill on merit, and currently, yes he does deserve selection.

If anything, JT is still getting better. Last season was one of his best, if not the best, and having Zouma play next to him will extend his career further.